Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scouts, Inc. Mock draft

Rufus T Firefly

I was under the impression that Adams wouldn't be available at #6. But, if he is, then HECK YES!

With the underclassmen who are declaring now he is pretty likely to be around. Either way, we will have at least one of the top defensive line guys at #6, be it Branch, Adams, or Anderson. I'm not that big on Adams for us. He is a very good player but we would benefit more from a monster DT in Branch or a bigger 4-3 DE in Anderson since he is great at pass rushing and against the run.

Sorry folks: if you want a pass-rushing demon, then you want Gaines Adams. Those of you who have jumped on the Jamaal Anderson train need to realize that he is NOT a pass rusher. He is a run-stopping DE. He will play DE or DT in the pros, although his ideal position would probably be a DE in the 3-4.

He is not a Peepers or Freeny kind of guy. He is a guy more like Richard Seymour. A run-stuffing DE with 5 sacks a year kind of guy.

Sorry folks: if you want a pass-rushing demon, then you want Gaines Adams. Those of you who have jumped on the Jamaal Anderson train need to realize that he is NOT a pass rusher. He is a run-stopping DE. He will play DE or DT in the pros, although his ideal position would probably be a DE in the 3-4.

He is not a Peepers or Freeny kind of guy. He is a guy more like Richard Seymour. A run-stuffing DE with 5 sacks a year kind of guy.

Where are you going to play Adams then? At LE? You need more of a run stopping and pash russing guy at left end. We already have Andre Carter playing undersized at end I don't think we need another undersized end.

Isn't a pass rusher? So that is why he led the SEC in sacks this year with 13.5? He is a good pass rusher and good against the run: he was also second in the SEC in tackles for loss with 19.5. Not all players are one dimensional. How can you know what he is going to do in the NFL? He is almost the same size as Peppers...I think an inch shorter and 3 lbs lighter. He is also very quick for his size. Have you actually watched him play at all? We don't need another speed rusher on the other side of Carter. We need a brute like Anderson who can get pressure and stuff the run.

I know you just want to share info but I doubt ESPN appreciates you sharing their Insider articles.

Good for him. ESPN has a lot of nerve charging for information other good web sites provide for free. I wouldn't pay 2 cents for that service just out of principle.

I haven't seen much of Jamaal Anderson's play so I don't know about him much but it sounds as if he has more run stopping abilities. Gaines Adams I've seen, and he can rush the passer but we need someone who can stop the run also and Gaines Adams is very suspect from what I saw of him against the run.

I know you just want to share info but I doubt ESPN appreciates you sharing their Insider articles.

in regards to the mock draft I think I'm begining to like Anderson more. Im skeptical about having 2 pass rushing DE's and no run stopping option.

I appreciate you.

While I'm still for trading down and trying to get two or three players in the first couple rounds, if we do stay at number #6. Anderson does look appealing. Given his body of work both rushing the passer and stopping the run in the SEC of all places, I wouldn't be upset if he's announced as our 6th pick.

if u think the redskins trade up, youre thinking again like synder.. the browns will not take anderson, they need alot of help. we have few picks and we need a impact player like a anderson, adams and branch.. trading down a few slot to maybe 8 and 9 would be fine because i believe one of those 3 will be still there

Who knows anything about John Wendling S? I know he's not a first rounder but I was on www.nfldraftcountdown.com and read a scouting report on him and he sounded pretty good. If we could get away with a stellar d-lineman in the first and get him with a later pick, I think that would be pretty successful considering the amount of picks we have to work with.

Archived