Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defense wins Championships

Robbnva

Should Derrick Dockery be resigned?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Should Derrick Dockery be resigned?

• Resign Derrick Dockery
    • Let Derrick Dockery explore FA; Sign a stud LG (Steinbach or Manuwai)
    • Let Derrick Dockery explore FA; Sign a cheaper LG or draft a LG

Remeber this prase that has been used over and over again. It doesn't matter how good your quarterback you aren't going to be completely successful team if your Defense can't stop the run, can't give you good field position, can't stop 20+ pass plays (redskins leads the league in giving up 20+ yard plays).

Don't believe me? Ask Mr. Manning yeah Peyton. He is one of the best QB's in the NFL, Future Hall of Famer, etc but their defense has been horrible and they haven't been able to win the big game.

QB is the easiest position to blame because they are the most visible but you don't know the whole story. You don't know what plays are called, you don't know how to scan a pass rush to tell how close you are about to be sacked while trying to look at 3 & 4 receivers to see who to throw to and not throw an Interception.

Redskins have a lot of problems this year and Injury has really hurt the whole team especially on Defense which has left rookies to fill in.

Calls for Campbell are understanable on this board because QB controversy always looms in Washington.

Yup Yup but if our defense isnt on that level this year, let the young kid take his lumps and learn the offense, then fill in the wholes on defense and make a run at the championsip next year. I agree 100% that you need a good D to get anywhere in this league but this year its just not happening.

Our defense is on the field way to long. I offense is not converting on 3rd downs. The O is not controling the clock with and effective run game and offensive game plan. When the defense is on the field 40 min of the game. What the hell do you expect them to do! BEST DEFENSE IS A GOOD OFFENSE!!!!!!

This saying is definitely true but it tends to be overused, especially now to excuse Brunell's 'performance'. However, no matter how good your defense is you still need to score points and keep the defense fresh by sustaining drives that go more than 3 and out.

Yup Yup but if our defense isnt on that level this year, let the young kid take his lumps and learn the offense, then fill in the wholes on defense and make a run at the championsip next year. I agree 100% that you need a good D to get anywhere in this league but this year its just not happening.

QFT

AMEN to the subject even without reading you message. Thanks for writing...

Remeber this prase that has been used over and over again. It doesn't matter how good your quarterback you aren't going to be completely successful team if your Defense can't stop the run, can't give you good field position, can't stop 20+ pass plays (redskins leads the league in giving up 20+ yard plays).

Don't believe me? Ask Mr. Manning yeah Peyton. He is one of the best QB's in the NFL, Future Hall of Famer, etc but their defense has been horrible and they haven't been able to win the big game.

QB is the easiest position to blame because they are the most visible but you don't know the whole story. You don't know what plays are called, you don't know how to scan a pass rush to tell how close you are about to be sacked while trying to look at 3 & 4 receivers to see who to throw to and not throw an Interception.

Redskins have a lot of problems this year and Injury has really hurt the whole team especially on Defense which has left rookies to fill in.

Calls for Campbell are understanable on this board because QB controversy always looms in Washington.

I take Offense to our Offense!! Another great saying is "The best Defense is an Attacking Offense"...think we'll ever get there with the PlowHorse behind Center???

Who said that? No doubt the architect of the "Run and Shoot" offense...

This is total crap. Why is Chicago the best team in the NFL and not Indy? B/c their defense is rediculous. Their offense is OK, above average talent. The offense looks GREAT because their defense and teams are so complimentary.

Very true and the Ravens superbowl run proves it.

I'm so glad you brought that up !!!!:cheers: .. The year they won the superbowl their offense went 5 games with out scoring a touchdown for those who still do not believe it's the defense I have no idea what they are looking at.

Another point a couple of weeks Chicago Bears stunk it up offensively who bailed them out their defense and they won a game that they probably shouldn't have won. Our defense can't do that no matter how our offense play we can not depend on the defense because they plain and simple can't stop anyone probably not even a pop warner team :laugh: :mad:

Very true and the Ravens superbowl run proves it.

Would the Ram first superbowl run with Kurt Warner prove the reverse?

These days I think anything is possible if you are awesome on one side of the ball or the other. It's all in how the teams match up to their opponents in the playoffs.

My :2cents:

Would the Ram first superbowl run with Kurt Warner prove the reverse?

These days I think anything is possible if you are awesome on one side of the ball or the other. It's all in how the teams match up to their opponents in the playoffs.

My :2cents:

No. The Rams had a good defense that year. Not great, but no 26th overall!!!

No. The Rams had a good defense that year. Not great, but no 26th overall!!!

26th is the scraping the bottom out of 32 teams. Not even average on defense. The funny part was that their offense was so good that year that it just didn't matter. No one could keep up.

Our defense is on the field way to long. I offense is not converting on 3rd downs. The O is not controling the clock with and effective run game and offensive game plan. When the defense is on the field 40 min of the game. What the hell do you expect them to do! BEST DEFENSE IS A GOOD OFFENSE!!!!!!

That is what an Al Saunders offense does. Explosive plays, mixed with a bunch of 3 and outs. We knew that... or at least we should've. I just honestly though, as I'm sure our coaches did, that our Defense would be able to get us all those 3 and outs that we've been so accustomed to seeing and that would give our Offense more plays which means more opportunities to score, all while our Defense doesn't have to stay on the field too long cuz of the 3 and outs they're causing.

Alas, that has not happened and we have seen way too many teams kill us on ten+ play drives. That is how we lose. We remove those, we win a lot more games honestly.

I get excited everytime our offense is on the field. Yeah, sometimes we look horrible, but really... there's big play potential every time we snap the ball. It's happened a lot this season already. I feel we have had more big plays on offense this year than last and we're only half way through. Really. Last year we controlled the clock a little better and played more of a field position game... but if our defense can stop the other team on third down we're good to go.

I hope our D returns back to form. I really do. I have faith in our offense.

Archived