Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defense wins Championships

Robbnva

Should Derrick Dockery be resigned?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Should Derrick Dockery be resigned?

• Resign Derrick Dockery
    • Let Derrick Dockery explore FA; Sign a stud LG (Steinbach or Manuwai)
    • Let Derrick Dockery explore FA; Sign a cheaper LG or draft a LG

Average score is about 19.8

Score more on offense you win / Hold them to less on defense you win......

If you are average in the other parts of the game

So.......

Offense not doing it, Vikings, Giants

Defense not doing it, Jaguars, Titans, Colts

Both not doing it, Cowgirls

Its about even given we beat the Jags.

I love Football because its a team sport.......but

Lately its on the defense

Let's just say that you need to be good on both sides of the ball and have solid ST to go to the SB. Not every team that has won the SB has had the '85 Bears or the '02 Ravens D. Nor has every team that won a SB had the '00 Rams or the '91 Redskins offense.

I agree. There have been a handful of teams that had a good D and won, but for the majority the teams were good in all 3 phases.

I'm so glad you brought that up !!!!:cheers: .. The year they won the superbowl their offense went 5 games with out scoring a touchdown for those who still do not believe it's the defense I have no idea what they are looking at.

For the games that they won (since in losing it wouldn't matter)... 2 games without a TD.

Remeber this prase that has been used over and over again. It doesn't matter how good your quarterback you aren't going to be completely successful team if your Defense can't stop the run, can't give you good field position, can't stop 20+ pass plays (redskins leads the league in giving up 20+ yard plays).

Don't believe me? Ask Mr. Manning yeah Peyton. He is one of the best QB's in the NFL, Future Hall of Famer, etc but their defense has been horrible and they haven't been able to win the big game.

QB is the easiest position to blame because they are the most visible but you don't know the whole story. You don't know what plays are called, you don't know how to scan a pass rush to tell how close you are about to be sacked while trying to look at 3 & 4 receivers to see who to throw to and not throw an Interception.

Redskins have a lot of problems this year and Injury has really hurt the whole team especially on Defense which has left rookies to fill in.

Calls for Campbell are understanable on this board because QB controversy always looms in Washington.

Peyton is the best QB in the league and if they had a defense, he'd have a SB ring for each finger by now.

Peyton is the best QB in the league and if they had a defense, he'd have a SB ring for each finger by now.

True but their moving in the right direction, Washington was a big loss to that defense, players like June, McFarland, Doss, Sanders and Harper. Harper has the most exp. in their secondary being the league 6 years and the rest are fairly young.

Defense wins championships. But you still need an offense to get to the playoffs. We don't have an offense under Brunell.

We have an offense with Brunell and we will have one without. If the defense were able to provide us some sort of hope when they are on the field the offense could produce more. What happens when one team dominbates a game on offense, the losing team plays catch up by throwiong more passes and trying to make big plays happen and that usually causes players to over think things and try too hard, which causes dropped balls, fumbnles and Interceptions(which we have not had that much of).

If our Defense could create a turnover in a game do you know what that would do for our offense. It would get them pumped and we could probably make some big plays.

I'm so glad you brought that up !!!!:cheers: .. The year they won the superbowl their offense went 5 games with out scoring a touchdown for those who still do not believe it's the defense I have no idea what they are looking at.

Well when dilfer left how many times have they made the playoffs? ZERO. We all know they have been looking for a real qb to compliment the D. Now that they have one they are what 5-2. Their team looks re-energized because now they believe they have a shot. With Boller, no emotion, with Mcnair they have confidence. Looks like we could use some of that confidence that good qb's give their teams.

As does a good offense. A good offense is a great defense.

When the offense puts up a ton of points ... the defense has an opportunity to blitz, and gamble.

Defense alone doesn't win championship. You need a balanced team to win the superbowl.

Here's a quick fix...or at least an attempt..

Move Daniels back to RDE..Switch out Carter and Wynn at LDE.

1. We know Philip Daniels excelled on the right side last season.

2. Carter can't really do no worse on the left can he? If so, go back to Wynn then at least we'd be strong against the run.

3. This also automatically helps the run game because no more going at Carter and Holdman. Marcus Washington backs up Carter and Daniels strengthens the right side.

Hey what do I know I'm only a fan.....

Who said that? No doubt the architect of the "Run and Shoot" offense...

This is total crap. Why is Chicago the best team in the NFL and not Indy? B/c their defense is rediculous. Their offense is OK, above average talent. The offense looks GREAT because their defense and teams are so complimentary.

Thank you for actually taking the time to understand the FACTS, rather than just try using the easy scapegoat that most people around here do. Is Brunell the best QB in the league? No. Does he do his job and manage the game? Yes. And he does it much better than Tony Banks and Trent Dilfer did in the Ravens superbowl season.

Thank you for actually taking the time to understand the FACTS, rather than just try using the easy scapegoat that most people around here do. Is Brunell the best QB in the league? No. Does he do his job and manage the game? Yes. And he does it much better than Tony Banks and Trent Dilfer did in the Ravens superbowl season.

Jamal Lewis also had a hell of a season. Effectively moving the sticks and keeping the offense on the field. This same time they had priest Holmes to

Lewis

2000 Baltimore Ravens 16 13 309 1364 4.4 45 6 8 62

Holmes

2000 Baltimore Ravens 16 2 137 588 4.3 21 2 2 38

Combined they had 1952 yards on 446 carries for a 4.4 avg. and 100 first downs.

They got a first down every 4.5 touches thats pretty damn effective in keeping the defense fresh.

Facts sir just the facts

Archived