Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simeon Rice MIGHT be done in TB, should we give him a look?

skinsngibbs4life

As many of you know, Simeon Rice was placed on IR today. Even though he still has one more deal left on his contract, there is speculation that the bucs will waive the final year of the deal.

As you know, we need a good pass rusher, and Simeon is elite.

i know you all are thinking that he is old and might be injury prone, but, before this season, he had only missed 2 games in his 9 year career. To add to that, before this washed season, he came in with 5 straight seasons of 10+ sacks.

I think it would be a good pickup for us, and it would allow us to pick a CB up in the draft(hopefully Leon Hall)

Do you all totally disagree with me?

Simeon Rice placed on IR, might be done in Tampa

Yes!!!!

Another old, overpriced free agent???

Give me a break!!:doh:

If they could get him cheap, sure. But the way the Skins do things they would give Tampa our 2nd round pick for him and then sign him to a 7 year 45Mil contract.

And thats no joke. Sounds unbelievable but they would do that kind of contract.

Oh, but he wouldn't see most of that money anyway. I forgot that part, lol. Thats the justification part added to the end of every mistake.

yeah but you know what part he does get to see all of? the large signing bonus that danny boy likes to throw in. So when you cut the guy early you still owe him that whole signing bonus which then counts towards your cap as cap penalties. Thats why you either have to keep all these current players that signed to huge bonuses or release them and take the hit on the cap.

Archived