Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hall of Fame Protest/Activist Thread (Merged)

cozmikbuffalo

I did not know that, thanks for the info.......so i can only assign half the blame to him...., if thats the case, its pretty revealing how lame it is to have it remain up there, when you claim to be a diehard Redskin fan.....

yeah, any other owner would have removed the lower section seats and put them there. :laugh:

the ring of fame isn't that high up and is in the same spot as many other stadiums.

Not sure if this deserved it's own thread being that there are already pages of Monk threads..

(If you have to ask.... :laugh: ) I just feel since it is a different idea it should be a different thread. :whoknows:

An open invitation to anyone who wants to make a difference. To make sure that #81 gets where he should have been for a long while now--Canton. I really do feel that a protest is in order. I am not saying that we should riot or threaten people. Just a peaceful protest to show that we are NO LONGER going to sit back and watch Monk get screwed out of the HoF. We can post until our fingers bleed about how wrong the voting committee is for not voting Art in. We can tell our friends and other football fans how Art Monk needs to be in Canton. How about we use all of that energy and form a committee to fight the good fight?

There are numerous members on extremeskins, there has to be some who know people. Get the word out. I am tired of getting my hopes up every year in hopes that "this year is the year for Monk." How many times have YOU said that? Hasn't it been said enough already? What are WE waiting for? 65,000 members on this site. We CAN make a difference. We CAN assist Monk. If nothing else, it proves that we care. It proves that The Washington Redskins have THE BEST fans in the league.

Monk needs us.

Make a difference.

I worte as many of the HOF selectors as I could find their email addresses. I ended up sending an email to about 25 or 30 of them, and this is what I wrote:

As one of the Pro Football Hall of Fame selectors, I don't know who you voted for and against, but one thing is for sure, the one person who is deserving of

the hall of fame was overlooked for the sixth time. Who? Art Monk. Any of the selectors who failed to vote for Art Monk have no knowledge of what true class is. The failure to put him in the hall is an intentional discrimination that

should not be tolerated. When a person like Michael Irvin gets selected, who has questionable character and integrity compared to Art Monk, the Hall should be renamed the Hall of Shame. Art Monk has more personal records than Michael Irvin and just as many Super Bowl rings. Not too long ago, Warren Moon was voted into the Hall of Fame even though he has no Super Bowl rings. The selection committee should be done away with, because they obviously have no sense when it comes to class. The 2007 class is mediocre without a classy person like Art Monk.

Regards,

William

I worte as many of the HOF selectors as I could find their email addresses. I ended up sending an email to about 25 or 30 of them, and this is what I wrote:

As one of the Pro Football Hall of Fame selectors, I don't know who you voted for and against, but one thing is for sure, the one person who is deserving of

the hall of fame was overlooked for the sixth time. Who? Art Monk. Any of the selectors who failed to vote for Art Monk have no knowledge of what true class is. The failure to put him in the hall is an intentional discrimination that

should not be tolerated. When a person like Michael Irvin gets selected, who has questionable character and integrity compared to Art Monk, the Hall should be renamed the Hall of Shame. Art Monk has more personal records than Michael Irvin and just as many Super Bowl rings. Not too long ago, Warren Moon was voted into the Hall of Fame even though he has no Super Bowl rings. The selection committee should be done away with, because they obviously have no sense when it comes to class. The 2007 class is mediocre without a classy person like Art Monk.

Regards,

William

Thanks Bro' . Yeah , I have sent 3 e-mails to the PR office of the Redskins and am waiting approval , also I have asked a couple of members on here to use their links to Chris Hanburger and Charles Mann to ask their help as well .

I wrote a letter to Art Monk on the "Tell Art Monk your feeling about him" thread too asking his approval of this . TMK9973 is asking some of his colleagues into financial stuff as a business to get a corporation formed for us so that we can accept donations to do this . Our hope is to do this independant of any Redskins monies at all so that this is completely and solely a Fan based operation . That way we can show the players the team the organization the NFL and the rest of the fans in the NFL including the Pukss that we have the "very best " fans in the NFL .

So , whatever info you guys get to help expidite this effort share your info with either myself or TMK9973 so that we can list you as researchers on this effort . It will be forever a part of the Historical record and maybe someday you can show you're Grandchildren that you were part of the great mobilization of Redskins fans that changed the way the HOF picks their inductees . Coolness !!!

And because it is the right thing to do .

Coz

Regards,

William

Things like you stated here about one of the voters being a sideline reporter for the Kansas City Chiefs is the kind of stuff we will need as well as their resume info , articles if any they may have written on the Skins or Pukes as a whole , where they started their careers etc.. . We have until August of next year so we have plenty of time to do this really well and enough members here 62,000 that if we each donated 10.00 we could raise 620 ,000 dollars . That should do the trick don't you think ? Even if it ends up costing us another 10.00 =6,200,000 bucks . Can you imagine what kind of professional presentation we can create with that kind of operating budget ?? That kind of capital goes a long way a delivers a lot power , clout and legitimacy !!

We can do this , look at how much we have accomlished in just 3 days , this one isn't over yet . Ha , Ha .

I am so excited by this and it's potential . We are so honored and priviledged to be heading up this effort . It is an honor to be in a position to serve the fans and the organization this way . Something we take very seriously . So trust me when I say this will get the very best effort and stewardship we can give it .

Coz

Archived