Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simeon Rice MIGHT be done in TB, should we give him a look?

skinsngibbs4life

As many of you know, Simeon Rice was placed on IR today. Even though he still has one more deal left on his contract, there is speculation that the bucs will waive the final year of the deal.

As you know, we need a good pass rusher, and Simeon is elite.

i know you all are thinking that he is old and might be injury prone, but, before this season, he had only missed 2 games in his 9 year career. To add to that, before this washed season, he came in with 5 straight seasons of 10+ sacks.

I think it would be a good pickup for us, and it would allow us to pick a CB up in the draft(hopefully Leon Hall)

Do you all totally disagree with me?

Simeon Rice placed on IR, might be done in Tampa

I think you gotta give him a look if he'll come at a decent price.. The age is'nt really a concern at 32 the guy is a freakish athlete who can still contribute for 3-4 years.. Even playing banged up this year in 8 games he had 4 forced fumbles..Look at his career stats the guy has 8 out of his 10 full seasons with 10+ sacks and 1 with 8 sacks.. This team needs a passrusher even if its 3rd down and needs someone that creates TO's and he does both look at his career FF stats..

If you could sign Rice and Clements you could fill your needs then we could trade down and continually add young depth on this team..

NO! NO! NO! Thats what is wrong with us now. We need to leave the team alone work with what you got. We have the highest paid coaching staff in the nfl. Thet need to start earning ther pay and coach the players we have and make them better. We need draft younger talent. No more Free agents.

I think adding him to the team would be a mistake. Look at the past several years and all the free agent "Band-aids" this team has added. We have all seen the results of that. We haven't had a decen't pass rush in a very long time. I think it is time to find a few decent hard working younger guys and keep a few of our vet's on as solid depth. I think Joe S and Griff are fantastic players. But lets face facts, they are starting to show the wear and tear of the game. I think we need to keep them if possible for very solid depth and leadership, but we need a few younger guys on the edge to build a solid foundation to carry this team into the future.:2cents:

Archived