Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Walt Harris Gets 7th Pick and Scores (merged)

skins4eva

I still wanna know where all you Walt lovers were last year when I'd stand up for him and get nothing but grief for it. ;)

Good luck finding anybody that would admit they don't know half of what they think they do.

EMERGENCY REPORT!!!

Taylor Jacobs just caught a pass for a first down. I KNEW we'd regret trading him. :doh:

They have played pretty well this year, but I dont think we should knock Carter right now, if anyone, he has played better defence then anyone on the team the last 6 weeks.

Is that really saying much? We had one of the worst defenses of ALL TIME. I don't care how much of a defensive guru Williams is--you are not a good coach when your defense is as bad as ours was this year.

Is that really saying much? We had one of the worst defenses of ALL TIME. I don't care how much of a defensive guru Williams is--you are not a good coach when your defense is as bad as ours was this year.

It is saying a lot of Carter in my opinion. He could of gave up, but he played hard, played for pride, and started coming on. I am excited to see how he continues to play next year for us.

Our D had a bad year, your right, so would you say that Williams first 2 years here was a fluke, or did the other teams just figure out the scheme or do we need better players to play in that scheme

I still wanna know where all you Walt lovers were last year when I'd stand up for him and get nothing but grief for it. ;)

That is so true.

Last year on this board, Harris was considered worse than Hitler.

His name was a curse upon this team.

Now that he got a few INTs this year, everyone wants to act like they knew all along that he was a gem that the F.O. foolishly squandered.

The "geniuses" on this board don't even have the guts to stand by their past words and positions. :doh:

Truly pathetic.

It is saying a lot of Carter in my opinion. He could of gave up, but he played hard, played for pride, and started coming on. I am excited to see how he continues to play next year for us.

Our D had a bad year, your right, so would you say that Williams first 2 years here was a fluke, or did the other teams just figure out the scheme or do we need better players to play in that scheme

A little of both. We had a pro bowl middle linebacker who we let get away to our division rivals. We had Smoot and Springs. We had Marshall playing his natural position, Griffin playing out of his mind. We had all sorts of movement along the line of scrimmage that season and we weren't playing the Cover 2 on first downs.

One of the things you'll notice this season is how far off our D-backs played all year. Sometimes as much as 15 yards back. When your corners are that far off, they cannot help in run support and when your LB are as bad as ours, it's a recipe for disaster.

Williams changed his scheme significantly this year. We went from defense that played numerous fronts and schemes to a defense that played the Cover 2 or some variation thereof on almost every down. His first 2 years, we played man most of the time, let our LB's attack and our Safties roam. This year was an unmitigated disaster and Williams and his staff did NOTHING all season to fix it.

Walt has 7 INTs on the year, Champ has 10 INTs on the year.

How many INTs did the entire Redskin team have this year?

:doh:

Blah, blah, blah....

Practically everyone on this board couldn't wait for Harris to be cut and run out of town last season.

Now, in their zeal to blame the coaches for everything from the lack of turnovers to the ring around their bath tub, everyone wants to act like they wanted to keep Harris.

Sad. :doh:

And he gets a fumble recovery!

Listening to that announce crew is bad, they were utterly baffled by the fact that SF could challange down by contact. "Well, to get this overturned that means the whistle must not have blown when Harris picked it up!", then AFTER seeing him clearly walk in and pickup the ball, "I never saw Harris have clear possession of the ball."

He was battling injuries all last season season.

Dude, I know what he was battling and doing all season and talked about it at the time. My comment stands.

I'm not gonna replay in depth the same dialogues from passed years (ala Ramsey, Laverne, the whole 2004 offense not-just-MB thing). :cool:

Though its fun for some, I'm not into the constant long-form repetition of my golden thoughts of yore. :D

I am just noting how being on top of things after-the-fact is relatively easy.

Dude, I know what he was battling and doing all season and talked about it at the time. My comment stands.

I'm not gonna replay in depth the same dialogues from passed years (ala Ramsey, Laverne, the whole 2004 offense not-just-MB thing). :cool:

Though its fun for some, I'm not into the constant long-form repetition of my golden thoughts of yore. :D

I am just noting how being on top of things after-the-fact is relatively easy.

There's no doubt people couldn't stand him--it's less an observation about Harris and more of an indictment of our defensive coaching staff.

Archived