Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank you Tom Friend....!!!!

Uno Boss

Your article was the turning point of our season...even if we dont run the table we will atleast go 8-8 and fight with pride....

Some questioned the article...But wether it was true or false it struck a nerve and it worked.

GW did some things different last week even though he didnt publicly admit it...

1.He switched Marcus Washingtin Back and forth to keep them from picking on Holdman all game...

2. Instead of playing sides.....He let his corners play man to man and follow their guy wherever he went. Less cover two.

3.He let his D lineman rush up the field almost the entire game instead of having them drop off as much as in weeks and past...and I didnt see them doing a bunch of stunts last week. but maybe i missed them...

4. The safeties played back the entire game and kept every play in front of them intead of being too aggresive with the run. As they did earlier this year.

Though he said in his presser after the game that he did nothing different...

If you know what to look for you can clearly see that those changes are why they played so well..

The funny thing is almost everything criticized in the Tom Friend article was altered last week. but he didnt say that because it would make the article look valid.:laugh::laugh:

Hopefully they stick with it...:cheers::cheers:

Thanks for lighting the Fire under this team....:applause:

Your article was the turning point of our season...even if we dont run the table we will atleast go 8-8 and fight with pride....

Some questioned the article...But wether it was true or false it struck a nerve and it worked.

GW did some things different last week even though he didnt publicly admit it...

1.He switched Marcus Washingtin Back and forth to keep them from picking on Holdman all game...

2. Instead of playing sides.....He let his corners play man to man and follow their guy wherever he went. Less cover two.

3.He let his D lineman rush up the field almost the entire game instead of having them drop off as much as in weeks and past...and I didnt see them doing a bunch of stunts last week. but maybe i missed them...

4. The safeties played back the entire game and kept every play in front of them intead of being too aggresive with the run. As they did earlier this year.

Though he said in his presser after the game that he did nothing different...

If you know what to look for you can clearly see that those changes are why they played so well..

The funny thing is almost everything criticized in the Tom Friend article was altered last week. but he didnt say that because it would make the article look valid.:laugh::laugh:

Hopefully they stick with it...:cheers::cheers:

Thanks for lighting the Fire under this team....:applause:

I LOVE your enthusiasm, but let's not call it a "season saved" based on one game. We have a tough team in the Falcons tomorrow and they plan on bringing it.

as mentioned before the gameplan was set before the article. As far as GW saying he didn't do anything different, maybe he didn't do much different...maybe the players have finally stepped up and gotten their head in the game and haven't blown coverages, miss tackles etc...

First of all, how would you know if the gameplan was set before the article?

Secondly, how can you say that not alot was different? Let's see, the safeties played back, the corners were in man to man, Washington was moving around between WLB and SLB, the D-line was playing more straight up. Hmmm, seems like every unit on the defense was playing with different tactics, which just coincidentally were criticisms brought up in the ESPN article. Hmmmm.......

Secondly, how can you say that not alot was different? Let's see, the safeties played back, the corners were in man to man, Washington was moving around between WLB and SLB, the D-line was playing more straight up. Hmmm, seems like every unit on the defense was playing with different tactics, which just coincidentally were criticisms brought up in the ESPN article. Hmmmm.......

Logic is that you?

:laugh::laugh::applause:

I would certainly agree with you that things looked different last week against Carolina.

HOWEVER...I would also agree with the assumption that the gameplan for the Panthers was already set and practiced prior to the release of that article (Friday). That is unless they called everybody back in on Saturday morning after reading what Friend had to say and instituted an entirely different look for the week.

Hey, if nothing else, maybe it fired us up a little (combined with the *** chewing administered by Gibbs). If it served to do that, hell, I'll write one up that they can toss on the front page of the Post for tomorrow morning! :D

Since the article came out on a Friday, I'd assume that whatever changes took place had already been implimented in that week's gameplan well in advance of Tom Friend...so I'd question giving him the credit for the changes...

especially since the Article came out on Thursday

let's not give this hack any credit

especially since the Article came out on Thursday

let's not give this hack any credit

If you got it on Thursday when do you think it was done?

Come on

You gotta know that the team was aware of this before the general public...This wasnt a news report it was an article.

Just like reporters have sources teams have lookouts as well...

I'm not sure I'd be taking much pleasure in thinking that a sports reporter's article alone would cause a major change in the Redskins' game planning, or even be a major reason for them doing so...wouldn't speak very well of the coaches if that were true. Sounds like something Spurrier would do, redesign his scheme based on one ESPN article.

If anything, I'd say the Friend article may have given us fans some insight into the how and why the defense seemed to slip so far down in just one season...but I highly doubt it caused Williams to scrap almost a week's worth of practicing his gameplan, nonetheless cause Gibbs to force him to do so. That would mean Gibbs had no clue about any of these things, which would mean he absolutely sucks as head coach if he needs to learn about the defensive scheme troubles and separate meetings on his own team by reading the newspaper.

Have faith, I think the Falcons are imploding....as long as they can contain Vick we'll beat this team.

Keep in mind that Vick is a better road quarterback because there's less pressure on him as the Atlanta fans are starting to turn on him. We can't take them too lightly.

Nice sig, by the way.

If you got it on Thursday when do you think it was done?

Come on

You gotta know that the team was aware of this before the general public...This wasnt a news report it was an article.

Just like reporters have sources teams have lookouts as well...

I'll guarantee the Redskins knew about the article by early in the week. They surely called the Redskins and asked them to comment.

I still really do not understand the venom towards Friend. He is just doing his job.

True, the game plan can be changed in a minute, especially on defense. Haven't you'll heard of halftime adjustments?

I still really do not understand the venom towards Friend. He is just doing his job.

Because there are drones out there who do nothing but tow the company line. "No problems with our coaches, nothing to see here" :rolleyes:

Tom Friend is not only doing his job, he's excellent at it and a life long Redskin fan to boot.

I continue to congratulate him on the story and as one long time Redskin fan to another, I thank him.

I would certainly agree with you that things looked different last week against Carolina.

HOWEVER...I would also agree with the assumption that the gameplan for the Panthers was already set and practiced prior to the release of that article (Friday). That is unless they called everybody back in on Saturday morning after reading what Friend had to say and instituted an entirely different look for the week.

Hey, if nothing else, maybe it fired us up a little (combined with the *** chewing administered by Gibbs). If it served to do that, hell, I'll write one up that they can toss on the front page of the Post for tomorrow morning! :D

I dont think the defensive or offensive game plans are that hard to change. You just call different plays. Its not like playing man corner is something new they need to teach. Im also sure a straight rush is a play they all know also.

Some of make it sound like they had to teach a new defence. The problem was cover 2 being called in obvious run downs. The fix was just to call a different scheme that they all knew. That not only can be done after Friday but it can get done play by play.

Archived