Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doc Walker: "I can see us running the table"

bigyim

I searched the forum, & I didn't see it posted...

Yesterday Doc suggested on the radio show that, now that Gibbs "has taken control of the helm again", he thought the Redskins could win the rest of their games.

Mind you, he gave the mediocrity of the NFC as a big reason for saying that, but it still made Al Koken & Coach Thompson nearly jump out of their shoes on the air.

I thought it a very interesting commentary, considering Doc's willingness to speak his mind in the past. He's not just saying this to jump on the bandwagon...he actually believes this could happen, & since he's forgotten more football than I know, I wonder about believing it myself.

The schedule is all-NFC for the rest of the season, so we can come close to controlling our own destiny if we win out (9-7, 5-5 vs. NFC teams may not be good enough for playoffs, but there's a chance--esp. if Minnesota & NY continue to lose).

I want to see a good effort against ATL before I can buy this completely, though...every team from here on out will be desparate to stay in the hunt, & we'll need to bring our "A" game every Sunday. 2 Good efforts in a row would go a long way in convincing me we have a shot.

I can see myself eating a cheese steak sub for lunch!

I hope you are right. It was awesome to be in the house when we beat Carolina and I will be there again Sunday. It pains me that the loss to the Vikings by 3 points and the loss to Titans by 3 points both at home would make an incredible difference. Both games were in reach.

I listen to him almost every day and the last few games he pretty much closed the book on the season. He has been waiting for the team to show this kind of intensity and for Gibbs to take over all year. I am really waiting to see what happens against Atlanta before I hop on the wagon again. This year the team always seems to find a way to let us down. But I am glad to hear Doc happy about the team again.

I want to see a good effort against ATL before I can buy this completely, though...every team from here on out will be desparate to stay in the hunt, & we'll need to bring our "A" game every Sunday. 2 Good efforts in a row would go a long way in convincing me we have a shot.

Miracles do happen, but hoping for miracles is not where you want to be in November. This team has dug their own grave, and they've got to dig themselves out one game at a time. If they run the table, which, given their play, is a ****ing pipe dream, they still need luck to make the playoffs.

The Skins are one of the 10 worst teams in the NFL right now, record-wise. That's pathetic. The fact that they're not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and have won one game against a team that frankly beat themselves, isn't really reason to celebrate.

The Skins beat the Panthers. Yawn. Just beating the reeling Falcons isn't enough to make anyone stand up and take notice either -- they'd have to pummel the Falcons on both sides of the ball.

Right now the Skins have an underperforming defense that is coming off one good game and an offense that is frankly awful. Eighteen points a game won't get it done. Anyone who dreams, like Doc Walker, of running the table isn't paying much attention to the way this team plays. Yes, they COULD beat every team remaining on their schedule. But only blind homers could forget that, based on the way they've played this year, they can lose to everyone one of them as well. There isn't one "gimme" on the schedule.

It's fun and all thinking about the different possible playoff scenarios, but we have to win the games first. Winning 6 games in a row is a VERY, VERY difficult task for any team, unless of course you're the Colts. And, unfortunately, we're not the Colts. Listening to my heart, I think we'll run the table. Listening to my brain, I don't think there's a chance. One slip up, one missed field goal, one interception, one dropped pass.....Any of those things could cost us one game. The task is daunting, and I don't think it is an insult to this team (or any team, for that matter) to say that it is unlikely.

Doc Walker went off last night, I was riding in my car going to practice. I arrived and would not get out of the car until he finished. It gave me hope and a good feeling. For some one who played for King Gibbs, I think he knows what he is talking about. Even if they dont go to the playoffs I think this will go well in to next year and years in the future. These guys had a fire lit and it shouldve been lit after the minnesota loss. No way we shouldve loss that game. It may be a little to late, but atleast he made his presence felt. To all coaches and players!!!

King GIbbs gonna do it!!!!

" They are who we thought they were, and we let em' off the hook"

Sure, anythings possible. But we've just won 1 game in a row so far.

I'm wondering myself what was the point in Gibbs taking most of a season off? And why can't Saunders and Williams work together in making a gameplan that works more than 1/2 the time. I mean they are each paid a lot more than some head coaches. They aren't worth it. Snyder got ripped off.

There is no real reason why this team can't win these last 5 games. Their biggest opponent so far this season has been themselves. I think that the most important thing for them to do at this point is to concentrate on one game at a time, putting together a solid performance, and not even think about the playoffs unless it happens.

ugghhh...that Bucs loss hurts more and more "running the table" is even mentioned.

How did we lose to the crappy Bucs??!?!?!?!

I dont see us running the table. I see us spliting the next two home games and then losing to New Orleans. Rams and Giants are very beatable...or so it appears.

you honestly think Vick or Garcia is gonna beat us at home? :laugh:

the NO road game is the only game I haven't penciled in as a W

There is no real reason why this team can't win these last 5 games. Their biggest opponent so far this season has been themselves. I think that the most important thing for them to do at this point is to concentrate on one game at a time, putting together a solid performance, and not even think about the playoffs unless it happens.

Atlanta ( Sliding Fast As Always At This Time )

Philly ( Loss the Franchise in D. McNabb and my Fantasy Franchise QB )

New Orleans ( Very Suspect...Although playing hard for the City of NO)

St. Louis ( We beat them every time in their house, Its a home away from home...I'll be there)

New York ( By this time in the year they will be out of the playoffs...And we will smash them to get in 9-7)

King Gibbs will do it!!!

I think if a man who's played at the NFL level for Gibbs' team sees something different about the performance of that team, it has to give you pause.

None of these teams are "gimmes"...in fact, each of these teams could very well call us the "gimme" on their own schedules. But none of them are really solid, either. Each one of the teams on our schedule has deficiencies or has underperformed recently. It's not like looking at Indy on the schedule, & hoping you have a chance to stay even with them.

Again, the point is that Doc has seen a noticable change in Gibbs' demeanor, which signified to him that this team will not underperform as poorly as they have done in the first part of this season. Since he knows the "fear of Gibbs" firsthand as a player, I have to give Doc the benefit of the doubt when he thinks this may be more than a 1 week aberration in a slide to the NFL basement.

A

Archived