Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Depressing

Waleo32

Cowgirls are first in the division, and playing inspired football. The Ravens look like they might do some damage in the playoffs, and the Redskins are 4 and 8, yes that is right 4 and mother*&^%$ 8. Coach Gibbs did say this week that he plans to come back next season, and I think that is a wise decision. Why, because Joey can’t go out like this. Gibbs represents the core of what being a Redskin is all about, and watching him being out-performed by that fat, Bobby knight wanna-be, city/team back stabber (B. Parcells) is excruciating.

Lloyd has been spanked by Gibbs because supposedly he is acting out. In the twelve games thus far, Lloyd has 20 passes for 295 yards, he should be pissed off. However, there is a difference between being disappointed in one’s performance and complaining like a b&^%*. I personally think Lloyd is a gamer, and can have a bright future. We will see though.

Campbell, played an overall bad game, he was inaccurate and made the poor decision that led to the first interception. The second pick was due to poor blocking. It appears that the O-line has figured out half of Redskin Football, that is the run blocking. But the other half is still iffy, they must be able to pick up the Blitzer and give Campbell enough time to burn the defense with his arm. We don’t Campbell to start getting hit to a point that he becomes gun shy. Also, another thing that worries me about Campbell is that his release appears to be too slow, and might make him prone to being read by D-backs easier than the elite quarterbacks.

Overall, it has been a stinking a*& season. This week we play the Eagles at home. They are 6-6 and in the hunt for the playoffs. Beating them and ruining their season will bring delight, so the O, D, and Teams must bring it. Anytime your season has come down to beating teams to spoil their chances of making the playoffs instead of helping your team reach the next round is an indication of a failed season.

You can check blogs like this at www.demskins.com

Or http://blog.myspace.com/demskinz

I can go even further. Sunday at FedEx Field very well could look like a Philadelphia Eagles fans' convention. "Fly Eagles Fly" will be stuck in our heads the entire following week. And on top of it all, the Cowboys probably will win the Super Bowl. Yeah, I'd say that's depressing.

I can go even further. Sunday at FedEx Field very well could look like a Philadelphia Eagles fans' convention. "Fly Eagles Fly" will be stuck in our heads the entire following week. And on top of it all, the Cowboys probably will win the Super Bowl. Yeah, I'd say that's depressing.

I pray that doesn't happen! The fans will come to see Campbell I hope!

Ugh, that will be like salt in the wound.

The big shocker (and moment of depression) for me was losing the Atlanta game. I think that game is more telling of where this team is then anything. Atlanta stinks. To be up 14-0 and then just lay down like that, when there is a legitamite opportunity to make the playoffs, tells me that this team has checked out. With a rookie QB to play for -- who had played quite capably to date, and a shot at the playoffs there was no reason to quit like they did. Gibbs made a lot of poor decisions this year, and it's going to take a few offseasons to correct them. Of course, we have been saying this for the past 15 years and nothing ever seems to get corrected with this organization... :(

Whoa whoa Stwasm slow down maaaaaaan . Do not crown the Cowpukes champions just yet remember they haven't won a playoff game in 10 years and also the Bears, Seahawks, Saints might have a little to say about that.

What's depressing is that our HOF coach is in over his head and no one wants to admit it. Once he retires and the Skins get a fresh command and control person ... the team will shine.

That's what we were saying when Coach Gibbs returned. Yikes!

Whoa whoa Stwasm slow down maaaaaaan . Do not crown the Cowpukes champions just yet remember they haven't won a playoff game in 10 years and also the Bears, Seahawks, Saints might have a little to say about that.

Ray-Ray, no one is playing football as well as the Cowboys right now. Rex Grossman eventually will cost the Bears a big game. The Seahawks are inconsistent. The Saints, God bless them on their run, haven't exactly proven they belong in the same breath with the big boys. As much as I hate to say it, the Cowboys represent the proverbial "team no one wants to face in the playoffs" and before all is said and done, could walk off with their sixth Super Bowl title. That change at quarterback has given them the kick start they so desperately needed. Wish we could get a kick start.

That's what we were saying when Coach Gibbs returned. Yikes!

Ray-Ray, no one is playing football as well as the Cowboys right now. Rex Grossman eventually will cost the Bears a big game. The Seahawks are inconsistent. The Saints, God bless them on their run, haven't exactly proven they belong in the same breath with the big boys. As much as I hate to say it, the Cowboys represent the proverbial "team no one wants to face in the playoffs" and before all is said and done, could walk off with their sixth Super Bowl title. That change at quarterback has given them the kick start they so desperately needed. Wish we could get a kick start.

Like I have said earlier man, even if Gibbs put JC in there earlier .. I still do not know how much of an difference it would have made simply because other parts of the team isn't very good as well especially the defense.

There is no way they should have lost that game against the Falcons to give up 24 unanswered points to a team that was averaging around 13 points during their losing streak is just pathetic.

What's depressing is that our HOF coach is in over his head and no one wants to admit it. Once he retires and the Skins get a fresh command and control person ... the team will shine.

:2cents: This is a very good statement and I think right on the money.

Read Michael Wilbon's article in the Washington Post, about "Coaches need to....coach!"

We need a GM badly, just to protect the future.

Joe Gibbs is the HOF:notworthy that can control things, so we don't need to bog him down with trying to pick players. The problem is finding someone (Dan Snyder) that will make the change.

Hail! :eaglesuck

Last year the Ravens were horrid and the Cowboys were below us and we made the playoffs.....this year the opposite. Big deal, it happens.

Im numb now to the losing....we arent a good team...I dont have any expectations from week to week.

I watch the games and if we lose I dont even get angered or frustrating or vent. Im vented out. Its up to the managment/coaches to learn from this debacle. Hopefully they will...and adjust accordingly from top to bottom.

If we win another game, I will still be excited...it will still make my day.

BUT, it wont be the same...knowing the season is done regardless. The win is a small, small consolation prize for us fans who want a Championship.

This whole season will sink in, regardless of if we're 8-8 or 4-12, come week 1 of the playoffs. Thats when I will feel dumpy about things...it will hit me when our team is no longer playing on Sundays.

Until then, I try not to think about the misery that its brought to me :)

why do you doubt the cowboys? is it homerism?

First of all what teams board is this? :)

2nd of all, if the Cowboys can lose to the CRAPPY REDSKINS then they can lose to anyone...especially on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3rd of all...I think most people feel (or atleast me) that there are other teams in the NFC that were very close last year that made the playoffs that will make a run and possibly home field advantage that will make it.

Or you have the Colts, Chargers, Patriots or Ravens winning it.

After the initial excitement of finally seeing Jason Campbell play has started to fade, on gameday I realize that it's just not the same without Clinton Portis suiting up and taking the field. Seeing him on the sideline is depressing, to see the man who carried us on his back to the playoffs, who put Shelton Quarles "to sleep" in Tampa...and this year -

We are talking about the discontent and the tension on our team - a healthy Portis changes all that in a damn hurry. He is our swagger and the glue of this football team.

Even last year, during our shameful losing streak that included home losses to the Raiders and Chargers, there was a reason to look up: Clinton Portis gives our team the best chance to win every Sunday and when he's rolling, he can't be stopped, and that confidence that he has, is contagious, it's infectious, and right now, this year, it's been absent.

The lack of Portis has me depressed.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I don't believe it really matters who wins the NFC, because the AFC champ will take home the Lombardi trophy this season. If, and that is a big if, the Cowboys make it to the big show, that will make much sweeter, watching them lose the big game and knowing that recent history is not on their side for having the chance to even make the playoffs next year.

Archived