Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Dog roaming the neighborhood right now...

H-O-G

I have two dogs, Apollo and Annie. Well I usually let both my dogs out the backdoor to do their buisness. Annie always runs in when shes done but Apollo is a rebel sometimes. He will wonder around the house to the front to sniff around. Well this morning he didn't come back. This has happened before but he was just in the other neighbors yard. Today he wasn't anywhere near the house..I had to leave for my bus and my mom was leaving for work...As I was on the bus leaving I saw him trotting across the road that branches into a bigger and very busy road. He wasn't headed in that direction he was trotting in the other direction. Please say a short prayer that my dog is okay and that my little brother found him this morning or something. I'm just worried sick right now. Hes a Rotweiler and I've had him for 7 years :(

I feel so helpless knowing hes just roaming around, no tags on him.

so you KNOW your dog has a habit of wandering, yet you don't have tags on him or a leash? doh.gif

Your dog has my sympathy. But not you.

That was my first thought...then I started to worry about the Rotweiller attacking a 5 year old...why aren't you out unning him down. :insane:

I was already on the bus though...I left my mom a message on her phone 3 seconds later telling her I saw him near the road...I hope she didn't leave for work without finding him. I'm prolly blowing this way out of proportion, 5 minutes later she most likely got in her car and found him. She knew he was gone when I told her, she said..."I'm tired of him running away, Annie always comes in and Apollo knows better"...

Whoa whoa whoa,. The part of the story I don't like is that the little boy gave up looking for Happy after an hour. He didn't put posters up or anything, he just sat on the porch like a goon and waited. That little boy's gotta think 'You got a pet. You got a responsibility.' If your dog is lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits. You get your ass out there and you find that ****ing dog.

Whoa whoa whoa,. The part of the story I don't like is that the little boy gave up looking for Happy after an hour. He didn't put posters up or anything, he just sat on the porch like a goon and waited. That little boy's gotta think 'You got a pet. You got a responsibility.' If your dog is lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits. You get your ass out there and you find that ****ing dog.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know what I say sounds too cliche but its actually true...

errr...school bell rings at 1:15..:doh:

H-O-G, this isn't always true, although you think it's always true for your dog, that's not always so. And the stakes are pretty high if you're wrong.

All it can take is for one 5 year-old who's afraid of large dogs to see your dog and run away, then your dogs hunting instincts can kick in. Next stop: dog bite city. Hospital. Attorney.

Your dog can hurt or traumatize a child even if the dog is "just playing".

Ok I see something majorly wrong there..

Youa re on the bus, and you see him.. well.. First step is Walk up to the bus driver, ask him kindly to let you off, as you see your dog and its near possible danger. You get off, walk the dog home, and now hes safe. From there, you find a ride to school, as you said your moms off to work already, ask a neighbor, can't get a ride? Walk. Dont want to walk? You miss school for a day, atleast your dog is alive and safe.

Glad he got home safe, but I would of looked for my dog instead of getting on the bus. A dog, is like a sibling to you, and missing one day or a couple hours of school isnt the worst thing in the world, while losing a dog, can be very upsetting, while again missing school, isnt.

Archived