Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ted Haggard, President of NEA resigns amidst gay sex allegations

monte55coleman

If he is guilty I'm glad he was exposed.

It should send a clear message to anyone in a Christian leadership position. God holds you to a higher standard and he will (as it's been shown many times before) let you fall on your face if you disgrace him.

If He is guilty. I would say that it is the love of God that exposed him. God's mercy has given him a "fall" to save his soul.

This one thing is for sure man will always let us down, but God never will!

If he was already a Christian then his soul didn't need saving.
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Matthew 7

And still people blindly follow these charlatans...and hand over their money. They are just polititians carrying a Bible...and a poor fitting tupee in most cases.

there are probably over 1 million people in christian ministry in america...

You don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Matthew 7

BINGO!

We can only hope these knuckleheads don't get in...if there is an "in". Makes you wonder whether they ever believed.

I for one hope everyone gets "in". Though there is only one way. I would not wish hell on anyone. Everyone falls far short of God's perfection. I am not in a position to say that I am no better or worse than him or anyone else for I have sinned many a times, and deserve eternal death, but for Jesus. I like to lean upon what the prophet Micah said;

Micah 7:8

8 Do not rejoice over me, my enemy;

When I fall, I will arise;

When I sit in darkness,

The LORD will be a light to me.

I don't know how many times this needs to be pointed out.

Look for the person yelling the loudest AGAINST something, then understand he's probably guilty.

Happens all the time. The preacher with the bullhorn, the guy on the committee passing the strongest laws...

its their beard.

Exactly.

If he was already a Christian then his soul didn't need saving.

a pass huh? like a get out hell free card? :laugh:

this is an interesting twist

Jones told Peter Boyles, host of a talk-radio show on KHOW-AM station, that he has recorded voice-mail messages and a letter from Haggard, and that he witnessed the pastor using methamphetamine.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4597552

Haggard's accuser fails lie detector

By Mike McPhee

Denver Post Staff Writer

Article Last Updated:11/03/2006 09:21:34 AM MST

Related

Nov 3:

The test was given to Michael Jones, 49, an admitted male prostitute, who made the allegations on the Peter Boyles Show on radio station KHOW Thursday morning.

The shocking allegations were denied by Haggard, who told KUSA-9News he never took part in a homosexual affair and had always been faithful to his wife, with whom he has 5 children.

So Boyles invited Jones to take a polygraph test at 5 a.m. this morning.

The test administrator, John Kresnik, said Jones' score indicated "deceptions" in his answers. However, Kresnik said he doubted the accuracy of the test he administered because of the recent stress on Jones and his inability to eat or sleep, according to KHOW producer Greg Hollenback.

Kresnik suggested that Jones be re-tested early next week after he was rested.

------------------------------------------------------------------

SO if it comes out that the accuser lied... what does that mean?

I admire Haggard greatly. When I first saw the name I felt I was hit with a ton of bricks. This guy has been nothing, but an "Outstanding" leader for spirit filled evangelicals.

I am glad he steped down without a fight... that shows class.

I highly doubt it is true...., but if it is I still respect him for what he has done. I will pray for him, and I thank God for His great mercy in exposing this if it is true... for the saving of his soul.

If there's no truth to it than why would he step done? Is he a complete wimp?

If someone makes a totally baseless accusation about you would you all of a sudden quit your job?

As well, he's stated there is some truth to the story.

If someone makes a totally baseless accusation about you would you all of a sudden quit your job?

Who knows? Maybe he just put it in a little bit. It happens, man.

Who knows? Maybe he just put it in a little bit. It happens, man.

Yep, or maybe he had to experience the so-called sin so he could properly speak about it.

"I don't want to do this but if I'm to lead my congregation and direct them I have to experience first hand these sins. Only by ingesting methamphetamines and engaging in anal sex for hire can I trulycondemn these actions"

Do you know how church leadership is run? Its not a regular job. If you listen to any of his leadership training... this is how they take care of issues that arise like this. It doesn't matter if you are guilty or not.

Do you know how church leadership is run? Its not a regular job. If you listen to any of his leadership training... this is how they take care of issues that arise like this. It doesn't matter if you are guilty or not.

They take care of it by saying there is some truth to the story and than step down? bizarre.

Archived