Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we trade Betts in the offseason??

IChiefLikeCP26

Should we go back to the traditional burgandy pants with white tops?  

1,463 members have voted

1. 1. Should we go back to the traditional burgandy pants with white tops?

• My gosh yes, all white is terrible.
    • No, this is a new day and the whites are the new standard.
    • I really couldn't care less.
    • Did you REALLY need to start yet another thread on this?

That thread is even more insane then talking about a Betts trade.....CP is one of a few, he is what we (fans) consider "elite". The list of elite backs in the NFL is less then ten. If Portis is not in Washington next season, that will mean he came here via trade of "one of" the best shut down corners in the league (Champ Bailey) who is another on the "elite" list. and will have produced 3354 yards and 23 TD's and a team record of 16-16 (plus what they finish this season prolly 8-8 at best) totaling 1 playoff win. That would spell disaster combined with the fact that TJ is gone, and Betts is a back-up. You guys (Skin fans) have just about lost reality of what the NFL is and how franchise's are "supposed" to operate. This is truly unbelievable!!

I can't beleive I'm agreeing with a Dallass fan, but you are right. As far as CP not fitting this style offense, everyone forgets that Marshall Faulk and Preist Holmes RAN in this offense also. You don't have to be Larry Johnson size to be effective in this scheme. CP will be fine when he gets his shoulder cleaned out.

A) Betts is a free agent, you can't trade him

B) Only a dumb football player and even stupider GM would do a sign and trade. That just doesn't happen in the NFL.

C) No player will get franchise tagged as we more than likely won't have any money under the cap to do so.

D) I highly doubt the franchise even signs one of the two RBs, Duckett and Betts, back. Betts will probably look for starter money and Duckett is going to get a decent deal from the eagles that we won't want to match,.

Why does everyone think it's a "sure thing" that TJ will sign with Philly in the off-season. The giants will need a RB next year, Houston (unless Domanic Davis is back), NY jets (backfield full of 2nd stringers and crap), SF may need a backup to Gore.

Why does everyone think it's a "sure thing" that TJ will sign with Philly in the off-season. The giants will need a RB next year, Houston (unless Domanic Davis is back), NY jets (backfield full of 2nd stringers and crap), SF may need a backup to Gore.

Duckett will not go to Philly. Reid does not even like to run the ball and Duckett does not fit their offense. I live just outside of Philly and every Philly sports writer/radio person says that the Duckett to Philly talk was false. Philly has two good backs (Westbrook and Buckholter (sp?) and another, Reno, on ST. They have no room or need for Duckett.

Duckett is at best a 1 dimensional 2nd string back. He will not go to the Giants because they have Jacobs who is a lot better than Duckett. They will go get a a player that is active out of the backfield and can complement Jacobs. They might sign Betts. Betts will be given an oppurtunity to earn the starters job (Jacobs would mantain his role) or in a worse case scenario Betts and Jacobs would split time pretty evenly.

SF as a back up is reasonable because that is what Duckett is. The other teams need starters and will address those issues probably in the draft.

People are just feeding off of the theory that JG only got Duckett because the Eagles were trying to get him. However, it is a realistic possibility.

I like Betts if anything i think Portis would be the one they might consider trading being hurt at the end of last year, and most of this year. Betts has his chance to show his stuff. Best thing to happen to him if he does well. Alot of teams are looking at him as a starter. And hell yeah Duckett needs to play.

I agree. We could trade Portis, not Betts, and would get a much better trade with CP than anyone else on our entire roster.

I have been watching this guy and I like what he brings to the team, however if Clinton Portis is fully healthy, I think we should retain TJ Duckett and trade Betts for a draft pick or worthy defensive player in return.

Imagine getting that third rounder back from the Duckett/Lelie deal that went down. Also Imagine possibly getting a PROVEN DB in the exchange. I have no idea what teams will be interested or anything, but with Duckett and Portis, it gives us that Thunder and Lightning combo that is great for protecting a young QB.

Just look at last season, Jerome Bettis and Willie Parker, Steelers win Super Bowl with Roethlisberger, a young QB. Now the Steelers are not having as good of a year, and there's no Bettis.

I really think Duckett is a great back and better than Betts, maybe not recieving, but Portis is good at receiving and better in RAC than Betts. Also I have seen Betts to be a little weak in breaking weak tackles and able to shift his motion.

This is just an idea, I just wanted to see what everyones thoughts were on this subject.:cheers:

****Sorry guys I did not know Betts was a free agent next season, I guess the main point I will make it that I would rather keep Duckett than Betts.

I totally agree! Betts is an ok back, but I honestly feel that Duckett is better ESPEACIALLY with breaking tackles! All you have to do is touch Betts on his shoe and he falls down. Anyway, I'll take a healthy Clinton Portis and TJ Duckett over Portis and Betts anyday. And if they still wanna use a third RB, I'd hand if off to Sellers sometimes too! That's 280lbs coming down hill, who wants to tackle that????

Hail

Archived