Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Yea those are pretty cool too. It's not the big "R" I dislike, just that pale yellow-white color scheme.

Yeah, that was a bit too much for me too. I liked it OK n'all, but that's why I was surprised that I like the Gold/White we wore last season. The big difference was having the Burgundy helmet (post #4036 at the top of the page), and I think this may be my new favorite look.

---------- Post added June-14th-2011 at 03:01 PM ----------

Slightly off topic, but has anyone heard if we are changing helmets this year? In the picture below the two small burgundy stripes separating the white and gold at the top of the helmet are gone.

If we switch up helmets, I wouldn't mind going back to the "tucked" feather look:

54804_01_lg.jpg

If we switch up helmets, I wouldn't mind going back to the "tucked" feather look:

Even that isn't drastic enough a change for me to even bother. Most wouldn't notice it one bit so why even go through the process? If you're going to change the uniform or the helmets, I think you should actually change the look or color drastically.

Even that isn't drastic enough a change for me to even bother. Most wouldn't notice it one bit so why even go through the process? If you're going to change the uniform or the helmets, I think you should actually change the look or color drastically.

I'm all about the subtleties, so things like a tucked feather, or an extra stripe on the jerseys / pants would be a noticeable difference for me. Although, if I had my way, I'd probably change up the current helmet and do a opposite "R" helmet. Meaning, I'd make it a burgundy helmet with a gold "R".

I'm all about the subtleties, so things like a tucked feather, or an extra stripe on the jerseys / pants would be a noticeable difference for me. Although, if I had my way, I'd probably change up the current helmet and do a opposite "R" helmet. Meaning, I'd make it a burgundy helmet with a gold "R".

I'd love to see the script R (the one on the classic Gibbs hats) represented on the uniforms in some way. I see what you mean about subtleties, but I just personally think that if you're going to go through the trouble and cost to create brand new unis, they might as well re-brand your team. If we were the Packers, Cowboys, Raiders, etc., then I'd understand it, but we've had plenty of uniform styles over the years.

I'd love to see the script R (the one on the classic Gibbs hats) represented on the uniforms in some way. I see what you mean about subtleties, but I just personally think that if you're going to go through the trouble and cost to create brand new unis, they might as well re-brand your team. If we were the Packers, Cowboys, Raiders, etc., then I'd understand it, but we've had plenty of uniform styles over the years.

I'd definitely like to see the script R on the uniforms somewhere. Maybe the pants...I see some college teams with their logo on the upper left thigh like this:

Andre+Ellington+Ridzey0qDISm.jpg

As for a drastic change, I don't think I'm on board, only b/c of the other drastic changes I've seen, like with the Buffalo Bills, Denver, etc...I think the "classic" look the Skins have donned roughly since the early 70's till now (George Allen / Joe Gibbs eras) is fine, and only needs a few tweaks to modernize it.

As for a drastic change, I don't think I'm on board, only b/c of the other drastic changes I've seen, like with the Buffalo Bills, Denver, etc...I think the "classic" look the Skins have donned roughly since the early 70's till now (George Allen / Joe Gibbs eras) is fine, and only needs a few tweaks to modernize it.

I certainly understand that point of view. I should have clarified, if we change our uniforms, I'd like to see something similar to what the New York teams have done recently by going back to a retro look...not a modern look. I'd despise a modern look to our uniforms (I think).

I certainly understand that point of view. I should have clarified, if we change our uniforms, I'd like to see something similar to what the New York teams have done recently by going back to a retro look...not a modern look. I'd despise a modern look to our uniforms (I think).

Gotcha! In that case, I'd love to see this bad boy come out of retirement for a special occasion or two (vs. Dallas for example):

t_30269_01.jpg

True, but a lot of non-fans see it the other way around.

FWIW, I would like to see these worn a time or two:

redskinfeather%20helmet%20group.jpg

redskins5.jpg

Yeah, I'm all over that. Love that '58 to '63 helmet - what a unique design!

At the very least, keep the gold pants, add a stripe to the jersey sleeve (the two stripe jersey sleeve and three stripes on the gold pants looks odd) and use the burgundy and gold tones that were used on the 70th Anniversary unis. The white pants are sooooo 1979 and while a lot of people don't want to give up the white/burgundy look, the Skins' overall record in that look is barely .500. Time for some new glory days - quit living in the past!!

• 2 months later...