Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No More Negativity (long)

Passizle

PLEASE READ THIS!!! Before reading, please know that though I am lumping us fans into one catagory, this rant does not pertain to all of you. I am not trying to insult anyone. I am just venting to my fellow Skins. And boy do I need to vent! Please read on...

You know it pains me to see all of the finger pointing that goes on around here. "It Gibbs fault!" "Fire Saunders!" "Its the defense thats the problem! "We need a complete overhaul of the offense!" "Lloyd sucks!" "AA is such a bust!" "Get Boonell out of there!" "This bad season is all Vinny Cerato's fault!" "Dan Snyder, sell the team!" You all make me sick and ashamed to be known as a fellow fan, reading all this crap! I dont even frequent the board as much becasue of all the negativity around here. That stuff in contagious!

I will be the first to admit that I am extremely dissapointed with this season. We all had playoff and SB hopes in May. But we as fans dont help the situation or eachother by being in as much dissagreement and dissarray as our beloved Skins. I think its all a bunch of BS and needs to stop.

1. Gibbs came back and in two years got us to the playoffs. The freakin Playoffs! When was the last time? 98? 99? I did not hear any of you complaining then. We were at such a high last year at this time. You have to love Gibbs. I dont care who you are.

2. Cerrato was here last year. Why was he good then, but sucks now? He manged to bring some good players to this team. He also fully disclosed soem information about his role in 2005. BEOFRE OUR GREAT SEASON STARTED! Check it out. http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/...ad.php?t=114278

3. At the beginning of the season and before, many media outlets were bashing Snyder for trying to be George M. Steinbrenner and many of you were defending Snyder saying how he loves this team as much as us and he is willing to spend whatever it takes to make us champions. So the money was no big deal. Especially when we get to the big show! Now you all call him out and say he is a dumbass for spending so much and giving away draft picks. Talk about two faced!

4. You all called GW a defensive genious for the past two seasons, even when we let players like Arrington (money), Pierce (money), Smoot (money), Bailey(great trade) and Clarke(Ill admint this was dumb. But hindsight is always 20/20) go. Now GW is arrogant and needs to leave? What pains me even more is the fact that you same fans praise these players until they leave for whatever reason, then you are all like "**** them. They were trouble makers anyway.

5. Our offense is better this year. We are scoring more points per game than last year. We have more dymanic plays. There are some spots to iron out, but if you know anything about football, you were kidding yourself if you thought that we were going to win the SB this year with a new OC, new system and new players. It takes time to gel and get to know eachother. Thats why it called building team chemistry. We dont need ANOTHER overhaul.

6. The main problem with the defense has been our secondary. That is explained to great extense here: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2672668 Although I do not agree with all of it, some of it is spot on and makes complete sense when you see the defense play week in and week out. Please read the article if you are not familiar with it before you go on. It totally explains the reasons our secondary has been burned so much this year. They are like a well oiled machine. If you remove one gear, the whole thing does not work right. It explains the sporadic play. They are a broken engine that needs some TLC.

7. All in all, its everyone together that has been holding this team back. Gibbs is 100% without a doubt right about everyone being in this together. Including us... the fans. We cant go out there and boo our own team ever! We should not come on here and bash our players. You dont think they read this stuff? Im sure some of them do. Everyone had made their mistakes.

So all in all...Take heart fellow fans. Things will get better. I cant imagine being a fan of any other team. I cant imagine our Skins... with the coaching they have, the talented players they have and the fans they have losing out or doing this bad again next year. Think about all of your fellow fans that are in the stands... that are at home having good times with friends while watching our skins play each and every Sunday... the poor fans like me who are displaced and have to watch most games at the bar or through the crappy, albeit a means to an end, sopcast. We are in the trenches too! Never stop believing. Never stop hoping. HTTR is not a motto, its a way of life!

What I don't get are the Gibbs bashers. That ticks me off more than anything.

He doesn't make any of the football decisions right? If we win it's all his doing. If we lose it's someone else's fault.

He has no say in the players we bring in, the amount of compensation in draft picks and salary cap space we pay out or who plays during the game.

He also doesn't make the decision to kick on 4th and 2 at midfield trailing late in the game or when not to go for it numerous other times.

What I don't get are the Gibbs bashers. That ticks me off more than anything.

What I don't get are the people that wanna praise him when things go well and want to either give him a pass or say he had nothing to do with it when things go bad.

Gibbs isn't beyond bashing. He's earned alot of it. Whatever he did in the 1980s shouldn't even enter into your mind.

This is 2006, it has absolutely nothing to do with the 1980s.

Until having 3 Super Bowl trophies gives us some points to start the game I don't want to hear about it.

You Gibbs can do no wrong people are the most ridiculous homers on the face of the planet.

5. Our offense is better this year. We are scoring more points per game than last year. We have more dymanic plays. There are some spots to iron out, but if you know anything about football, you were kidding yourself if you thought that we were going to win the SB this year with a new OC, new system and new players. It takes time to gel and get to know eachother. Thats why it called building team chemistry. We dont need ANOTHER overhaul.

2005 Redskins through 12 games = 241 points

2006 Redskins through 12 games = 213 points

Try again grasshopper.

There are some spots to iron out, but if you know anything about football, you were kidding yourself if you thought that we were going to win the SB this year with a new OC, new system and new players.

Tell that to Brunell and the coaches. Why trade Duckett for a 3rd round pick if you think this is an adjusting year? It makes no sense.

By the way, did you know the Saints have a new HC, new OC, new QB, and at least 2 rookies that are important to their O? They might not go to the SB, but at least their O is playing really well.

I actually agree w/ most of what you say, but this 'learning the offense' thing is a poor excuse.

When our team plays terrible we should join together and sing kumbya? As fans, the people who pay their paychecks, we have a right to be angry at losing. If we were playing good football and getting beat by better teams it would be easier to swallow, we're not. We're getting beat by bad football teams and the Cowboys are winning. That hurts like a biatch. So we have a right to be negative.

I love Gibbs and remember Gibbs I like it was yesterday. He however, shouldn't get a free pass just because he won 15 years ago. You can make excuses all you want but the bottom line is he's the head coach. If his house is cluttered then he needs to clean it. Even if you don't agree with the way the information was leaked for the ESPN article you have to admit that it raises some serious questions. If any of it's true then Gibbs carries the burden for allowing it to go on.

People are pissed. Plain and simple. Nobody's happy with 4-8 and what most likely will be 6-10. Nobody. The season has been a huge downer across the board.

All passionate fans are going to want to rip into what they believe is the problem (guilty as charged). This board provides that outlet. If the team is winning, then there is nothing wrong and nothing to fix. When the team is losing, every idiot with an opinion is going to want to fire/cut the problem. The issue, I think, is that some of them just have no idea what they are talking about. There's nothing more dangerous in this world than an uninformed opinion.

Now, most of the Doom & Gloomers are completely nuts. You know who I'm talking about.... The poster that starts a thread on Monday about how the problem is that The Redskins have no continuity from year. Then, on Wednesday starts a thread calling for the firing of half the team. I certainly believe that these are the people this thread was made for.

The best thing you can do........ be informed, read as much as possible, separate the truth from rest of it, make informed opinions, and root like hell for the Burgundy & Gold. :point2sky :eaglesuck :point2sky

As far as the team is concerned, 3 things.

#1 Develop the potential (offense).

#2 Fix the squeaky wheel (defense)

#3 Maintain as much continuity as possible as long as you are taking care of #1 & #2

I really think people had too high expectations for the SKins this year. Therefore, people were getting too boosted over us. It's obvious that the team chemistry isn't what it was last year. They had to learn (or still is learning) that 700-page playbook. I think come next year if we keep most of the people we should be alright. A team that stays together and plays together can win Superbowls together.

Just sit back, relax and take a chill pill. Continue to root for the team, but forreal we know come Dec. 30 the Redskins season is done until August. Holla!

Tell that to Brunell and the coaches. Why trade Duckett for a 3rd round pick if you think this is an adjusting year? It makes no sense.

By the way, did you know the Saints have a new HC, new OC, new QB, and at least 2 rookies that are important to their O? They might not go to the SB, but at least their O is playing really well.

I actually agree w/ most of what you say, but this 'learning the offense' thing is a poor excuse.

The Saints have also played one of the if not THE easiest schedule in the NFL. They have had a cakewalk this season.

The Saints have also played one of the if not THE easiest schedule in the NFL. They have had a cakewalk this season.

The way we've been playing we'd lose just as much playing their schedule. We can't even beat the crappy teams on ours.

The way we've been playing we'd lose just as much playing their schedule. We can't even beat the crappy teams on ours.

You have me there. At least we took care of the Texans. That made this season a little easier to swallow. But only just a little...:laugh:

You have me there. At least we took care of the Texans. That made this season a little easier to swallow. But only just a little...:laugh:

Amen to that. Honestly when I watch the game the thing that strikes me the most is the lack of heart the team seems to be playing with. I just don't see inspired football out there. They appear to be just going through the motions and not finishing. Why? I really can't put a finger on it but JG needs to put his finger, fist, arm and boot in somebodies ass to get this team headed in the right direction.

What I don't get are the people that wanna praise him when things go well and want to either give him a pass or say he had nothing to do with it when things go bad.

Gibbs isn't beyond bashing. He's earned alot of it. Whatever he did in the 1980s shouldn't even enter into your mind.

This is 2006, it has absolutely nothing to do with the 1980s.

Until having 3 Super Bowl trophies gives us some points to start the game I don't want to hear about it.

You Gibbs can do no wrong people are the most ridiculous homers on the face of the planet.

Bingo we are not bashing Gibbs we are bashing the Presdent and Coach, look if this was any other coach they would be fired after this season.

I do think Gibbs can fix it, but he his subject to the criticism, heck even he has said that and not proud of the job he has done this year.

I for one was saying the same thing while winning that I'm saying while losing. I've always felt Williams was arrogant. I've always said it even when the defense was good. I don't get caught up in the wins like some do. Some people disregard issues when their team is winning like the problem isn't still there.

I''ve never approved of the Skins method of doing things from an administrative stand point. When you do business the way the Skins do, you can't come back with these results. PERIOD! Hell just making the playoffs is unacceptable to me when you pay the money the Skins are paying to coaches and players. Plus throwing away draft picks is ridiculous. Its straight blatant over compensation for F results.

Please, they are 8-4, they have the #1 offense in yardage and 5th in points in the league, their QB is possibly going to break Marino's record for yards, and Deuce is likely going to go over 1,000 yards. We're 18th in yardage and 23rd in points. We lost to TB and Atlanta (in their division), and they beat them both twice. Differences in the schedule do not explain those differences. Their offense is better than ours, and they had more changes than us.

Im kind of new to ES and I certainly don't want to make enemies here since like all of you I bleed this team. I am sick right now. I am actually looking at myself and saying "You care too much about this football team." Like, I live outside of philly and i am sick this week. That being said, I don't understand the idea that a fan can't be upset with the organization? I wholeheartedly agree with a whole lot of this post particularly the idea that Gibbs should not go if he really doesn't want to leave. If he thinks he can fix it, then damn it 82, 87, and 91 has earned that from me and the rest of us skins fans. Turning on Joe Jackson Gibbs is just something I will never do. He has so much character that he would step down if he really believed he couldn't cut it or the game has "passed him by". He won't hold on and hurt his players, team, owner, fans, his own legacy etc etc etc out of ego. This man is character from the top of his head to the tip of his toes. Gibbs decides when Gibbs leaves as far as Im concerned. But. . .

I have read alot of the "negative" threads and those FANS are right. Philip Daniles is tied for lead in both sacks and interceptions!! Ladell betts is first in rush yardage and second in reception yardage on a team with Brandon Lloyd, Antwaan Randle El, Santana Moss and Chris Cooley! Our kicker was bagging groceries 3 weeks ago and kicking in his parents backyard. Our tackles have aged ten years this offseason. Our entire team is deconditioned (look at the hamstring problems!!), We have absolutely no identity. We don't smashmouth, downhill run on people consistently. Sometimes we are slip screen finesse team. Sometimes we run stretch runs, occassionally (yet very effectively) we run guts and powers. We throw down the field with absolutely no confidence that one of our people is going to catch it. We for the first half of the season were so undisciplined that we got penalized for more yards that we rushed. Our 33 million dollar safety is a special teams liability at this point. We traded away significant and desperately needed draft picks for Duckett, who doesn't play!!! The people we let go include Antonio Pierce, Champ Bailey, and Fred Smoot. Andre Carter is not being considered a MEGA bust only because Archuleta is on the same team!! Brandon Lloyd is doing worse than Taylor Jacobs only Jacobs kept his mouth shut and just played. Randle el has been useless as a reciever and is the prettiest three yard punt return in the business. He gets an obligatory and incredibly anticipated reverse every game that gets 3 yads setting up third and long. Oh, yea I almost forgot, our team is anonymously telling the media that the coaches have totally lost the team. I think you can love the Redskins. You can be a faithful fan who would never root for anyone ever but the Redskins against anyone in any situation and own all of their merchandise, spend money on their stuff, buy tickets to their games, drive to see them get beat up and absolutely love them!! . . . .and still say they are horrific right now and things must get addressed as quickly as possible. Gibbs doesn't have to go but there must be CHANGES. Coaches, players. I like chemistry as much as the next guy and I dont want to change what doesn't have to change but we have serious issues at:

1) both offensive tackles

2) Offensive Coordinator/headcoach sharing of responsibility

3) the entire Defensive line

4) two of the linebacker positions and address fact that Rocky can't find the field in a 4-8 year behind holdman and marshall

5) Does Greg Williams need professional therapy

6) how many different assistant head coaches of cornerbacks do we need? I mean we are making up titles and they don't even talk to each other

7) corners!!! Bad

8) One safety (nope, not vernon fox)

9) KICKER - for God's sake.

10) Quarterback - if only getting JC better - but this has to stabilize and the kid needs work.

11) Scouting department overhauled.

12) Conditioning program and off season/training camp revamped with some calisthenics maybe!! Maybe even putting on the pads a couple times to check out how they fit!!

I could go on forever I am so annoyed!! BUT I LOVE THEM. I support them. I won't ever stop watching, I won't ever stop making my children skins fans. I won't ever stop buying their stuff. I won't ever stop screaming at the games. I will do whatever 1 fan can do to help. I will. But part of that is voicing my displeasure to this organization because it is letting very intelligent, very passionate, very loyal fans down and they are angry and rightfully so. This is a real mess. This is beyond bad. This is illness throughout the organization. It is poisonous. This doesn't develop overnight folks. This is neglect. I can't believe I am saying that with Joe at the helm but this was neglect. These mistakes are just too big and too many. I hurt for the fans and I hurt with them. I understand their anger and bitter dissappointment. And I understand why they believe they deserve answers. And none of it has to do with them not being fans. They. . ahem . . . WE are fans. And we want change.

Archived