Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For those of you who pick against the Skins, Check out redskins lunch...

UnKle RUku$

Listen to Redskins Lunch today. I let the host and show know my disgust in picking against the Skins. I dont care how bad my beloved skins are I will never root or pick against the redskins. This Czaben guy said last week the Redskins would lose 45-14. Bram Weinstein who is on Redskins Lunch every weekday picks against the Skins on numerous occasions. Also, he kept saying how scared he was of New Orleans and picked against the skins.

I say to all of you who pick against the Skins...Go somewhere else and voice these frustrations. We dont need you here, I love this team win or lose 16-0 or 0-16. I love this team...so to you Trolls Czaben, Weinstein, and some of your guys here...Get out of here, you mind as well put on a Cowgirls jersey.

Thats my rant of the day...have a Merry Christmas!

- Unkle Ruckus

If you are on a Redskins show I believe there is no reason to pick against the Skins ever. That is ridiculous, its madness you cant be a fan if you pick against the team you are working for... Sonny J never picks against the Skins no matter who they are playing...It makes no sense...Why would you pick against the skins and root for them that makes no sense...

Due respect, UncleR, but I think you may have missed the point of the show. Yes, they're on Redskins Radio and broadcasting from Ashburn, but they're not there to "root" for the Redskins. They're there to discuss the team and share their opinions/views on the team.

Besides, since when did picking games have anything to do with who you root for? Isn't predicting games about saying who you think is going to win the game, regardless of who you "like" better?

What am I missing here?

If you are on a Redskins show I believe there is no reason to pick against the Skins ever. That is ridiculous, its madness you cant be a fan if you pick against the team you are working for... Sonny J never picks against the Skins no matter who they are playing...It makes no sense...Why would you pick against the skins and root for them that makes no sense...

1) Journalists should be objective. They are not there to be fans. They are there to inform fans. Whether or not you like their information or viewpoint is up to you.

2) There are plenty of reasons to pick against the skins as they haven't been very good this year.

3) As someone else said, there is a difference between wanting a team to win and thinking they are going to win.

Objectivity is something a lot of people on here really, really struggle with.

I picked against them in the CPND pick em contest but never for one minute did I root for them to lose. I was hopping up and down like any other idiot when Carlos knocked down that pass at the end of the game. Thinking with the head (picking games) and rooting with the heart are completely different.

(I did pick them this week, so they are bound to lose).

I'm with you, OM. I'm not sure what I'm missing. Hell, I'm not sure what the point of this thread is.
Though I agree that picking against the Skins is acceptable, I get the overall point of this thread. There are a lot of "fans" who are more than happy to talk about how they hate everybody/everything in this organization. I know a guy who says that he's a Redskins fan, but all he does is talk smack about them. Self-hating fans are annoying and useless. They may as well wear Cowboys jersey as my mother's brother, Unkle Rukus, pointed out.

Gzus.....Be Easy here. Calm down.

"rooting" and "picking" against a team are two totally different things.

Personally, If I tuned in every week and heard "Redskins are the best", "redskins will crush ______ this week", "The Skins D is dominant"....etc...on a nonstop basis there would be no point in listening. ESPECIALLY WHEN WE ARE 4-9!!! Get real. I realize that "Any Given Sunday" exists and 4-9's can beat 9-4's even on the road. But the fact is it doesnt happen that much, and to assume or expect it to is absurd.

Im not a Czaben fan by any means and HATE him but im just trying to be realistic.

We are a 4-9 team...why wouldnt they "pick" against us? If you were so confident that they would win and are confident that they will win every week then do something about it....go out and bet on them and get something out of your overloyal fanfare (or in other words BLIND HOMERISM) that seems apparent.

MOST Fans "Root" with their heart....and "Pick" with their heads - its really common sense when you think about it.

Not only does he pick against them but he has been trashing them like the other Czaben guy. Most of the time when the Skins win they are looking for reason to say why the other team loss. I just wanted to voice my frustrations with the Redskins broadcast. To pick against the skins is what iit is. You have no faith in you team, take off the uniform if you going to pick anohter team. It's just that simple man...I understand opinions and all that. My main point is this....

If you are going to be on a Redskins Radio broadcast I find it hard to believe you would pick against the team you work for as are supposedly a fan of. Larry Michael never picks against the Skins even if he wants to. This is my opinion, it takes a lot of guts to do that in there practice facility. This is why I stopped listening, because it pisses me off...I have no problem with being objective on SportsTalk 980 or any other pro football shows. But this is Redskins Lunch, which is an hour of talking about Redskins Football and I think picking against them is a slap in the face.

That is all...

Though I agree that picking against the Skins is acceptable, I get the overall point of this thread. There are a lot of "fans" who are more than happy to talk about how they hate everybody/everything in this organization. I know a guy who says that he's a Redskins fan, but all he does is talk smack about them. Self-hating fans are annoying and useless. They may as well wear Cowboys jersey as my mother's brother, Unkle Rukus, pointed out.

That there are people who call themselves "fans" who do nothing but trash the organization is true. No one would argue it's not.

But that's not what UnKle's point was. He was going after Bram specifically, and I'm still not sure why anyone would think Bram is supposed to always pick the Redskins to win games whether he believes they will or not. Wouldn't that be less that honest? And what would be the point?

Not only does he pick against them but he has been trashing them like the other Czaben guy. Most of the time when the Skins win they are looking for reason to say why the other team loss. I just wanted to voice my frustrations with the Redskins broadcast. To pick against the skins is what iit is. You have no faith in you team, take off the uniform if you going to pick anohter team. It's just that simple man...I understand opinions and all that. My main point is this....

If you are going to be on a Redskins Radio broadcast I find it hard to believe you would pick against the team you work for as are supposedly a fan of. Larry Michael never picks against the Skins even if he wants to. This is my opinion, it takes a lot of guts to do that in there practice facility. This is why I stopped listening, because it pisses me off...I have no problem with being objective on SportsTalk 980 or any other pro football shows. But this is Redskins Lunch, which is an hour of talking about Redskins Football and I think picking against them is a slap in the face.

That is all...

Well, props for sticking by your guns ... but I totally disagree with you on this one. I've taken issue with some things Bram has said, but all in all I think he's tried to be objective about the team. And I think you're only hearing the negative stuff he says, because he gives ups when he thinks they're justified too. But you're certainly entitled to your opinion on that.

I still fail to get the connection between hosting a Redskins show and somehow therefore being morally bound to pick them. I'd consider it more a "slap in the face" if someone picked the Skins simply because they thought that's what I wanted to hear.

Sonny does it because its a shtick he's developed over years and its kinda funny at this point. But he's the ONLY radio or TV guy I've ever seen do that. Have you seen others? And if not, why would you want Bram to?

BTW, he picked the Skins this week.

Now I'm a blind homer...You should hear some of the things he says...This guys is on fox5 and has 3 redskins radio shows. I guess his objectiveness is what keeps him a job. I just dont like fans that always have something negative to say. Never have a positive even in a win. OR the fan that negatively rides the skins the whole game and once the skins win they say why werent they doing that all year. It aggrevates the hell out of me...I am a season ticket holder and have been a Redskins fan for LIFE. and live and die redskins burgundy and gold!

You guys have a merry x-Mas...

Because somewhere out there, a man owes his bookie three large and is desperate.

A professional broadcaster owes it to that man to be honest.

By the way it's a joke that the Skins are only giving 2 this week. I don't care if the game was being played in Mark Bulger's backyard. That spread should be 6, easy.

Take the Skins and the points. Better yet, tease it with the Eagles. You'll thank me later.

That there are people who call themselves "fans" who do nothing but trash the organization is true. No one would argue it's not.

But that's not what UnKle's point was. He was going after Bram specifically, and I'm still not sure why anyone would think Bram is supposed to always pick the Redskins to win games whether he believes they will or not. Wouldn't that be less that honest? And what would be the point?

Being a fan is a miserable experience. I don't care what anyone says.

Aside from blow-out wins, I have never enjoyed watching one of my teams play. It's always an awful, soul-crushing experience.

True story: A friend of mine from college has a father who is a huge Pittsburgh Penguins fan. But the games were driving him to an early grave. So, now he records the games and only watches them after he knows that the Penguins have won. He immediately erases all the losses - which over the last few years means he has watched all of, like, ten games.

I think this man may be a genius.

If you are on a Redskins show I believe there is no reason to pick against the Skins ever. That is ridiculous, its madness you cant be a fan if you pick against the team you are working for

So if I pick against myself in a bar fight with Sean Taylor, it means I'm secretly hoping I get my ass kicked and I'm not a fan of myself, right?

brustich.jpg

Wonder what you guys would say about B-Mitch. He picked St. Louis. I actually feel kinda' like he and most others on 980 this week. Without Washington (Marcus), its hard to pick us as winners this Sunday. If that makes me a fraud in someone's mind then I guess B-Mitch is really an Iggles fan. Theismann picks against us 9 times out of 10 b/c he thinks it brings us luck and like Mark said Sonny always picks us. Other than those cats, I don't know of anyone who picks us every week.

Funny how we start dissecting things, complain about other fnas, and take everything down to it's lowest common denominator when we're losing. Merry Christmas all, and try to enjoy the next couple of weeks and the potential for a better season next year. Who cares what other fans do, pick, or bet their money on. As long as they cheer for their supposed team each week, I'd say that makes them real fans. I'd rather have my fellow Redskin friends bet against us rather than boo us any day. :cheers:

HTTR

Archived