Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would you say was your FAVORITE Washington Redskins moment this season?

Taylor 36

When the Redskins beat Dallas, it's always special.

When they beat them in the most improbable, heart-breaking fashion imaginable, it's even better.

And on top of that, it turns out that that incident foreshadowed their elimination from the post-season weeks later, so it's better still.

Did it match up to the victory in Texas Stadium last year? No, not even close.

But was it the best moment of an otherwise completely miserable season? Absolutely.

There is way too much negativity and ignorant speculations floating around this board right now. So, in an attempt to try to help get some positive juices flowing, I want to start a thread that would focus on what fans found to be their favorite moment, play, etc. this season as it relates to our beloved team.

Please, this thread is to be a positive thread. If you can't say anything positive about the team, or feel the need to bash a player or coach, just move on to another thread.

I'll start.......

For me, my favorite moment would have to be the end of the second Dallas game. That was so exciting and inspiring. I was on top of the world the entire week after that.

My favorite play was the overtime catch and TD run by Moss in the Jags game. My son was born that morning, October 1st, and that play helped sum up one of the best days of my life. Plus, my brothers and father were there to watch the game with me, being that they all traveled to meet the new member of the family, so that made it that much more special.

To me it's one of two things....(1) Blocking the Dallas FG try and the look on Parcells face--Classic, or (2), The last play to end the season ;)P

Seeing that the thread is Favorite Moment I would have to unfortunately say along with others the End of the Season. Never have I looked more forward to a season that I couldn't wait to see it end.

It just seemed to drag on with one pathetic performance after another with only 'flashes' of consistent play. Players who played with heart but some just lacked talent. To see a team just erode was just horrible from a fan perspective. With that being said I think this team will eventually turn this around to being the Skins that we all remember. Will it be soon? I don't think so not with our current infrastructure or salary cap troubles. I do think they will eventually "GET IT" and get this thing turned around in the right direction.

It was that Saints victory for me.. In that game, you kind of felt as though we were cheated(or treated:) ) a sneak peak into the future. Don't get me wrong I loved the Jacksonville game, and we all enjoy taking Dallas down(no matter the fashion) but that said, look... Jason while not having spectacular numbers was such a commanding presence out there(that was exciting for me); in that game more so than any other(IMO). Every time he dropped back I could sense it making the Saints(and their fans) skin crawl. The defense was stellar(an understatement) and our running game set a tone of pure power all day.

The blocked kick in the second game against Dallas and then a field goal with no time left - definitely the best moment this year. We were late for a friend's birthday, but stayed and watched game until the end. We went to the birthday and wore our Redskins gear and one of the friends took a picture of our family in Redskins cloths, made a nice frame and gave it to us later. This is a moment I will treasure for a long time... at least until Redskins win a SB. :)

Archived