Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ted Haggard, President of NEA resigns amidst gay sex allegations

monte55coleman

Do you know how church leadership is run? Its not a regular job. If you listen to any of his leadership training... this is how they take care of issues that arise like this. It doesn't matter if you are guilty or not.

Yeah, I don't recognise this guy , but in my faith any accusation such as this would result in them stepping down untill the matter can be resolved and any evidence examined.

Simply common sense to avoid interfering with Gods work, especially since we follow no man.

How is it any different than a police office who is put on leave to investigate something he is accused of?

It happens all the time

Police officers say part of the story is true all of the time when it isn't and than step down?

The dude and his congregation leaders admitted there is some truth to the story.

The local t.v. station has also provided some excerpts where he's buying meth.

Alleged voice mails

Jones provided to KUSA-TV what he said were voice mails from Haggard. The station had University of Colorado expert Richard Sanders compare them to its earlier interview of Haggard.

“It certainly sounds like the same person,” Sanders said, adding that he expected to have a final report later Friday.

KUSA-TV reported excerpts late Thursday.

“Hi Mike, this is Art,” one call began. “Hey, I was just calling to see if we could get any more. Either $100 or $200 supply.”

NBC VIDEO

• Voice analysis

Nov. 3: A voice expert says the alleged voice mails sound like Ted Haggard. KUSA-TV's Paula Woodward reports.

MSNBC

A second message, left a few hours later, began: “Hi Mike, this is Art, I am here in Denver and sorry that I missed you. But as I said, if you want to go ahead and get the stuff, then that would be great. And I’ll get it sometime next week or the week after or whenever.”

Jones said Haggard, whose middle name is Art, was referring to methamphetamine. “There’s some stuff on there (the voice mails) that’s pretty damning,” he said.

and this from one of the pastors.

It is important for you to know that he confessed to the overseers that some of the accusations against him are true,” Ross Parsley, the acting senior pastor at New Life Church stated. Haggard on Thursday also stepped aside as leader of the 14,000-member New Life Church, based in Colorado Springs.

We will see what becomes of it all. He's admitted to something. We don't know yet, but it will be published.

He did say he did not committed any homo acts, and that he has been true to his wife.. Hopefully this is the case.

Perhaps it was just Oral, we have expert testimony that isn't sex :laugh:

We will see what becomes of it all. He's admitted to something. We don't know yet, but it will be published.

He did say he did not committed any homo acts, and that he has been true to his wife.. Hopefully this is the case.

Yeah, and Clinton didn't have sexual relations with that woman.

Until they found the dress of course.

Probably pretty hard to prove they had sex.

Yeah, and Clinton didn't have sexual relations with that woman.

Until they found the dress of course.

Probably pretty hard to prove they had sex.

oh yea,

if he's admitting that some of it's true, it's probably all true. why would the guy go to the trouble to implicate himself as a male to male prostitute just to make the stuff up? If it was for political gain, why not go after a politician?

oh yea,

if he's admitting that some of it's true, it's probably all true. why would the guy go to the trouble to implicate himself as a male to male prostitute just to make the stuff up? If it was for political gain, why not go after a politician?

Yes, it appears to be more than a case of "He said, he said". :D

Even a meth-taking 49-year old male prostitute has standards of morality, and this pastor was too much of a hypocrite for him. :laugh:

never heard of the guy.

Does he do the tv prayer stuff also?

No. He's the Senior Pastor at New Life Church in Colorado. That particular church hosts a radio show at noon on 105.1 WAVA (locally) called New Life Now. They help people deal with problems like drug abuse :doh: and abusive relatioships.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Matthew 7

This could be possible if he never had a relationship with God before. Only God knows what is in his heart. I am only saying if he was saved before then his soul doesn't need saving again.

The latest is that he went and got a message from the guy and bought meth because he was curious but threw it away.

pretty funny.

He's fessing up to only the stuff where there's physical evidence.

After they release a tape where he talks about buying drugs all of a sudden he did buy drugs. (bud didn't use them of course)

The latest is that he went and got a message from the guy and bought meth because he was curious but threw it away.

pretty funny.

After they release a tape where he talks about buying drugs all of a sudden he did buy drugs. (bud didn't use them of course)

Well I imagine they will not do their laundry for the general public to see. They will probably keep most details "in-house" so as not to cast the organization in a bad light.

pretty funny.

He would have done better to say he bought the drugs, so kids wouldn't get their hands on them.

pretty funny.

Which is interesting, because before he said he never met the guy at all.

Which is interesting, because before he said he never met the guy at all.

He'll cry in front of the camera's. talk about how the devil came after him. Talk about how he's throwing himself at god his flock will continue being duped by the guy.

This could be possible if he never had a relationship with God before. Only God knows what is in his heart. I am only saying if he was saved before then his soul doesn't need saving again.

I can show you many a verse in context that shows a believer can walk away from the faith. Many in the church are doing it now. The bible speaks very clearly of this its called the apostasy.

They help people deal with problems like drug abuse :doh: and abusive relatioships.

He was just doing "research" for his ministry. He couldn't rightfully speak about the dangers of drug abuse and gay sex without trying them, could he?

:laugh:

What a joke.

Crazy. To spend so much time criticizing a way of life you're actually involved in yourself -- guy has some issues to work out.

don't know if this guy did this or not...

but that TYPICAL behavior/ thought process of someone who's not on the 'up-n-up'

A crook never trusts a crook....

cheaters always acuse the other person....

i'm wondering if this has ben known, but maybe a little 'blackmail' is going on... or maybe he didn't take the threat of exposure seriously.....

who knows?!?!?!?!!?

Archived