Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TJ Duckett/Mike Sellers on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and Goal?

kcofdc

:whoknows:

why do we have these guys if they arent going to be utilized :dallasuck

1. Duckett was signed in case Portis did not recover from his shoulder injury. Portis did recover and Duckett is caught in a numbers crunch around special teams and is not active because he does not play on teams. Wasted trade - maybe but we could not afford the risk of Portis not recovering and us being short handed at RB.

2. Mike Sellers is our pimary blocking fullbacak and is also heavily featured in teh short passing game. Heck he even had 4 or 5 carries on 1st down against the Cowboys. he is critical part of our O - what makes you think he is under utilised?

2. Mike Sellers is our pimary blocking fullbacak and is also heavily featured in teh short passing game. Heck he even had 4 or 5 carries on 1st down against the Cowboys. he is critical part of our O - what makes you think he is under utilised?

Numerous TD's in the redzone last year

0 this year

Very, very good question man.

I have been giddy as a school boy since the win, but these questions do need answering.

Portis is one of the best RB's in the league, but lets face facts, his shoulder isn't 100% and it didn't look like he was able to hit the line of scrimmage with the force that he usually does.

Why not put 278lbs of FB in Mike Sellers in there or Duckett or even Betts?

I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why our coaches have to call 7 straight runs with the line stacked against CP to understand that they might need a bigger body, Sellers OR Duckett, to move the pile. Then Sellers came in later for a few plays in a row when the team is WAY away from the goal line. Hats off to CP, but the guy is best(phenomenal) in space where he has room to run. Couldn't understand that series. The pitch finally worked to Perfection(38 yd. run) when the D wasn't EXPECTING it, too. I can't help but feel the coaches are STILL figuring out how to use these guys.:doh: :rolleyes: :doh: Great win, but it is becoming apparent where some of our losses are coming from. I hope the staff can get these guys into position to win 7 of the last 8. :dallasuck

1. Duckett was signed in case Portis did not recover from his shoulder injury. Portis did recover and Duckett is caught in a numbers crunch around special teams and is not active because he does not play on teams. Wasted trade - maybe but we could not afford the risk of Portis not recovering and us being short handed at RB.

The bottomline is that we have bigger, healthier backs to get the ball into the endzone. Why not use them? Why not try Betts?

I am scared to death that Portis is going to hurt that shoulder again in situations like that goaline situation.

Not for nothing, but Dallas stuffed our run game all day. i cant beleive that we did not try to throw it once. What was it? Like 20th and goal?:laugh: :doh: :( :mad:

Especially with R. Williams coming off the left corner like his pants were on fire every play. He was so committed to the run he wouldn't have had time to get outside to contain a bootleg.

I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why our coaches have to call 7 straight runs with the line stacked against CP to understand that they might need a bigger body, Sellers OR Duckett, to move the pile. Then Sellers came in later for a few plays in a row when the team is WAY away from the goal line. Hats off to CP, but the guy is best(phenomenal) in space where he has room to run. Couldn't understand that series. The pitch finally worked to Perfection(38 yd. run) when the D wasn't EXPECTING it, too. I can't help but feel the coaches are STILL figuring out how to use these guys.:doh: :rolleyes: :doh: Great win, but it is becoming apparent where some of our losses are coming from. I hope the staff can get these guys into position to win 7 of the last 8. :dallasuck

I dont mind the run calls, but why not spread them out a little. We havent been able to make 1yd out of the jumbo formation in something like 15 years. Why is it so obvious from my seat at the bar and so painfully unnoticed by the coaching staff?!?!

Especially with R. Williams coming off the left corner like his pants were on fire every play. He was so committed to the run he wouldn't have had time to get outside to contain a bootleg.
Thank goodness for Randy Thomas who single handedly stopped R.Williams a couple of times while blitzing. One that sticks out in my mind was the fourth quarter pass to Betts. R.Williams came in on a blitz, salavating as he neared Brunell, when all of a sudden Thomas damn near knocks him on his ass and keeps him from even getting close to Brunell. :applause:

Actually it went like this

1st and goal at 2 PORTIS STOPPED

2nd and goal from 1 PORTIS STOPPED

3rd and goal from 1 BETTS STOPPED

4th and goal from 1 PORTIS STOPPED

and as far as I know...Duckett WAS active and standing there WAITING TO GO IN...

boooooo...cut Duckett now if you aren't going to play him!!!

sorry...it was actually like this

1-4-DAL4 (9:51) C.Portis left tackle to DAL 3 for 1 yard (D.Ware, J.Ratliff).

2-3-DAL3 (9:14) C.Portis right guard to DAL 4 for -1 yards (R.Fowler).

3-4-DAL4 (8:35) M.Brunell pass incomplete short left to A.Randle El.

PENALTY on DAL-T.Newman, Defensive Holding, 2 yards, enforced at DAL 4 - No Play.

1-2-DAL2 (8:30) C.Portis right end to DAL 1 for 1 yard (R.Fowler, T.Newman).

2-1-DAL1 (7:54) C.Portis up the middle to DAL 1 for no gain (R.Fowler, M.Spears).

3-1-DAL1 (7:14) L.Betts left end to DAL 1 for no gain (R.Williams, B.James).

4-1-DAL1 (6:40) C.Portis up the middle to DAL 1 for no gain (B.James, J.Ferguson).

it is just so frustrating because the pass to sellars was automatic last year, but it has yet to be attempted this year...meanwhile you have duckett standing on the sideline just waiting to prove that he is capable of doing what brandon jacobs does for the giants. :gaintsuck

Archived