Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kickers

tennisacerg

Note to you:

when there are several threads on the same subject, you are best not to start one of your own.

See TK's sticky above about redundant threads and then maybe watch the public service anouncement.

Ignore this and your time creating new threads will soon be over.

Welcome to the site and have a good day.

Hey tennis. Welcome aboard. Just a heads up, the mods run a tight ship around here.

This is a message board, not a chat. Also, make sure not to start a new thread about something that could just as easily be posted in another thread. There are all kinds of other rules about profanity, posting images, etc. You should tread lightly until you have familiarized yourself with the decorm around here.

I mean no offense, this is for your own good. You will be abused mercilously if you do not conform.

Who votes we should sign Mike Vanderjagt?!?!?

Have you lost your mind. He's a head case! He says up front that he doesn't kick off. He bad-mouths franchise quarterbacks. He has inflated statistics because he's kicked indoors all of his career. Now! You tell me why we SHOULD sign him.

Have you lost your mind. He's a head case! He says up front that he doesn't kick off. He bad-mouths franchise quarterbacks. He has inflated statistics because he's kicked indoors all of his career. Now! You tell me why we SHOULD sign him.

One word.....

NOVAK

I know the kid needs time to work out his kicks, I just can't stand to keep watching him do it on our team....

Maybe Danny Smith could do something with ol' Vanderchoke and make him into at least a better than Novak....

One word.....

NOVAK

I know the kid needs time to work out his kicks, I just can't stand to keep watching him do it on our team....

Maybe Danny Smith could do something with ol' Vanderchoke and make him into at least a better than Novak....

But, at least, with Novak, he's not going to become a locker-room cancer like Vanderjerk did in Indy and, most recently, in Dallas.

Vanderjagt is the TO of kickers. If we sign him we might as well sign TO...NO NO NO .....Look the man kicks indoors not on a grass surface or in wind very well. Bad Idea all around.

I would rather have Hall kicking with one leg and a kickstand!

This team is vunerable right now especially with the article written on a unknown player.No More Drama

Vanderjagt=Drama

Now and then, the Redskins pick up other team's garbage and make something out of it. However, this is not one of those cases. Dallas cut him because not only is he a head case, he also has a lot of short-comings such as short kickoffs and low, easier to block field goals.

My traitorous sister, the world's only intelligent cowboy fan, had been talking all season about how their was a reason the Colts cut him last offseason. She even argued with another cowboy fan about how much that kicker sucks moments before the fateful block.

Something to this effect:

Drunk Idiot: "Oh yea, its all over now! Vanderjagt's in!

My Sister: "Are you kidding me? He sucks and has sucked all year! Why do you think he was a free agent in the first place?"

::kick is blocked by Vincent, recovered by Taylor. Novak kick is good, Redskins win 22-19::

Novak needs to work on his accuracy quite a bit but at least he can do kickoffs and doesn't tend to hit the defensive line with his field goals.

Guys...this is the NFL - we need a professional kicker that can make big kicks. Period. Vanderjagt has much more talent than Novak - Isay we sign the guy right now. We will need to make a big kick at some point to win a game this year - V is much better than 50% and who cares if he is a head case? He's a friggin Kicker!!

Novak needs to work on his accuracy quite a bit but at least he can do kickoffs and doesn't tend to hit the defensive line with his field goals.

Novak is not very good on kickoffs. They are almost always short.

We need a decent kicker who can put kickoffs into the endzone on a consistent basis the way Janikowski does.

Definitely would sign Vanderjagt. He will be bck to form next year. And he is so much better than Novak. At least Vanderjagt is accurate. Novak is neither accurate nor has a strong leg. And since Vanderjagt has a bad year we can get him cheap.

Archived