Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

observations on redskins postgame show

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

first of all, czaban wasnt on and i can only assume he got pulled this week because he grilled boonell after the last game, so they brought in some dork from the post who added nothing. czaban makes that show fun to watch, b mitch feeds off of him like crazy and without him, b mitch is insanely boring. anyways.

gibbs postgame conference was the strangest thing ive ever seen. does it seem to anyone else like gibbs is upset that campbell is playing? we now have a kid with a rocket arm who can put the ball anywhere, whos mobile, spreads the ball around (7 different receivers), and has great vision, not to mention presence in the pocket and the ability to take a hit, and gibbs sounded like he wasnt that impressed with the kids performance. am i losing my mind? we watch brunell stumble around for 9 games, gibbs wont say a single negative (or even constructive comment) about brunells playing, then we have a young kid come in and have a great game and gibbs looked disappointed. so ridiculous i cant even believe it.

on a side note, our defense is beyond bad (not like you didnt already know) but im just shocked that we could be this bad. nothing we can do at this point.

I noticed that Czaban was gone as well probably because of his comments. Did you also notice that they are not asking players or coaches any questions either when that girl, i forgot her name interviews them. On XXX morning show they hit on the topic of Gibbs press conference. They were saying along the lines of Gibbs would just love to come out and say that see this isnt Brunells fault and most people thought it was. As much as this is true it is also wise to point at that if we are going to still lose and are defense sucks might as well get Campbell experience and maybe he will get better and better this year and put up some more points.

Gibbs was pleased with JC's preformance why wouldnt he be so dont read into that. He is starting to get angry with the Defense at this point. There is no way a team that is averaging 80 yards rushing and no points in the second half can come out and score 17 in the 2nd half and end the day with over 180 yards rushing. This defense is pathetic, I was at the game and again the defense is dancing and having a good time out there and getting burnt!!!

Carlos Rogers got a defensive pass interference that was tipped and caught by the other team. If he wasnt trying to hard to get up and celebrate he may have made a play on the ball. Then he drops another interception! This enitre defense needs a serious wake up call!!! The defense has no character, where is LaVar? No matter how much you guys bash him he was the heart and soul of the Defense and a Leader on D. We have no leader on defense, PERIOD!!!

Guest sith lord

gibbs postgame conference was the strangest thing ive ever seen. does it seem to anyone else like gibbs is upset that campbell is playing? we now have a kid with a rocket arm who can put the ball anywhere, whos mobile, spreads the ball around (7 different receivers), and has great vision, not to mention presence in the pocket and the ability to take a hit, and gibbs sounded like he wasnt that impressed with the kids performance. am i losing my mind? we watch brunell stumble around for 9 games, gibbs wont say a single negative (or even constructive comment) about brunells playing, then we have a young kid come in and have a great game and gibbs looked disappointed. so ridiculous i cant even believe it.

I didn't see/hear Gibbs' press conference, but you're about the 20th person that have made that observation so there must be some truth to it and if he's that stuck on Brunell, I've lost all respect for him.

It is more in Gibbs' nature to defend his players than to praise them. Gibbs said that Campbell showed a lot of good things. He did seem down, but he is allowed to be saddened by how his team played. Hard to be euphoric for Campbell when your team lost and got wallopped by the opposing teams offense. If he was hooting and hollaring and all smiles after a loss, wouldn't you be upset.

I didn't see/hear Gibbs' press conference, but you're about the 20th person that have made that observation so there must be some truth to it and if he's that stuck on Brunell, I've lost all respect for him.

Believe me, none of his anger was over JC.

That's just the Brunell conspiracy theorists for you.

Gibbs is MAD. Pissed. Upset. Frustrated. Angry.

Doc Walker was saying this morning that he was glad Gibbs is upset, and that he was like that all the time when he played for him. It's a good thing.

Honestly I'm glad that he was pissed. It gives me hope. I was tired of him coming out every week and putting all the blame on himself and saying how his players are working hard. No they're not. For one thing, Carlos Rogers was running half speed the entire game. He needs to start making these bums earn their money.

does it seem to anyone else like gibbs is upset that campbell is playing? we now have a kid with a rocket arm who can put the ball anywhere, whos mobile, spreads the ball around (7 different receivers), and has great vision, not to mention presence in the pocket and the ability to take a hit, and gibbs sounded like he wasnt that impressed with the kids performance. am i losing my mind?

Maybe you are losing your mind. I think you forgot that our team lost yesterday.

Sure, we have something to look forward to. But a loss is a loss. Our record is in the cellar. I wouldn't expect all smiles.

I too think he didn't seem overly excited about JC.

I think the most noticable indication is in the things that were not said in the post game press coference.

If Gibbs was truly happy with JC starting he would have said "super smart" and "played his guts out."

He would at least say that about Brunell, even when he was as popular as a fart in a car.

I saw the presser. I thought he was mad that the team lost and how certain aspects of the team played and how the game was called by his assistants. Not anything about JC. It appeared to me that JG still wants to win this season even with the rookie QB and expects to win with JC.

I guess some wanted him to dance to the podium and pronounce JC as a hall of famer. Don't we see enough of that with the defensive players after they make a tackle 8 yards down field.

winning and losing for the rest of the season makes no difference for me. we ARENT making the playoffs, so lets use the rest of the season to test players, and you know, maybe evaluate what we need on both sides of the ball to win?? i know that makes a little too much sense, but maybe itll happen. campbell played well yesterday and thats all i care about. he carried that entire O yesterday in his first NFL start on the road, and gibbs said "he still needs improvement". week in week out all he did was cream over brunell about how he was this and that, yet campbell steps up out of nowhere and wows people (he wowed me at least) and gibbs just didnt seem to excited. i for one am really looking forward to what campbell can do each week.

the season is done. and our defense needs a serious overhaul.

i do agree with some of you, he did looked pissed and im glad. i just wish he could have said some better things about jason, he could use the added boost.

and tell me you guys noticed jason talking about how he wanted to move the ball downfield and not just throwing screen passes for 3 yards every play. total non intentional stab at brunell.

Personally, I would be upset if Gibbs went out and praised Campbell. Don't get me wrong, the kid had a great game and certainly looks like a stud but you have to keep him on an even keel right now. IMO, he is very deserving of praise but that doesn't mean Gibbs should be showering it on him, it's better to leave that up to fans, etc... He didn't even throw for 200 yds. I expect more from him these next few weeks. Gibbs is not going to praise him now when he knows there is still a long way to go.

What I got out of it was Gibbs was very pleased with Campbell's performance but PO'ed at the Defense and I think at Al Saunder's play calling. I think he is sick of us not being committed to the running game. Joe needs to take charge and start making some people accountable and if they aren't accountable he needs to clean house. I was glad to see some fire from him. Jason played a nice game but we still lost to a crappy team. He should have been fired up.

Gibbs is such a wuss these days. This was the first press conference that he has said anything remote useful. He really needs to stop coddling these players in public, even if he is on their ass behind closed doors (and I don't think he is doing that either).

I'd say deal with your issues behind closed doors. It pisses me off when coaches/players call people out in the media rather than going to them in person and handling it like a man.

winning and losing for the rest of the season makes no difference for me. we ARENT making the playoffs, so lets use the rest of the season to test players, and you know, maybe evaluate what we need on both sides of the ball to win?? i know that makes a little too much sense, but maybe itll happen. campbell played well yesterday and thats all i care about. he carried that entire O yesterday in his first NFL start on the road, and gibbs said "he still needs improvement". week in week out all he did was cream over brunell about how he was this and that, yet campbell steps up out of nowhere and wows people (he wowed me at least) and gibbs just didnt seem to excited. i for one am really looking forward to what campbell can do each week.

the season is done. and our defense needs a serious overhaul.

i do agree with some of you, he did looked pissed and im glad. i just wish he could have said some better things about jason, he could use the added boost.

and tell me you guys noticed jason talking about how he wanted to move the ball downfield and not just throwing screen passes for 3 yards every play. total non intentional stab at brunell.

Yeah I noticed that when JC said we didn't want to keep throwing 2 yard screen passes and have the defense just sitting on the routes. That little tidbit was awesome to hear :)

You know seriously though, I'm begining to wonder if the switch to JC was really a Gibbs decision or did Snyder have a hand in this one??? Because Gibbs still acts like Jason isn't who he really wants in there now.

It's just weird how Gibbs is acting all fruity about things now, because the only thing that has chnaged has been Jason Campbell. THis team has been playing like this (inconsistently) for the entire season, why is he just now getting upset?

Really makes no sense to me other then maybe he's crabby about Jason being in there.

GC

You can watch his post game conference at redskins.com.

He wasn't upset with J.C., he was upset with the defense.

Correct, please do "see for yourself" at the Skins site then form your own opinions.

My take was that Gibbs was quite pleased with the young QB's first NFL performance.... but he was very displeased with the overall performance of the team.

What I got out of it was Gibbs was very pleased with Campbell's performance but PO'ed at the Defense and I think at Al Saunder's play calling. I think he is sick of us not being committed to the running game. Joe needs to take charge and start making some people accountable and if they aren't accountable he needs to clean house. I was glad to see some fire from him. Jason played a nice game but we still lost to a crappy team. He should have been fired up.

Exactly. This would be the first game in which I would really take issue with the play calling. The game was no where near out of reach and we don't run the ball??? T.J. was averaging 5.2 yards a carry, but he only gets the ball 5 times... This game was given away, and the coaches need to be called to task on this one.

Yeah I noticed that when JC said we didn't want to keep throwing 2 yard screen passes and have the defense just sitting on the routes. That little tidbit was awesome to hear :)

You know seriously though, I'm begining to wonder if the switch to JC was really a Gibbs decision or did Snyder have a hand in this one??? Because Gibbs still acts like Jason isn't who he really wants in there now.

It's just weird how Gibbs is acting all fruity about things now, because the only thing that has chnaged has been Jason Campbell. THis team has been playing like this (inconsistently) for the entire season, why is he just now getting upset?

Really makes no sense to me other then maybe he's crabby about Jason being in there.

GC

pretty much the vibe i got. its like hes disappointed that brunell isnt in there. if thats true, gibbs has lost his mind, and would prove that they really are having a secret jesus love affair.

Archived