Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aren't you guys worried?

SkinsTight

Draft day is always a crap shoot, the best overall players can show up in the 6th round as easily as the top ten. I could care less about the top ten, the goal is always to win. You don't give away wins to other teams at the end of the season, especially not to one of your rivals.

are you just worried about not acquiring Gaines Adams? If you are worried about such a thing I'd feel pretty upset about that. That's just me. If our d-line steps up and proves that THEY can do it as they are then be happy about that. We'll have a first rounder and there are plenty of defensive playmakers at more than just one position to look at. I'd rather our team fight their hearts out and win these last few games than lay down and lose. If they just let it go and lost every game and didn't try, I would lose all respect for all the players and contemplate ever rooting for the team I love with my heart again.

With each win, our chance of dropping out of the top 10 picks increases. There were moments I was hoping we would not win the game. What are your thoughts?

Why we dont use them anyway!.....;)

Seriously, I cant imagine thinking that way. I want them to win. Period. Where they end up is where they end up. Vinney will screw up the pick anyway. ;) Just win....just win...:logo:

My thought is you should shut up and go away.

Those are MEN out there. Men with pride who will lay down for NO ONE. Have you ever played a competitive sport in your life? I doubt it based on that post. Draft picks will fall where they fall. We'll worry about that another day. Will it be number 10 or number 12? really, who cares?

As long as there is a football game on, these guys will go out there and try to win it. And God love them for it.

"My thoughts?

People who post black on black are seeking attention instead of actually soliciting football discussion.

Blondie"

My apology, I made the correction right away but in any case. sorry if I got people ticked for this post but I am sure I am not the only one that though about it. I guess this makes me a lousy fan.

No, hoping your team loses is what makes you a lousy fan.

With each win, our chance of dropping out of the top 10 picks increases. There were moments I was hoping we would not win the game. What are your thoughts?

The goal is always to win. We don't throw games for draft picks and we certainly don't hope the 'Skins lose. There are plenty of times that losing would be very beneficial to us as a team, but there is no glory in a loss, and to try an console oneself after a loss in the fact that it upped our draft position well, that's just kinda sad. Not only that but we are notoriously crazy on draft day, so top 10 or not it probably won't matter.

We trade 1st round draft picks with denver anyways, so it doesn't really matter about draft position.

For the hundreth time Denver will not have our first rounder. They were protecting themselves to make sure they got a high 3rd rounder, and w/ our record they will get just that. It looks as if we dropped 1 draft spot to 7th after the win. Luckily GB, SF and Stl all won, only Cle jumped us.

Wow, there sure are a lot of nice people here...:doh:

It's a fair question. Maybe the wording shouldn't have been so bold. "Aren't you guy's worried?..." in dealing with draft picks is funny though. We've suffered through one of the worst disappointments this year that I can remember, so any bright spot is certainly better than being concerned about picks IMO. Sorry everyone is so mean 'round here lately. Crucify the guy why don't ya? :doh: Merry Christmas

I'll admit it-of course it's something I thought about.

I just don't think we "as a whole" are as bad as either the Lions or the Raiders, where you completely need to blow up the team and start over. This is the situation where you should be concerned about getting the top pick. In our case we need a monster pass rushing DE/linebacker/ or shutdown corner, and we'll still get all three of those at pick 12 as we would pick 5.

So I'm more than happy to get a win over the NFL's most explosive offense.

Archived