Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colin Cowherd just called out the Skins

44Dieselfan

Alrighty, here is what Cowherd said.

He simply stated the Falcons were +1 1/2 at the Skins and that he takes the Falcons to win outright. He asked bookies to call in and substatiate it and the actual bookies that called in told him and everyone listening not to touch that game.

I would have to agree with him to a certain degree. I am a Skins homer, but I think all of us around here are buying too much stock in 1 game. Yes, our D woke up against the Panthers, but when was the last time they played like that, LAST YEAR!!! Our Offense is still not that good without a healthy Portis and Jason Campbell is still pretty much an unknown.

Atlanta I agree has all of the making of a team about to implode. They are also a desperate team. They are pretty much a team not unlike the Redskins, desperate and primed to implode.

This game is too close to call, but if I had to bet it I would take the Falcons getting the points.

From a betting man.....

Lines have NOTHING to do with who experts think will win. They are based only on who people are betting.

This is why Cowboys are never underdogs by much, there are always a ton of people to bet on cowboys. The house makes money when 50% bet on 1 team, and 50% bet on the other. Vegas is not in the business of betting their money on a team, they are in the business of making money, no matter who wins.

"Insider" information doesn't make a line move. Public perception makes the line move. The more people bet on one team, the more the line will move.

We can't win this game if the skins are betting on the vick's beating themselves. We have to go out there with our A game and if our players and D play like they want it more our best redskins can beat the best falcons, but its going to be a hard fought out game.

Alrighty, here is what Cowherd said.

He simply stated the Falcons were +1 1/2 at the Skins and that he takes the Falcons to win outright. He asked bookies to call in and substatiate it and the actual bookies that called in told him and everyone listening not to touch that game.

I would have to agree with him to a certain degree. I am a Skins homer, but I think all of us around here are buying too much stock in 1 game. Yes, our D woke up against the Panthers, but when was the last time they played like that, LAST YEAR!!! Our Offense is still not that good without a healthy Portis and Jason Campbell is still pretty much an unknown.

Atlanta I agree has all of the making of a team about to implode. They are also a desperate team. They are pretty much a team not unlike the Redskins, desperate and primed to implode.

This game is too close to call, but if I had to bet it I would take the Falcons getting the points.

The problem with your analysis is that the Falcons have been just as bad as we have, for most of the season.

Why would anyone expect this to be the game they play better? Last week, they were at home against a division rival and they were putrid. Why would a road game against a non-division opponent bring the best out in them?

I honestly feel the Skins has found their gameplan. I believe the defense is now showing the game we knew they had in them. As for our offense, I believe that Jason Campbell has brought an entirely new dimension to the offensive game plan.

One that says, even we don't succeed early on, we have a man behind center that will bring different things, not just the same old screen right, screen left, run scenario that we were playing up to game 10.

We will beat the Falcons, and convincingly. The bird incident in Atlanta, shows the frustration of a quarterback who just hasn't lived up to the hype. I think Vick may be done with Atlanta, mentally that is, and expect to see him play average at best.

I feel the Skins will win by 10 points or more, optimistic, sure am, especially after beating the division leading Panthers.

I believe the Skins team we see this Sunday improves over what we saw last Sunday, and the improvement will continue through the end of the season.

You see, what we are witnessing is the team Joe Gibbs has slowly built, but missing the one key aspect, and that is Clinton Portis of course.

I do believe we have an excellent back up in Betts, and a bruising back in Duckett. So we will still see the Gibbs embodiment of a great team. Whether or not this team gets into the playoffs, you are witnessing the development ot the team that will win it's division next year, and get home field advantage throughout. Laugh if you want, but I will have the last laugh after game 16 next season.

This Cowturd guy has to be the biggest idiot ever allowed to broadcast on radio. I have caught his annoying voice on espn radio a few times and he has never lasted more than a few seconds. You can hear the desperation in his voice when he spews his views...this guy is hanging by a thread and soon to be a "never was"............

our fans must greet Vick with a loud boooooo and insults about his lack of character and professionalism. Get inside his already weakened head. Signs that question his level of class and decency, a few reminders of his fingers and their actions, should disturb him. Remember he broke a leg once. It is a weak spot.

Has anyone discussed with Cornelius Griffin the possibilities of inadvertantly falling on it after a play while clutching his own knee to excuse the 'fall'? Even if he gets 15 yards, it will be worth the photos. Wonder if Vick will use the finger again if that happens? I wonder if he uses the finger on his mom too. I can hear it now, "Michael do your homework now, put away the playstation!" He pops around the corner with a huge finger for her......I bet she would like to hit that boy over the head with a pan sometimes.....

The problem with your analysis is that the Falcons have been just as bad as we have, for most of the season.

Why would anyone expect this to be the game they play better? Last week, they were at home against a division rival and they were putrid. Why would a road game against a non-division opponent bring the best out in them?

What is there record? 5-6 right? they are only one game better than we are so I would agree that they are in no better or worse position than the skins. We are both inconsistent teams so it all depends on which team(s) show up on Sunday.

I honestly feel the Skins has found their gameplan. I believe the defense is now showing the game we knew they had in them. As for our offense, I believe that Jason Campbell has brought an entirely new dimension to the offensive game plan.

I undrestand the excitement but I must restrain until I can see us win and win consistently on both sides of the ball. We have not done that at all this year.

I sure hope we have found some traction and hopefully we can prove to noneother than ourselves that we can play a lot better than our record suggests.

Defense needs to stay in their lanes, wrap up and contain Vick and Dunn (don't sleep on Warrick).

I would still like to see our o-line step it up one more notch at the line of scrimmage. I think they are much better than they are playing regardless of last week (especially at the goal line).

the only thing ringing true about any of this is the persistent warning to not bet on this game.

why? just way too many variables playing in all at once. first, the falcons are due for a good game, and have their backs to the wall...we should expect a rallying effort from them.

second, it's outdoors and in the cold, so that hurts the falcons and favors the skins.

third, vick is dangerous and the skins, in spite of last week, are still near dead last in overall defense. favors the falcons.

fourth, gibbs is near unbeatable in december...discussed in earlier thread. favors the skins.

fifith, injuries. skins have Campbell who, in spite of the last two weeks, is still very inexperienced and is bound to have a sucky game with 3+ ints sometime soon. also, no Portis and Moss < 100%. favors the falcons.

sixth, homefield, lest we forget, favors the skins. not to mention most of the negative press about Vick's gesture is good at creating distraction. favors skins. however, the tom friend article creates about an equal amount of distraction, so call it a draw.

those are the intangibles. take in the tangibles, and you've got two relatively even faced opponents, maybe a slight edge to the falcons given their record...which is also neutralized with Duckett, who will be motivated to play against them, and may have insights about their offense..........of course, will the skins play him much???

see why this game earns the "don't touch with a 20ft pole" award for the week?

the only thing conclusive is Cowturd is one dumb mutha you-know-what if he really thinks this game is any sort of lock. more than likely he is looking for ratings. if you check with most "experts", i doubt any of them will include this matchup with their "locks of the week".

who'll win?

who knows.

just put on your skins gear and root for the JC kid...and maybe, just maybe, things will turn our way.

HTTR!

our fans must greet Vick with a loud boooooo and insults about his lack of character and professionalism. Get inside his already weakened head. Signs that question his level of class and decency, a few reminders of his fingers and their actions, should disturb him. Remember he broke a leg once. It is a weak spot.

Has anyone discussed with Cornelius Griffin the possibilities of inadvertantly falling on it after a play while clutching his own knee to excuse the 'fall'? Even if he gets 15 yards, it will be worth the photos. Wonder if Vick will use the finger again if that happens? I wonder if he uses the finger on his mom too. I can hear it now, "Michael do your homework now, put away the playstation!" He pops around the corner with a huge finger for her......I bet she would like to hit that boy over the head with a pan sometimes.....

Wow!

Archived