Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I dare to mention the "P" word.

desertfox59

For those of us who still have hope, I'd like to know scernios....

Redskin4lyf or whoever has who we should root for and against I hope you post here.

I will have hope as long as Math says I should.

Do not post here if you want to be a debbie downer. There is another thread for you.

Believe.

:helmet:

No reason to start thinking in those terms yet.

However ... :)

Last year at this time we were 5-6, and in a much more competitive conference. We know we can do it. 4-7 is not THAT different.

If we had this defense all year long we'd be 7-4. It's a shame it took so long to show up. Most likely too little too late.

But hopefully the defense keeps playing like this the rest of the year. If it does it's possible to make a little run over these next five games. It wouldn't be all that out of the ordinary for a Gibbs team.

OK to the believers in the house - the truth is we are 2 games out with 5 games to play. The other truth is that all the teams we play are ahead of us in the race, and winning out will give us a damned good shot to play in January:

Divisional Winners:

EAST - Dallas/NYG

NORTH - Chicago

SOUTH - New Orleans

WEST - Seattle

Wild-card:

1st - Dallas/NYG (the other takes the division)

2nd - Carolina

There are a few other teams in the running, but if we take care of our business, our 3 biggest competitors for that 2nd spot are Carolina, Atlanta, and Minnesota.

Carolina's remaining schedule: Philadelphia, NYG, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, and New Orleans.

These are all losable games, 4 of them being VERY tough games (barring a Philly resurgence)

Atlanta's remaining schedule: Washington, TB, Dallas, Carolina, Philadelphia.

We can take care of them, and Dallas or Carolina, maybe both, will too.

Minnesota's remaining schedule: Chicago, Detroit, NYJ, Green Bay, STL.

Chicago is their toughest game. NYJ, STL, and Green Bay @ Lambeau are tough ones too.

Remember, the conference records will be the big deals here.

Right now, for the standings are:

Us - 2-5

Carolina - 4-4

Atlanta - 3-4

Minnesota - 5-3

So here is what to hope for, and why we are playing in January:

Minnesota to lose 2 games. This has a VERY HIGH probability, and they are the only ones who would hold tiebreakers over us.

Carolina to lose 2. We would hold a tiebreaker over them, and NYG and NO will be their biggest tests. Pittsburgh and Atlanta will be tough too.

Atlanta to lose 1 more. This happens next week, and we hold every tiebreaker versus them :) .

We win out, we will be in. Why can't we? Our D, right? Well, they woke up today....

Why not?!?! The teams we play are Atlanta, Philadelphia, New Orleans, STL and NYG, 3 of those AT HOME.

**EDIT**

Forgot to put the records in case anyone want to know:

Minny: 5-6

Us: 4-7

Carolina: 6-5

Atlanta: 5-6

WE CAN DO THIS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for posting this.

so you're saying there's a chance....

We need to root for Minny to lose twice

Atlanta to lose once

Carolina to lose twice

And of course we must win out.

Is that correct?

So here is what to hope for, and why we are playing in January:

Minnesota to lose 2 games. This has a VERY HIGH probability, and they are the only ones who would hold tiebreakers over us.

Carolina to lose 2. We would hold a tiebreaker over them, and NYG and NO will be their biggest tests. Pittsburgh and Atlanta will be tough too.

Atlanta to lose 1 more. This happens next week, and we hold every tiebreaker versus them :) .

^^ Oh yea! OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!! WE CAN ****ING DO THIS!!!!!!! WE CAN ****ING DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO SKINS!!!

Is there any possible way we can still win the division?

We would need Dallas AND New York to lose 3 of their next 5. Not impossible, but a LOT to hope for:

Dallas has left - NYG, New Orleans, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Detroit.

NYG - Dallas, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Carolina, and us.

The best bet is for Dallas and NYG to win the rest of the year and us get the wild-card, because if they lose 2, but not 3, and lose to the teams in the wild-card race, they will hurt us.

I typed a lot in these last few posts, I'm going for some apple pie... I'll be back.

We can still do this though, we really can.

Technically, for the best possible shot, we need Dallas to win the division (I think I'm going to be sick) because they have a tiebreaker over us because of the margin of victory. We need NYG to collapse while still beating carolina, and we need to win out, and beat the Giants by what? like 15 points or whatever they beat us by in their house. That will leave us at 9-7, the giants at 7-9 (they can technically win 2 other games besides the carolina and Us, as long as we beat them by a bigger margin than they beat us).

It could happen

Archived