Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will David Patten step up this Sunday ?

Mickalino

I could care less what Patten does, personally. The guy has done nothing since he came here. Even though Brunell is partly to blame for his lack of production, I'm more than happy to see Lloyd and Randle El showcased in this offense and I always root for Thrash.

We dont know if moss is out. But I have a question? Is it me or does it seem that Moss has givin up on the season? I watch is interview's and seems not intrested in playing. I'm starting to wonder if he realy is hurt.

He just seems like he is not motivated. And if he is not, than thats bull****!

If we can get a win this weekend we are not out of it. Look at the rest of the NFC. we have 3 straight home games against teams that are not all that and they are very winnable games. I hope is not giving up.:feedback:

If Moss is out, it will be Lloyd, Randle El, and Thrash. I like David Patten. He has the best hands of any receiver. Either the coaches don't like to play him much or he is plagued by injuries. He sat out of practice I think last week due to injury. So, I would think he has been plagued by injury.

David Patten is like Art Monk. He is not very fast. But if you threw him the ball on 3rd-down, he will get that much needed 1st down.

Correct me if I am wrong' date=' but didn't Art Monk actually play once in a while?

Patten has been a rumor during his time here.[/quote']

I know. I'm disappointed he doesn't play more. I think the coaches are looking for youth and speed more than just someone who can flat-out catch the ball. Kinda reminds me how they treated Art Monk and Darryl Green toward the end of their careers.

Thrash has proven time and time again even with the smallest opprotunity that he needs to be on the field more. You throw the ball in his direction and he catches it...period. You can't say that about Patten. If Moss is out, Lloyd, ARE and Thrash sound good to me.

We dont know if moss is out. But I have a question? Is it me or does it seem that Moss has givin up on the season? I watch is interview's and seems not intrested in playing. I'm starting to wonder if he realy is hurt.

If we can get a win this weekend we are not out of it. Look at the rest of the NFC. we have 3 straight home games against teams that are not all that and they are very winnable games. I hope is not giving up.:feedback:

Hamstrings are tricky business man. They can feel perfectly fine after any kind of injury and then immediately start causing problems from out of no where. Hes probably just frustrated, just my :2cents:

You throw the ball in his direction and he catches it...period. You can't say that about Patten.

You haven't seen Patten play then. He almost never drops a pass. I think I saw him drop one pass with the Pats. I remember Trash's first stint with the Redskins and he dropped several passes then. He has matured into a quality wide receiver since coming back from Phile. Patten may not have the speed of Thrash, but he has way better hands.

Dude! Not to doom and gloom on ya, but have you looked at our record? We share the same 3 - 6 that the Texans do. THE TEXANS!!! And they have put up better numbers on offense AND defense.

IMO, this team has not been motivated since day one! I saw it during interviews in the preseason. We really crashed after Portis got hurt the first time. In fact, the only time I ever saw passion out of this team was the first defensive run in our first preseaon game againt the Bengals. THAT defense was fired the "F" up. They are gone now. I dont know where they went. It must be the body snatchers I tell ya... bodysnatchers!

Patten hasn't been playing because he's been injured (hamstring). Patten has been a bust for the team (perhaps no fault of his own) because he's been injured for most of the two seasons on the roster. Whenever Thrash comes in he catches the ball. He's a very good #3-#4 WR. Obviously, Moss can't perform yet otherwise the Skins wouldn't have moved him to the slot. I'd rather they just kept him out of the game and let Lloyd, Randel-El, and Thrash play as WRs.

Skins need to cut Patten in the offseason and consider using a low draft pick on a young WR project (or see if Espy can step up).

Thrash has proven time and time again even with the smallest opprotunity that he needs to be on the field more. You throw the ball in his direction and he catches it...period. You can't say that about Patten. If Moss is out, Lloyd, ARE and Thrash sound good to me.

I second that!!!!:cheers:

Archived