Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Met Taylor Jacobs today

SkinsNoles21

Finally!...the day has come where I can begin my own thread about how I met an NFL player/Redskin/former Redskin.

I work at Friedman's Jewelers in Tallahassee, Florida and today Taylor Jacobs came in to pick up a ring. When I walked into the back and looked at his receipt I realized the name said Taylor Jacobs. I figured it was just a coincidence so when I walked about out I asked if he follows football at all because there is a wide receiver in the NFL who is named Taylor Jacobs. He said that's me. I told him I was a big Redskins fan and knew all about him, he mentioned that he was traded.

I said yea...to the 49ers right? and he said yea...and then he said he is a long way from home.

Other than that I didnt say too much although there were plenty of questions I could have asked. When he left I shook his hand and told him good luck. He was a pretty nice guy, seemed down to earth and laid back.

Nothing too crazy but everyday I get on extremeskins and read some thread about some fan meeting some player and I felt like it was my turn. Sooo....I met Taylor Jacobs...good guy, and uhhh, Id rather have him on our team than Mike Rumph:doh: ....

:logo:

LOL, you're in the heart of 'Nole country and a Gator walks in...and you're happy? Lord have mercy, let's hope that doesn't get out to your buddies in the area. :laugh:

LOL, you're in the heart of 'Nole country and a Gator walks in...and you're happy? Lord have mercy, let's hope that doesn't get out to your buddies in the area. :laugh:

unfortunately...there are gators everywhere...i am not a gator fan at all...taylor was drafted by the skins...that comes first.

we are owned by the gators right now...

but look out for the Noles next year...i smell a return to dominance (an an unreal coaching staff.)

Because he didn't do much for the Skins doesn't mean he's not a nice guy an still an NFL player, I hear he's a really cool guy, and was well liked.

I think it was cool to meet him

^^^ exactly! I really dont understand folks on here sometimes. Apparently cant seperate the two. oh well.

cool story man.

Well anybody could figure that out from watching him on the field, I need more prove of this meeting

I saw him at a CVS in Northern VA in late 2005. We were in the same aisle and I'm not the type of person to drool when I see a player, but I casually gave him a "what's up Taylor" and a "nice win last week" (they had beaten Arizona) and he casually said "whats up" and "yeah thanks, we pulled that one out" or something to that degree. He didn't seem like much of a talkative guy but was very nice and seemed genuine. I wished him luck and he thanked me and that was it.

by this logic if portis or edgerrin james walk into my store i cant be excited to see them either...

Well they are from the U and it does have a rep as having a "thug" football team. That was a bad one but oh well :doh:

hahahah taylor jacobs shops at friedmans jewelers! what a class act. did he have a pair of shoes from payless on?

by the way. jacobs bought a avalanche from a dealership i worked at. when asked about how he felt about the skins and the fact that the salesman working with him was a dallas fan he said "whatever man the skins just pay me". loser. his dad seemed like a nice guy

unfortunately...there are gators everywhere...i am not a gator fan at all...taylor was drafted by the skins...that comes first.

we are owned by the gators right now...

but look out for the Noles next year...i smell a return to dominance (an an unreal coaching staff.)

Have fun with Jimbo , he'll screw up at least one or two games due to his conservative playcalling against top teams on the road. :cheers: Other than that, he is a very good OC.

Finally!...the day has come where I can begin my own thread about how I met an NFL player/Redskin/former Redskin.

I work at Friedman's Jewelers in Tallahassee, Florida and today Taylor Jacobs came in to pick up a ring. When I walked into the back and looked at his receipt I realized the name said Taylor Jacobs. I figured it was just a coincidence so when I walked about out I asked if he follows football at all because there is a wide receiver in the NFL who is named Taylor Jacobs. He said that's me. I told him I was a big Redskins fan and knew all about him, he mentioned that he was traded.

I said yea...to the 49ers right? and he said yea...and then he said he is a long way from home.

Other than that I didnt say too much although there were plenty of questions I could have asked. When he left I shook his hand and told him good luck. He was a pretty nice guy, seemed down to earth and laid back.

Nothing too crazy but everyday I get on extremeskins and read some thread about some fan meeting some player and I felt like it was my turn. Sooo....I met Taylor Jacobs...good guy, and uhhh, Id rather have him on our team than Mike Rumph:doh: ....

:logo:

Thats cool that you met a former Skins player. Back on Dec. 15th, Nick Novak came into Panera Bread in Gaithersburg, MD and got a bagel and some coffee. I was working the bakery section when he walked in. I reconized him immediately and said whats up to him. I could tell he was trying to keep a low profile because he was nervous when he came up to me. I treated him like any other customer. He said down near the front door and then moved after 5 minutes and sat in the booth area and then moved for a third time. While he was there, we would nervously look around as if someone was trying to steal his bagel or something. I was going to say good luck on finding a new team or something like that. But then I felt it was best to leave him alone. It has to suck to kick the game winning FG and then you cut a few weeks later. Keep in mind that when he came into Panera Bread that day, it was a week and a half after being cut.

Have fun with Jimbo , he'll screw up at least one or two games due to his conservative playcalling against top teams on the road. :cheers: Other than that, he is a very good OC.

you obviously havent watched the Noles in the last five years...the offensive playcalling was beyond awful. Jimbo, with the addition of Rick Trickett (former WVU oline coach) as oline coach and lawrence dawsey (former all pro and nole wr) as wr coach, this offense is going to be explosive.

oh yeah....expect Chuck Amato to return to FSU to coach the linebackers.

by this logic if portis or edgerrin james walk into my store i cant be excited to see them either...

Of course, THEY ARE 'CANES!!!! GB the U!!!

Ask any 'Cane in the NFL who is the one team that you couldn't stand or had to beat....FSU!

I can see that it would be a tuff situation if it were Portis, but Edge is a 'Cane that never put on the burgandy & gold.

yes...thats all im tryin to say, for those of us that dont work at the Cheesecake factory, we dont get to meet Redskins/former Redskins or NFL players very often and it is cool when we get the opportunity.

LOL - ever since I stopped working there, I stopped seeing Redskins, it was the only perk to working on Monday nights, which are typically the slowest.

Taylor Jacobs, such promise...

by the way. jacobs bought a avalanche from a dealership i worked at. when asked about how he felt about the skins and the fact that the salesman working with him was a dallas fan he said "whatever man the skins just pay me". loser. his dad seemed like a nice guy

...and we wonder why the rivalry is not what it was back in the day. :doh:

Good story.

As a lifelong Gator fan AND Redskins fan, I am a big TJ fan. I think he could have been good as a Skins receiver, however he was a victim of the fact that we haven't had any success getting the ball to any receiver OTHER THAN #89, and occasionally Chris Cooley!

Unfortunately, in the days of free agency, that will be the case for a LOT of players! There's not enough time to instill the rivalry in a player who (1) won't be with the team more than a couple of years, and (2) is too young to actually REMEMBER when there WAS an actual Skins/Crackgirlz rivalry!

Although I'm a fourth gen Floridian, I lived in Virginia for three years back in the early 70s. I had a Washington Star newpaper route (afternoon and Sunday morning paper) and Bill Brundige, Charley Taylor, and Charley Harraway (Harraway actually lived two doors down from me and I knew him and his wife and son very well) were customers. Imagine a 12 year old kid ringing the door bell and all 6'5" of Bill Brundige comes to the door (he had to duck because the door frame was below the top of his head) and you have to say in your most authoritarian 12 year-old voice, "I want my $2.00!"

Archived