Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doc Walker: "I can see us running the table"

bigyim

I LOVE my Skins, but I'll believe it when I see it!

Where were you last year?

I COULD see it happening too. Three of our final five have losing records, and the Giants at home in Week 17 is very winnable if we have something on the line.

The problem is we have to play the Saints at New Orleans, and that game could be a playoff/division clinching game for them. I don't know how we can go into the Superdome and win that.

Miracles do happen, but hoping for miracles is not where you want to be in November. This team has dug their own grave, and they've got to dig themselves out one game at a time. If they run the table, which, given their play, is a ****ing pipe dream, they still need luck to make the playoffs.

The Skins are one of the 10 worst teams in the NFL right now, record-wise. That's pathetic. The fact that they're not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and have won one game against a team that frankly beat themselves, isn't really reason to celebrate.

The Skins beat the Panthers. Yawn. Just beating the reeling Falcons isn't enough to make anyone stand up and take notice either -- they'd have to pummel the Falcons on both sides of the ball.

Right now the Skins have an underperforming defense that is coming off one good game and an offense that is frankly awful. Eighteen points a game won't get it done. Anyone who dreams, like Doc Walker, of running the table isn't paying much attention to the way this team plays. Yes, they COULD beat every team remaining on their schedule. But only blind homers could forget that, based on the way they've played this year, they can lose to everyone one of them as well. There isn't one "gimme" on the schedule.

Wasn t this said last year as well after the 4-12 raiders beat us?

Also everyone was saying after Carolina dominated st louis they were the team to beat in the nfc and the skins pounded them. If the skins win this game and philly they win out. That would be 3 and row and most likely tied for the 6 seed or 1 game back. They always split with the giants and i could see gibbs willing the victory over new orleans. If the defense plays the way it did on sunday there isnt a team in the nfc the skins cant beat. If they revert back to earlier 06 they are done.

Isnt football so much more fun to watch when the skins are still alive? it makes it all worth it. i would rather root and hope for victories than complain about coaches and the team. Gibbs has the midas touch, my whole life i have seen some crazy redskins comebacks and wins. This isnt the 04 team or the skins of the 90's anymore. Just look at last year's run. We need to enjoy the next 2 years while Gibbs is still the head coach and not give up on him or the team. Go to the next 2 games and get drunk or whatever you need to be as loud as you can. Like dallas last year. Every game until the skins lose is a playoff game. so bring it and especially the club level!

Im not ready for 5 in a row stuff again. I dont know if we can do it because this season is much diff than last.

Exactly, 9-7 might be enough. but 8-8 probally will not be. We got the Jets, Saints, and Rams left on our schedule. I think if our whole team plays with some heart and actually wants it and just not say they want it. We might be able to pull it off but the only way I see us beating the saints is if our offense goes off for 30+. But oh man, if we go to the playoffs by the some miracle and Clinton Portis is on the injured reserve list. I don't know if Joe Gibbs will make it passed this offseason.

Sure, anythings possible. But we've just won 1 game in a row so far.

I'm wondering myself what was the point in Gibbs taking most of a season off? And why can't Saunders and Williams work together in making a gameplan that works more than 1/2 the time. I mean they are each paid a lot more than some head coaches. They aren't worth it. Snyder got ripped off.

The Saunders experiment didnt work period. I reall believe that Gibbs had the best interest of the team at heart. I sure dont think that he took the season off but I would be thrilled if next season he ran the show.

Archived