Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I dare to mention the "P" word.

desertfox59

Mora Sr. voice "Playoffs!! Playoffs!!"

Good grief people we win 1 game to got to 4-7 and the playoff talk starts up again. This team is not going to the playoffs this year. Why? because there are currently 12 teams ahead of us, yes we are number 13 right now in the NFC and only 6 get to go. As much as I would like to talk about playoffs, you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment, this year.

you forget that we are in the NFC and all teams are lumped together in one big ole sorry ball and the playoffs can happen for us if we can put things together as we did today....we may have to run the table but we can get there...there will be at least one 8-8 team in the playoffs in the NFC

For those of you who want to start figuring out all of the possible scenarios and teams to pull for I still think its kinda early and a moot point if the Skins don't do their part...which is still a big IF. That being said, the one thing that is clear to me is that Dallas winning a whole lot (i.e. against NY, PHI, and ATL) would definitely be in our best interests. NY is by no means assured of a wildcard. Have to put the rivalry aside when it comes to survival.

The Team needs to take this 1 game at a time, but as a fan it could be interesting if we finish with a 6-7 record with 2 road games in New Orleans and St. Louis and then come home to face the Giants. It all depends on how are defnese is playing and how Campbell has improved.

I'd love to see them make the playoffs, but right now the most important thing to me is the progress of our quarterback (which will improve the offense) and the improved play of our defense.

Took a look at the standings and remaining schedule for all the teams ahead of us:

Team (Overall Record, Divisional Record, Conference Record): Remaining Schedule

1. Chicago(9-2, 3-0, 7-0): Vikings, @Rams, Bucs, @Lions, Packers

2. New Orleans(7-4, 4-1, 6-1): 49ers, @Boys, Skins, @Giants, Panthers

3. Dallas(7-4, 1-3, 4-3): @Giants, Saints, @Falcons, Eagles, Lions

4. Seattle(6-4, 3-1, 5-3): Packers, @Denver, @Cards, 49ers, Chargers, @Bucs

5. Giants(6-5, 3-0, 5-2): Boys, @Panthers, Eagles, Saints, @Skins

6. Carolina(6-5, 3-1, 4-4): @Eagles, Giants, Steelers, @Falcons, @Saints

7. Minnesota(5-6, 1-2, 5-3): @Bears, @Lions, Jets, @Packers, Rams

8. Philadelphia(5-6, 2-1, 4-3): Panthers, @Skins, @Giants, @Boys, Falcons

9. San Francisco(5-6, 2-2, 4-4): @Saints, Packers, @Seahawks, Cards, @Broncos

10. St. Louis(5-6, 2-3, 4-4): Cards, Bears, @Raiders, Skins, @Vikings

11. Atlanta(5-6, 2-2, 3-4): @Skins, @Bucs, Boys, Panthers, @Eagles

12. Green Bay(4-6, 2-1, 3-4): @Seahawks, Jets, @49ers, Lions, Vikings, @Bears

13. Washington(4-7, 1-3, 1-5): Falcons, Eagles, @Saints, @Rams, Giants

AmaZed at all of the playoff threads. Nice wishful thinking. I've posted these standings on those other threads, LOL. Basically, if you have to depend on other teams to lose; odds are you don't make it. We will be more spoilers this years; than making a playoff run. A good finish would be nice for a nice run in 2007.

We would need Dallas AND New York to lose 3 of their next 5. Not impossible, but a LOT to hope for:

Dallas has left - NYG, New Orleans, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Detroit.

NYG - Dallas, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Carolina, and us.

The best bet is for Dallas and NYG to win the rest of the year and us get the wild-card, because if they lose 2, but not 3, and lose to the teams in the wild-card race, they will hurt us.

I typed a lot in these last few posts, I'm going for some apple pie... I'll be back.

We can still do this though, we really can.

We need Dallas to win as many games as possible. I really don't care if they win the division as long as we get in.

you forget that we are in the NFC and all teams are lumped together in one big ole sorry ball and the playoffs can happen for us if we can put things together as we did today....we may have to run the table but we can get there...there will be at least one 8-8 team in the playoffs in the NFC
We are beneath that lump.

How come I KNEW the "P" word would be used after we actually won a game...

Why? Because it's a "P"robability. They have a shot to make the "P"layoffs, no? You give me a team that is "P"laying better. Giants? Philly? Atlanta? Minnesota? Give me a break. Why wouldn't you talk "P"layoff "P"otentials?

We have a small chance...the only game left on our schedule that worries me is the Saints.

Who would've thought these words would ever be uttered just a few months ago? Wow!

Anyway, I'd like to thank the OP and Redskins4Lyf for what they wrote. I'm on this wagon of hope till the wheels fall completely off baby!!

Why? Because it's a "P"robability. They have a shot to make the "P"layoffs, no? You give me a team that is "P"laying better. Giants? Philly? Atlanta? Minnesota? Give me a break. Why wouldn't you talk "P"layoff "P"otentials?
It's a MATHEMATICAL probability. Just like you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than winning the lottery...MATHEMATICALLY. I'd say the same statement goes for us making the playoffs. One win and now our team is totally cured and a powerhouse...??? Great optimism, but not so great realism.

I personally do not think we will make it. We dug too big of a hole. However, it is really nice to know that there is a chance. I'll watch either way, but it does make it more fun. I'm not sure what's worse, finishing 4 -1 and missing the playoffs by one game and falling back 7 or 8 spots on the draft board OR losing out but we keep the good pick. As long as there is a chance, I'll be rooting for a winning streak.

4-7 people.

Even if we do win the next 5. Does anybody really think we stand a chance against teams like Chicago or Seattle on the road?

This team would have to completely fix everything that isn't working. I expect Gibbs to do his traditional december thing but I still don't see us beating the good teams on the road. I think we'll probably finish 7-9 or 8-8 at best but this playoff talk is just banging on your keyboard until we win the next 3 games at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived