Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Has It All Wrong, Again.............

bulldog

Seriously who cares, It wasnt a fluke. Vanderjagt was the one who kick it low, Vincent just took advantage of it. They had all of the chance in the world to win the game and they didnt. Now they have to come with stupid excuses. Like that fan said on MNC "ESPN Sucks" , but I still watch it.

It was a heads up play by Vincent, plain and simple. More so being it was the first time he ever played on the block squad.

Screw Berman

I'll contend that it was even a more heads up play by Taylor to run the ball down the field. If it wasn't for him covering some serious real estate, the game would have been decided by a coin flip....or fluke, wha ever you want to call it...

Fluke or not the offense still sucks and our defense let the Cowboys offense get them in position to win the game. We aren't going to win many games on blocked kicks and kick returns for scores or last second bombs after winning the overtime coin toss. If thats what we expect to get us into the playoffs then I don't see it happening.

Unless they start stopping teams and show the capability to run the ball in the 2nd half we aren't looking at too many wins.

I saw somewhere today that Andre Carter kept getting penitration up the middle on other kicks by Dallas, and when it came down to it, they figured he was the biggest threat of blocking it. They changes their blocking ever so slightly to keep Andre contained, and let Vincent run almost untouched at the kicker.

It was a heads up play by Vincent, plain and simple. More so being it was the first time he ever played on the block squad.

Screw Berman

Wow, that's extremely interesting. Could you find out where you saw that? If not, I'm not surprised though. Makes sense. How could they completely forget someone like that?

I gotta give props to Andre though. That says a lot.

But there was NOTHING fluky about HOW the Redskins turned this game around.

Blocking a kick by gaining penetration at the line of scrimmage is not akin to a kicker missing a field goal try by hitting the upright.

I couldn't agree with you more. I argued the entire day with a Cowboys fan about this. You have to get credit where credit is due. It's like saying Dante Hall gets lucky because he practices punt returns and has gotten very good at taking it all the way. They practice these type of things all week long, that was no fluke. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Chris Berman as we know is a tool. Tonight he cinched it by calling the Redskins play at the end of the game on Vanderjagt a 'fluke'.

Yes, it was a fluky ending in that Sean Taylor ran the ball back and the Redskins got just enough yardage off the facemask penalty to kick the winning field goal.

But there was NOTHING fluky about HOW the Redskins turned this game around.

Blocking a kick by gaining penetration at the line of scrimmage is not akin to a kicker missing a field goal try by hitting the upright.

Troy Vincent made a great play. A play that teams work on in special teams prep during the week.

Blocks on kicks and punts are a part of the game just as are kick and punt returns.

To characterize them as fluke plays really is a disservice to players who excel on special teams in this role.

Hasn't Kris Jenkins of the Panther blocked 3 or 4 field goals in his NFL career? It's not luck or a fluke. It's a player who beats his man and makes plays in those situations by design.

If ESPN and other media are going to credit the 80 yard punt return for a touchdown and the 62 yard field goal that are made by the special teams they have to credit equally the players like Vincent that make game changing plays defending on teams :)

yup

very funny when the Beagles blocked that kick aginst the Chargers last season the were picked to win the EAst

love being the underdog

earn our credit:D

Of course, because that's America's Team. The media would be calling it "The Miracle at FedEx Field."
LMFAO:D so true!

my thing is this,we won like any other team.When the Bears,Flagass,Pats,Philly,or just any other team besides the Skins

they will say ..thats what good teams have to do.offense didn't make a play,Defense didn't make a play,you need the SP teams to step up, and make a play. my Question is what did we do?:doh:

I saw somewhere today that Andre Carter kept getting penitration up the middle on other kicks by Dallas, and when it came down to it, they figured he was the biggest threat of blocking it. They changes their blocking ever so slightly to keep Andre contained, and let Vincent run almost untouched at the kicker.

Screw Berman

DALLAS276.JPG

In this brilliant shot from our very own Brian Murphy (themurf), you can clearly see the attention, and subsequent blatant holding, that Andre Carter faces down the middle. It was a great heads-up play from Vincent with apparently quite poor blocking from Dallas that kept us alive in this one

Because it doesn't happen EVERY Sunday.. it is a fluke? I would love to read your logic on this....

My logic is this: 99% of the time when a team goes to block a FG they are unsuccessful. This particular time the Cowboys blew a block which allowed Vincent to come in unblocked and make a great play. A fluke by defintion is a stroke of luck. There was a good amount of luck involved in that play. But thats football and every team experiences it.

If u think there was no luck involved and it was superior coaching and unmatched skill thats fine. who cares the redskins won-thats all that matters.

Archived