Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

It would be a PR disaster. The name "Redskin" is already somewhat controversial. I think the spear would just be an awful idea. Those uniforms look great for throwback games, and anniversaries but I think the spear would just be a little bit too much for some people. Lots of negative stories, publicity, etc. JMHO.

The spear is stupid honestly. It's like a weak version of Florida State's helmet and it screams Steve Spurrier.

The Spear was stolen from the 'Skins...

Know your history...

The NFL were the 1st teams to add logos to their helmets...

The Rams were the very 1st...

Screw Spurrier, the only coach to lose at college, and 2 Pro leagues (USFL-Bandits)

Who knows. We only have a player or two who was here during the dark days of Spurrier. The team itself probably carries little association of anything with him. Gibbs seemed to let the players have a lot of say in those things. If Zorn follows suit, we might see it make a comeback if it strikes the players as cool. It harkens back all the way to the Sonny days for some of us.

Since the 2006 season is about to start, I'd like to propose a uniform change for next season.

Let's get rid of the 'white' uniform, and bring back the Burgandy & Gold.

Here are my proposals:

Home Games: Burgandy tops, with Gold Numbers/Names, Gold Pants with Burgandy stripes on each side of the pants seam. Helmet: Gold Helmet with Burgandy "R" surrounded by Burgandy circle of feathers, with Burgandy stripe down center of helmet - i.e.; "Lombardi Helmet."

Away Games: Gold Tops, with Burgandy Numbers/Names, Burgandy pants with Gold stripes on each side of pants seam. Helmet: Burgandy Helmet with Gold "R" surrounded by Gold circle of feathers, with Burgandy stripe down center of helmet.

Comments???

Send this to Danny boy. He always likes to do what the fans want. :doh:

Home - Burgundy jersey's with Gold pants

Away- White jersey's with Burgundy pants

I dont mind the burgundy jerseys as long as the gold pants are worn. Im not a big fan of the bugundy and stark white pants. Just once (and Im pretty sure Im alone on this) Id like to see Bugundy jerseys with Burgundy pants, kinda like the Seahawks do with Blue on Blue for home games.

White jerseys and burgundy pants is classic though and nearly every Redskins memeory is of the team in those colors (with the exception of the end of the '05 season--all white).

If there were to be a uniform change, Id like to see the "Spear" uniform come back but change the decal on the side of the helmet from the spear to the Scripted "R" with a feather while keeping the helmet that deep shade of burgundy to match the jersey.

Two years ago the Redskins ran out for the opener in white uniforms and black shoes. Not only was it a fashion faux pas but it made the players look slow and clunky. Predictably, they lost to the Vikings, thus dooming a season of great expectations. Again in 2007 they wore the ugly black shoes.

Can't they just go back to the white shoes? At least they'd look good win or lose.

• 2 weeks later...

Gibbs has retired, so it's time to retire the tradition of the white jersey/burgundy pants at home....except for 1-2 games a year as a throwback.

Bring on the 2002 spear helmet throwback! That gold is awesome, and the burgundy is much darker and richer looking. Burgundy jerseys at home!!

If you think that NFL teams shouldn't change tradition...well, the Browns wore white at home for 11 straight years, and then switched to brown back in the 70s. The Chargers wore white for six straight years when Fouts was there, too.

It can be done...

does anybody else like the '72 uniforms or is it just me?

i hear everybody say how the jerseys need to be burgundy and the pants gold but they want to keep the helmet we have now.

well the '72 uniforms are all of those.

Those would be my second choice, and it's surprisng the Skins only kept those unis for 7 seasons, from 1972-78. They went to the playoffs 4 times during that span, too.

I hear some fans saying the Skins should keep their 1979 uniforms since they won 3 Super Bowls in them. Well, the Giants changed after winning 2 SBs, and the Skins changed after winning 2 NFL Championships in the 40s too!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just saying, why the hell did we only wear the Burgundy jerseys only twice last season. Once during the Monday night game vs. the Eagles and again against the Cowboys. I know it doesnt really matter but i just go really tired of seeing us wear white every week. BE PROUD OF OUR Burgundy