Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vote Darrell Green for DB Coach!!

skinscantbestopped

He does many other things and I am not sure he would want to stop all his community programs and such to be a coach.

IF his DB's were bad, it might tarnish his memory ... not to me mind you, but some

Sometimes just because you are good at something doesnt mean you can teach another person.

Just a thought, NOT a bash to your suggestion friend

Darrell was great because he was insanely fast / quick. That doesn't make you a good coach. I'm not saying that he can't coach, but I'm not assuming that he can, just because he was ridiculously talented.....sometimes the crusty old guys who never played professional ball end up being the best coaches....

I think our defensive backs are actually good, but they just haven't played that way for whatever reason. I mean, on paper we look really nice (Springs, Rogers, Taylor, Vincent), but they haven't been playing up to their full potential (well, Vincent just got here). I think a little pass rush would go a long way too. If we can somehow get the QB to hear footsteps that aren't necessarily there, that would be great.

Darrell Green would make a great coach, like the first post said Champ Bailey learned a lot from Darrell. The problem is assistant coaches work crazy hours. Gibbs sleeps at Redskins Park several nights a week. Darrell wants to focus on his family and his charity work he doesn't want to spend all that time at Ashburn.

Why isn't this guy somewhere on the sideline for this team? He just created the most dominant CB in the league. I'm sure Danny Boy can come up with some sort of off the wall contract that will get him to come help us out. WE NEED IT!...What do you guys think?

HTTR

I didn't know they held elections for positions on the coaching staff.

You may have no new threads by your name soon.

I guess that would make Archuletta a Hall Of Fame coach...lol

Lmao:laugh: That ish was funny. Got to laugh at it to keep from crying because so far that was a horrible FO mistake picking up AA and giving him boat loads of ducketts.

But seriously, I honestly don't see why Darrell Green wouldn't be a great coach. He seemed to do wonders mentoring Champ and I'm sure if someone asked Champ who helped him alot he'd probably mention DG.

GC

Why isn't this guy somewhere on the sideline for this team? He just created the most dominant CB in the league. I'm sure Danny Boy can come up with some sort of off the wall contract that will get him to come help us out. WE NEED IT!...What do you guys think?

HTTR

LMFAO WHY? MAYBE BECAUSE WE HAVE THE BEST DB COACH ON ARE STAFF

you know G.Gray:2cents:

You caught him on a bad day. I met him at a buddy's house and he talked football for a good hour.

lol, don't know why but this just made me laugh.

It was funny that the other guy made the conclusion that just because DGreen didn't talk to him about football at a buddy's house that DG doesn't like to talk about football period! lol.

GC

lol, don't know why but this just made me laugh.

It was funny that the other guy made the conclusion that just because DGreen didn't talk to him about football at a buddy's house that DG doesn't like to talk about football period! lol.

GC

Darrell Green is the best corner to ever grace the Redskins roster. I have to say he did wonders with Champ bailey. But coaching is totally different than teammates working together to be shutdown corners. Darrell Green has the speed be blocked on his back and get and catch a then at his prime Barry Sanders. A lot of his intangables cannot be taught.

Even though he is nolonger with the team Champ Bailey was drafted with certain intangables. I think that Champ picked up some tricks by taking some of his technique. Darrell Green had great closing speed. He actually made a reciever look open then catch up and bat away the ball.

Just don't think Darrell can teach his intangables

Just to add Darrell on the end of his career before they used him as a nickel corner covered recievers like Randy Moss before moss left the vickings, Jerry Rice, and Micheal "cocain head" Irvin. In those battles he did get burned but guess what. Most of the games he got burned he returned the favor.He caught interceptions and returned them for touch downs. Darrell was a game changing corner.

sore spot but got to say this.

The Linebacker we let go Laver Arrington has many intangables at his position. But the are something you can't coach.

Barry Sanders falls in that category as well.

Darrell Green is the best corner to ever grace the Redskins roster. I have to say he did wonders with Champ bailey. But coaching is totally different than teammates working together to be shutdown corners. Darrell Green has the speed be blocked on his back and get and catch a then at his prime Barry Sanders. A lot of his intangables cannot be taught.

Even though he is nolonger with the team Champ Bailey was drafted with certain intangables. I think that Champ picked up some tricks by taking some of his technique. Darrell Green had great closing speed. He actually made a reciever look open then catch up and bat away the ball.

Just don't think Darrell can teach his intangables

I can see the whole intangibles thing, because DG had abilities that most players cold only dream of having. But I mentioned some of the things that I think he would bring to the table if he were to get into coaching in one of my previous posts...

GC

Archived