Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scouts, Inc. Mock draft

Rufus T Firefly

Guest HowAboutThemSkins

This is fun to look at, but it's really meaningless. Until all of the underclassmen declare and the draft combine is run we have very little idea who the skins will target.

we should draft calvin johnson

You're an IDIOT. Seriously.

By the way, this Jamaal Anderson guy sounds rather good.

And I know how much we hate people hate us trading future draft picks, but I would trade our second pick next as, as well as something else, to get a first rounder this year, something like 28th overall, if Patrick Willis falls that far down. Wouldn't mind marcaus Mcauley.

280 is enough weight to be able to take on NFL O linemen without having to be a pure speed rusher. It also enables him to be more stout against the run. Adams is 6'5 260 which is relatively lanky for a 4-3 DE in the NFL. He is a speed rusher like Carter. Why do we want another speed rusher who could be suspect against the run? From what I've read Adams could put on more weight without losing speed but why chance that if you can get someone like Anderson who is a pass rush threat and stout against the run?

Exactly...:notworthy

scouts inc are idiots because the lions have already stated numerous times they arent taking a quarterback. granted the lions are the stupidest franchise in football, but they swear they arent taking a QB with that #2 pick. theyll probably pick calvin johnson and him and mike williams can clean toilets at wendys.

that is funny :laugh:

Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Mike Williams... I see a pattern...

Calvin Johnson???

Seeing Patrick Willis and Reggie Nelson go that low is depressing (especially Nelson to the Cowboys). I'd love to trade down and get either one of those guys, who in my opinion are more of a "sure thing" than Branch, Adams, or Anderson.

I totally agree with you on Willis. If somehow he could trade down and take him that low it would be a bargain.

In 2005 two pure DE's were taken in the entire first round. They were David Pollack and Erasmus James. They have a total of 9.5 sacks in a combined four season of football, I know they both suffered bad injuries but even thier rookie years weren't all world. The other two pass rushers taken in 05 were Demarcus Ware and Shawn Merriman. Those guys are special and even Demarcus ware can be suspect against the run.

In 2006 Mario Williams, Tamba Hali, Manny Lawson, Mathias Kiwanuka and Kamerion Wimbley were all DEs chosen in round one. They averaged around 4 sacks each with the exception of Wimbley who had a great year with 11 sacks.

With the sixth overall position in the draft your sole line of thinking cannot be areas of need. If you are Joe Gibbs who doesn't have much time left at this you have to evaluate the players that can help you win now. After a 5-11 year you can't comeback with a 7-9 or 8-8. That won't cut it.

What makes you think this team is going to evaluate this years talent better than they have in the past? This team passed on Ware and Merriman when they were right in front of them. Merriman went to Maryland for God Sakes. The scouting department does a lot of one stop shopping I think. I bet they fell in love with Carlos Rogers when they went to work out Campbell at Auburn.

My point is that there is a lot of defensive talent that will be there at that sixth pick. There is however the potential for a game breaker to be there. Very rarely is a D end a game breaker. When they line up the players available they for dam sure better take the player they feel has the most big play potential. With only one pick on the first day and a Joe Gibbs nearing the end of his contract they need to get a star that can shine tommorrow.

And a side note, please resign Cooley and Taylor now.

What makes you think this team is going to evaluate this years talent better than they have in the past? This team passed on Ware and Merriman when they were right in front of them. Merriman went to Maryland for God Sakes. The scouting department does a lot of one stop shopping I think. I bet they fell in love with Carlos Rogers when they went to work out Campbell at Auburn.

Easy to say in hindsight, but back in April of 2005, I don't think anyone could have predicted that Lavar wasn't going to be able to come back quickly and end up being so much a cancer on this team that we'd need to get rid of him.

The only reason why you draft a player at a position that you are strong in is if you don't have any glaring weakness and can afford to spend a high pick on depth (like the Giants and Kiwanuka) or if you aren't high on the guys you have (like drafting Campbell).

BTW, Ware is a 3-4 linebacker. He would not have been a good fit here.

My point is that there is a lot of defensive talent that will be there at that sixth pick. There is however the potential for a game breaker to be there. Very rarely is a D end a game breaker. When they line up the players available they for dam sure better take the player they feel has the most big play potential. With only one pick on the first day and a Joe Gibbs nearing the end of his contract they need to get a star that can shine tommorrow.

So... What are you suggesting? I sure hope not Calvin Johnson.

Jason

Easy to say in hindsight, but back in April of 2005, I don't think anyone could have predicted that Lavar wasn't going to be able to come back quickly and end up being so much a cancer on this team that we'd need to get rid of him.

The only reason why you draft a player at a position that you are strong in is if you don't have any glaring weakness and can afford to spend a high pick on depth (like the Giants and Kiwanuka) or if you aren't high on the guys you have (like drafting Campbell).

BTW, Ware is a 3-4 linebacker. He would not have been a good fit here.

Jason

Jason does have a point regarding hindsight. There really is no way to know what any top draft pick is going to do in the NFL. Thats just the way it is and you have to take your chances. Sometimes a high 1st rounder is a bust, sometimes they become superstars. Regardless, if you have obvious holes in your lineup you need to get the best guy to fill one of those spots. I see many people talking about this or that player who was picked up in the 5th round and ended up being a star. Yes it happens, but think about the numbers. How many players are drafted in rounds 3-7? A ton. How many end up being stars? A very small percentage of those. Assuming that if you trade down you will get a diamond in the rough is pretty unrealistic. We should get the best guy we can while we're as high as we are in the draft.

:2cents:

We don't need any more STARS. We need solid football players. Screw the combine. I hope the Redskins don't send anyone there. Look at game tapes (DVD's) and see how these guys play football. Not high jump or broadjump or running between cones or lifting weights. I would rather look at game speed with pads, blocking ability, catching, breaking tackles, rushing the QB etc.

scouts inc are idiots because the lions have already stated numerous times they arent taking a quarterback. granted the lions are the stupidest franchise in football, but they swear they arent taking a QB with that #2 pick. theyll probably pick calvin johnson and him and mike williams can clean toilets at wendys.

I haven't seen this. Can you show me a link where they Lions stated they weren't taking a QB? The only other option I think would be OT, but I can't believe they would pass on Quinn if he was there.

Archived