Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just Noticed that Once again We play Tampa Bay on the road, WHY?

dahurt002

YES!! YES!!! YES!!!! Because as redskin56 pointed out we represent VERY well, and this will be our fourth game in three years ( Don't forget the playoffs) down here!! I have not seen any pictures of tailgates from away games that rival the turn out ours have. take a look.....

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181525

And we'll be having another one this year!!!, they've been getting better every time

You guys get 10 home games counting preseason, don't be hating the luck us Florida Skins have been having. :mad:

Exactly.

This is the umpteenth time this question has been asked.

It's been asked a few times, wouldn't say umpteenth.

If you don't know the rotation of the schedules, then you don't know jack about football.

Really????

I'm sure you Can know jack about football without knowing rotation of schedules.

I think thats the NFL's way of "creating" a rivalry?!?! :whoknows:

I'd say there is a bit of a rivalry there,, and it started in the mid 90s when we played them twice within 3 weeks... they started by talking some major trash, and then they knocked Brian Mitchell as hard as anyone I've ever seen get hit,, to which he jumped up and started a fight and cost us 15 yards.. the game came down to the wire, nastiness all around, and then two weeks later they beat us on some VERY controversial calls including a non-TD in front of Darrell Green that the refs called a score and cost us the game.

Then of course, there's two tight playoff games, plus the phantom 2 point conversion... typically the teams are pretty evenly matched, and knock the hell out of one another. Their familar with one another, and games between them always are a dogfight.

If we have an out of division rival, I'd say it's Tampa. We've played 13 times since 1994, and only once has the score been decided by more than 7 points.

~Bang

It's been asked a few times, wouldn't say umpteenth.

Really????

I'm sure you Can know jack about football without knowing rotation of schedules.

Yes. It's not simple like it used to be. For exampel, I bet there are very few people who can list our schedule for 2008, excluding the two parity games, without having to look it up.

I can deal with that. What I cannot deal with is us playing 3 or 4 teams right after their off week, come on that is rediculous. It better not be like that this year!

Yeah, it looked like the league set us up last year, Both Mannings had a extra week to get ready for us.

There are 2 roatations of the schedule...

1. When the NFC East plays the NFC South...we rotate home and home every 3 years...

2. The order of finish in the division...this year the 4th place NF East team plays AT the 4th place NFC South team...then the next year they reverse it.

This 2nd rotation is just sort of the luck of the draw...next year if we finish in the same place as Tampa bay again...we MAY STILL have to go to Tampa in 2008.

Yes. It's not simple like it used to be. For exampel, I bet there are very few people who can list our schedule for 2008, excluding the two parity games, without having to look it up.

Not ripping on you Mark... but I'm here at work and I'll tell you who we play in 2008 without looking.

Dallass, NYG, Philly twice, Home- St.L, Ariz, Road- SF, Sea, Home- Cincy, Clev Road- Pitt and Balt. Plus the 2 games to be determined based on our finish.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my "you don't know jack about football" comment, but this horse has been beat so many times, it just triggered (horse reference :laugh: ) something in me.

The way the rotation of the schedule is nowadays is actually less complicated than the days when we had 3 divisions of 5 and 4. People don't realize, we may have to go to TB in 2008, depending on where we both finish in the schedule. Say we both finish 2nd place in 07, maybe the rotation is NFCE 2nd place @ NFCS 2nd place.

But we are guaranteed they come to Washington in 2009 as the NFC South rotation comes back around.

I've made the last three games in Tampa. If they continue to stink next year, we should be able to make it almost a home game.

The first time, I was alone and regretably so drunk that someone really should have beat me up. (won't do it again, trust me. I hate trashed opposing fans at FedEx) The second time, there was a whole block of Redskins fans around the away tunnel just a few rows to my right and I came with family so it was much safer to cheer. Although since it was a playoff game, a lot of the locals thought they should act like we were in Philly. When the locals stormed out at the end, it became clear just how many Skins fans were actually there hidden by the pirate flags. As our guys left the field, I think they felt like they were home with a couple hundred people singing "Hail to the Redskins" for them.

The third time was actually even better than the playoff game as there were tons of Redskins fans all around me and when I started sining, they always backed me up. It's a damn shame Lloyd dropped that pass.

I look forward to the fourth contest. If it weren't for these Tampa games, I would not have managed to go to four games each of the last two years.

There are 2 roatations of the schedule...

1. When the NFC East plays the NFC South...we rotate home and home every 3 years...

2. The order of finish in the division...this year the 4th place NF East team plays AT the 4th place NFC South team...then the next year they reverse it.

This 2nd rotation is just sort of the luck of the draw...next year if we finish in the same place as Tampa bay again...we MAY STILL have to go to Tampa in 2008.

Sorry, but this is not correct.

You are correct in saying there are two (general) rotations of the schedule -- one for the NFC and one for the AFC. Then, in addition, there's also the two parity games, the divisions of which are specifically defined years in advance, and are in an organized rotating schedule, but the placement of which is determined by the win-loss ranking of that specific year.

One rotation is the NFC non-division NFC games. We play one division a year, it rotates each year: Three divisions in three years. Then the home/visting teams swap and it's repeated. The entire cycle takes six years in this rotation.

Another rotation is the AFC games. We play one division a year, it rotates every year: Four divisions in four years. Then the home/visiting teams swap and it's repeated. The entire cycle takes eight years in this rotation.

The two parity games which are NFC games are cycled annually in a rather confusing and illogical manner, but it all works out in the end:

At home, all NFC games goes in this order: South, West, South, North, North, West, (repeat cycle, this is on a six year cycle)

Away: North, North, West, South, West, South (repeat cycle, this is on a six year cycle).

It's impossible for the Redskins to travel to Tampa Bay in 2008 as you suggest, unless it's for a playoff game. Although it's possible we could host them at home.

It is tough to memorize this. It may be easier to understand if you study the schedules listed on this website:

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_nfce.htm

Not ripping on you Mark... but I'm here at work and I'll tell you who we play in 2008 without looking.

Dallass, NYG, Philly twice, Home- St.L, Ariz, Road- SF, Sea, Home- Cincy, Clev Road- Pitt and Balt. Plus the 2 games to be determined based on our finish.

Man, you are my hero. You got the Cincy Pittsburgh games mixed up though. We play Steelers at home and Bengals on the road. You also didn't mention what divisions are the parity divisions. Still, that is pretty friggin' amazing to get that close without looking! Better than I could have done.

The only times it is alternated is if the teams are in different conferences and it has only been this way since it went to 8 divisions. The reason we are playing Tampa Bay again this year is because Tampa Bay and the Redskins finished last in their respective divisions.

BTW, isn't Tampa's stadium just another Redskins Tailgate? It doesn't matter where we play this game, its always going to be a home game for us.

Man, you are my hero. You got the Cincy Pittsburgh games mixed up though. We play Steelers at home and Bengals on the road. You also didn't mention what divisions are the parity divisions. Still, that is pretty friggin' amazing to get that close without looking! Better than I could have done.

Thanks, but I couldn't remember if we had ever been to heinz field. I went in and checked and sure enough we lost 16-7 at Heinz. Getting too old. Memory isn't what it used to be. I remember playing at Cleveland and the home game against Balt. Wasn't sure where we played Cincy. Parity divisions are the South and North as we will be playing all the West that year.

Did I miss something, When did they annouce that Tampa Bay was in our division. This would be third year in a row that we have to play Tampa Bay in Tampa Bay. Why? Their not our rivals, can somebody explain this to me.

Dude, its TAMPA BAY!! While there are no gimmies on the schedule, especially on the road, that is as close to a winnable game as we're going to have. Heck, we nearly beat those guys last year in Tampa and that was, I believe, Campbell's first career start. I just don't get why you are moaning about this. Now if we had to go to New England 3 years in a row you might have a beef.

Archived