Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Weather conditions play in our favor?

skinsngibbs4life

Tommorow's game is supposed to be UGLY. Starting tonight, it is supposed to tain all the way through the game tommorow. The winds are supposed to kick up and will probably be a factor.

With that said, I think that this can help the skins. The redskins are obviously a better rushing team. We have the ability control the game with our rrush. Also, we have the big backs in Sellars and Duckett to help grind this out(especially with comcast saying duckett is supposed to get action). Also, the iggles dont have the biggest of d-lines, so hopefully pounding the ball up the gut should work.

The eagles on the other hand, are a pass happy team. Thier rush offense isn't non-existent, but, it still isn't good. They don't have many(if any) big backs to run the ball.

If these conditions get really bad tommorow, I think that it should really help the skins. I actually hope the wins kick up more than expected, because it will only hurt mcnabb more.

Westbrook is a complete runningback, dont sleep on him. I hate Philly week because they have Donavan as well.if our defense steps up, we shuold win this game.

even though Westbrook is listed as probable, he is still dinged up. He has been injured all season. I just dont know if he will be that effective in these type of conditions.

The field won't get muddy or torn up because of the nu-turf. However, it will still get wet and make footing an issue. Wet & windy should benefit us more because it will limit the big play chances for Donovan. Let's face it, they could pick us apart much like Indy did. Unless Carlos & Shawn man up on the receivers and we stop playing cover 2. Our safeties are lost with that scheme.

Tommorow's game is supposed to be UGLY. Starting tonight, it is supposed to tain all the way through the game tommorow. The winds are supposed to kick up and will probably be a factor.

With that said, I think that this can help the skins. The redskins are obviously a better rushing team. We have the ability control the game with our rrush. Also, we have the big backs in Sellars and Duckett to help grind this out(especially with comcast saying duckett is supposed to get action). Also, the iggles dont have the biggest of d-lines, so hopefully pounding the ball up the gut should work.

The eagles on the other hand, are a pass happy team. Thier rush offense isn't non-existent, but, it still isn't good. They don't have many(if any) big backs to run the ball.

If these conditions get really bad tommorow, I think that it should really help the skins. I actually hope the wins kick up more than expected, because it will only hurt mcnabb more.

It should help us, IF, Weird Al is smart about it and realises that he needs to run the ball. There has been many games this year that the run hasn't been effectively used when it should have (the Titans game is the one that stands right out). Hopefully he saw the way the offence moved last week was a because Portis got the ball 20+ times.

I really hope we see some good stuff from Duckett. If it is gonna be wet, it will be set up for a back like TJ, and hopefully we use him properly.

even though Westbrook is listed as probable, he is still dinged up. He has been injured all season. I just dont know if he will be that effective in these type of conditions.

Westbrook dinged up is still extremely potent.

He has been probable and questionable weeks 2-10 and he has been absolutely sick.

The guy avg over 110 total yards per game, never take him lightly.

Do you guys know something I haven't heard.............. Duckett actually getting play time ? Did Gibbs announce today he plans on giving him some carries..........

Don't get me wrong, I want to see Duckett the play. Skinsngibbs also made a comment about Westbrook being dinged, and injured all season. What would you call Portis ? Completely healthy? He was nursing a high ankle sprain for dallas, and more then likely still a little dinged.

McNugget is always a threat to run, but windy conditions could help slow their passing attack. Either way, this is a very tough challange for the Skins D, and the O has to be hitting on all cylinders to pull this on off.

Do you guys know something I haven't heard.............. Duckett actually getting play time ? Did Gibbs announce today he plans on giving him some carries...........

There was a thread about this earlier saying that sportsrise reported that gibbs and saunders said they would start giving duckett carries in short yardage situations.

Skinsngibbs also made a comment about Westbrook being dinged, and injured all season. What would you call Portis ? Completely healthy? He was nursing a high ankle sprain for dallas, and more then likely still a little dinged.

Westbrooks situation is slightly different. Originally, people thought that he was going to need surgery on his knee in order to repair. Westbrook has decided to play through it, and might need to get surgery in the offseason.

Portis is fine now. He isn't even listed on the injury list anymore, and should be good to ggo

Guest ComebackKing

I think crappy playing conditions REALLY help us out more than the Eagles. Their offense is already not playing that well in the past couple weeks and they usually rely on offense more than their defense to win games.

There was a thread about this earlier saying that sportsrise reported that gibbs and saunders said they would start giving duckett carries in short yardage situations.

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't seen the thread :)

Westbrooks situation is slightly different. Originally, people thought that he was going to need surgery on his knee in order to repair. Westbrook has decided to play through it, and might need to get surgery in the offseason.

Portis is fine now. He isn't even listed on the injury list anymore, and should be good to ggo

I know enough about knee injuries to say if a person can play through it, it's something minor, and will clean it out with a scope in the off season. A piece of loose cartolege, or some scar tissue to be removed more then likely. It will cause swelling, stifness, and some pain. My point was, our running game my not be at 100% either. Because he isn't listed on the injury report, doesn't mean Portis 100%.

It well help us because not only do we run the ball well, we also have a good short passing game

Agreed.

If the weather conditions are going to be as bad as they say, and as long as Saunders doesn't try to out finnese himself, it should help us.

In these conditions, the Redskins need to go back to their power running game (which is probably why we've been hearing that Duckett will get some playing time today).

Conditions like this are also good for Brunell's short passing game.

Well used to be that the Skins LOVED bad weather, remember Riggins and the Hogs? If it was raining or snowing or both at the same time, they LOVED that stuff ...

To beat the Eagles, the Skins need to run the ball 70% of the time using up the clock and keeping McNAbb and crew on teh sidelines and the Phillly D on the field as long as possible. Wear them out, burn their gas and just plain beat them the old fashioned way.

Lots of Gut runs, quick out passes for variety, and an occasional long pass to keep 'em guessing.

I live in the Philly area. It didn't rain at all last night and is not raining right now. However, the skies could open up at any time. If the rain holds out for another 2 hours, we may vary well get the worst of it at game time.

It's hard to tell who benefits most from foul weather in this game. My initial feeling is that we would because the Eagles are so pass oriented. However, if the weather is truly awful it could turn into a 9 - 6 type game where the kickers are the primary scorers. I can't imagine that a Field Goal game would fall in our favor.

Who knows. It will be fun to watch if the weather turns seriously ugly. I love foul weather games. I will keep the board informed in this thread if the weather changes.

Maybe we can actually get a turnover today. If it actually rains in Philly that might help us try and win the turnover battle for a change. I mean 5 turnovers all year, that is freaking ridiculous. If we get no turnovers, it might be a long day.

Archived