Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rivalry maybe DEAD...But not for us!!!

UnKle RUku$

Kevin Blackistone who is a columnist from the Dallas Star says that the Cowboy players are seeing this game as another win on the road and do not see this game as a rivalry but a win.

The fans definitely believes this is a rivalry back in the 80's and 90's, and especially under George Allen when he would have security guards sweep the outerbanks of the field before practicing because he thought there may have been spies for the Cowboys organization.

I dont think that the Redskins are looking at this as a rivalry as but a must win. You wont see anyone coming to the game is army fatigues like RIGGO back in the getting ready for war against the cowboys.

However, Fans like myself and my dad there is past spirit with gamefaces on come Sunday. TO me the Rivalry will never DIE, I dont care if we lose all our games as long as we beat DALLAS!!! I HATE THE DALLAS COWBOYS!!!! BEAT THE COWBOYS COME SUNDAY @ 1pm. PERIOD!

Who's behind me?!?!?! BEAT THE :pooh::pooh::pooh: out of DALLAS!!!

DALLAS SUCKS AND JERRY JONES Swallows!!!

The cowboys and their fans do not consider it a rivalry because they have hosed us for the past 6 years. We had a good run last year but until we can be dominant against them for 2 or 3 years in a row, the cowboys are still going to be sitting on their throne. F**K them COWBOYS!!

Between me and my friends who are cowgirls fans it is still a rivalry. During the Southern Miss/VT game I found a friend of mine from home. Next to him was a Cowboys fan. He and I spent the entire 4th quarter going back and forth. I ended up with about 5 other 'Skins fans egging him on.

It was nothing malicious, I've known the guy for about 7 years or so, but you would have thought the world teetered on the fate of the 'Skins/girls if you were an outsider.

I absolutely can't stand that team. Everything about them makes me sick.:dallasuck

A win would be HUGE just because it would be a WIN, but honestly beating the Cowboys wouldnt be as exciting because we still would be 3-5 with a tough road game at Philly next week AND we had two VERY exciting wins vs. Dallas last year...I think it will be tough to top the emotional high from the two 2005 Dallas wins.

Still though beating Dallas SHOULD bring our team morale way up.

The only member on this team from the days of the heated rivalry is... Joe Gibbs.

These players on both teams just do not see the rivalry because in the past years it hasn't been anything but, one-sided. What made the rivarly so great was the fact that we faced each other in games that mean something. In the past years, the only games in which we faced each other, that meant something, was games to keep our playoffs hopes alive.

Start playing each other in NFC Championship games and then you will see a renewed rivarly. In the meantime, it is just two teams playing a game for the players and it is full blown fist fight for the fans.

This rivarly, means more to the fans and not the players.

The rivalry is alive and well with the fans....at least around DC. Yeah, the teams don't share the hatred as much these days, but at the very least, they still want to win against a tough division rival.

I think it is awesome that the Cowturds consider this game a win already. That's the perfect scenario for them to overlook the Skins and get CRUSHED!!!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I dont care if we lose all our games as long as we beat DALLAS!!! !

I've never been able to understand this attitude. So you would be satisfied with a 2-14 season as long as those wins come against Dallas? That's ridiculous. I hate Dallas just as much as the next Redskins fan but I would trade that in for the reverse...

I've never been able to understand this attitude. So you would be satisfied with a 2-14 season as long as those wins come against Dallas? That's ridiculous. I hate Dallas just as much as the next Redskins fan but I would trade that in for the reverse...

I think this kind of attitude is more like IF we know are going to have a bad season, beating Dallas gives us something to hold on to. Like how their fans had bragging rights when we couldn't beat them for a couple years, even though their teams were not very good overall. IF we are gonna suck, beating Dallas at least gives us something.

But of course I would trade a win vs. Dallas for a good, playoff caliber season any day....and I think most other Skins fans would agree.

:dallasuck

I think this kind of attitude is more like IF we know are going to have a bad season' date=' beating Dallas gives us something to hold on to. Like how their fans had bragging rights when we couldn't beat them for a couple years, even though their teams were not very good overall. IF we are gonna suck, beating Dallas at least gives us something.

But of course I would trade a win vs. Dallas for a good, playoff caliber season any day....and I think most other Skins fans would agree.

:dallasuck[/quote']

Exactly how I feel, good post!

If the sentiment of the Cowboy players is true, they definitely are not working under the frame of mind that Bill Parcells carries. This game should be extremely important and dangerous to them. If they are looking past us, it's all the better FOR us.

I predicted a Cowboy victory (yet another- UGH) but I'll be screaming bloody murder for this game. :applause:

Another reason for this to be a rivialy is back in the 70's and 80's in our division with the exception of a few years here and there the Cowboys had a lock on the division...the Redskins for the most part were the only team who could stand up to them and not be intimidated. We all know no one cared about the other teams in our division...The Eagles Giants, and the Cardinals...for the most part they rolled over for the Cowboys. NOT US!!!

Anyway it's still a rivialry for me! Last year I went to a game at Fed Ex Field (from LA) and I found a shirt that says on the front "The Rivialry Returns" and on the back it says "We Want Dallas" on the back I had to have it! Furthermore... I have 4 fantasy leagues I'm a part of...last year I won the league with my team called "GIBBS GANG"

This year I'm having trouble (only in this league for some reason) I'm 0-8...(from league champ to this???) Anyway I am playing a cowboy fan who is close to the top of the league and truly I don't stand a chance...but I still talk my smack and made sure I put my WE WANT DALLAS smack up on the boards....no matter what long live the fued, and when we win Sunday in front of the 92,000 strong it will be all the more SWEETER...HAIL REDSKINS!!!!

Kevin Blackistone who is a columnist from the Dallas Star says that the Cowboy players are seeing this game as another win on the road and do not see this game as a rivalry but a win.

The fans definitely believes this is a rivalry back in the 80's and 90's, and especially under George Allen when he would have security guards sweep the outerbanks of the field before practicing because he thought there may have been spies for the Cowboys organization.

I dont think that the Redskins are looking at this as a rivalry as but a must win. You wont see anyone coming to the game is army fatigues like RIGGO back in the getting ready for war against the cowboys.

However, Fans like myself and my dad there is past spirit with gamefaces on come Sunday. TO me the Rivalry will never DIE, I dont care if we lose all our games as long as we beat DALLAS!!! I HATE THE DALLAS COWBOYS!!!! BEAT THE COWBOYS COME SUNDAY @ 1pm. PERIOD!

Who's behind me?!?!?! BEAT THE :pooh::pooh::pooh: out of DALLAS!!!

DALLAS SUCKS AND JERRY JONES Swallows!!!

What a rivalry!!!!!

11/16/97 - Cowboys 17, Redskins 14

10/04/98 - Cowboys 31, Redskins 10

12/27/98 - Cowboys 23, Redskins 7

09/12/99 - Cowboys 41, Redskins 35

10/24/99 - Cowboys 38, Redskins 20

09/18/00 - Cowboys 27, Redskins 21

12/10/00 - Cowboys 32, Redskins 13

10/15/01 - Cowboys 9, Redskins 7

12/02/01 - Cowboys 20, Redskins 14

11/28/02 - Cowboys 27, Redskins 20

12/29/02 - Redskins 20, Cowboys 14

11/02/03 - Cowboys 21, Redskins 14

12/14/03 - Cowboys 27, Redskins 0

09/27/04 - Cowboys 21, Redskins 18

12/26/04 - Cowboys 13, Redskins 10

09/19/05 - Redskins 14, Cowboys 13

12/18/05 - Redskins 35, Cowboys 7

09/17/06 - Cowboys 27, Redskins 10

That's 15-3 over the last 18.

I think not. Yes we want to beat you as much as you want to beat us; however I think it is more one sided in the rivalry scenario. Dallas fans Hate Redskin fans as much as you hate us, however the Dallas Cowboys football team has way more difficult foe then the Redskins. No hate, just stating facts....

If the sentiment of the Cowboy players is true, they definitely are not working under the frame of mind that Bill Parcells carries. This game should be extremely important and dangerous to them. If they are looking past us, it's all the better FOR us.

I predicted a Cowboy victory (yet another- UGH) but I'll be screaming bloody murder for this game. :applause:

You are right. BP calls this a trap game. I sincerely doubt any of the players are looking past you guys at your place. No way, you will come out fighting and they know this. Any given Sunday

12/29/02 - Redskins 20, Cowboys 14

That's 15-3 over the last 18.

I think not. Yes we want to beat you as much as you want to beat us; however I think it is more one sided in the rivalry scenario. Dallas fans Hate Redskin fans as much as you hate us, however the Dallas Cowboys football team has way more difficult foe then the Redskins. No hate, just stating facts....

Hehe, you lost to a college team back in '02. :laugh:

I think all skins fans should watch this video and get fired up about this weekend.

Repeat of game 2 last year!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4301576137761460251

You all say the past is the past....so let it die. Why don't you all watch vidoe of the game this year, and send suggestions to Gibbs how to stop us. Romo sits to pee adds a new wrinkle ...

Honestly...give me a score?

Let's be honest, the Cowboys have every right to feel like this is going to be an easy home win for them. Have you seen our defense??? The rivalry is alive and well and always will be with the fans, but today's NFL players don't seem to have the passion and fire when it comes to totally despising a team like the teams under Allen and Gibbs I.

IF we win, it will be huge for the fans and the players, but, for the players, it will mostly just be about finally getting another win this season.

Archived