Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sage Rosenfels

Robbnva

Anyone think he will replace Carr permanantly?

IIRC, Sage has done well every time he's stepped into a game situation.

If I had to guess, there is something about Sage's practice habits or attitude or SOMETHING that is making coaches decide to keep him on the bench. Because he's shown flashes in gametime situations everywhere he's gone.

Maybe he only performs well under game time pressure? :whoknows:

You have to wonder if Carr wants to get the heck out of Houston. He certainly has potential, but the Texans haven't given him too much to work with.

Common misconception about Carr.

He's not a good quarterback. Everyone has blamed the Texans' record on everything except him. While there might be a little truth to a lot of it... fact is, when you're consistently not competitive, its the QB. I've never understood why Carr gets a free pass. His release is terrible, his footwork is average, and his decision making is attrocious.

You have to wonder if Carr wants to get the heck out of Houston. He certainly has potential, but the Texans haven't given him too much to work with.

yeah, but Carr knows no one will really give him much of a shot at starter. The Raiders, Bucs, Bills, Dolphins may, but they all have younger guys as well anyways.

I think the Texans will be good at some point, obviously they should have drafted Reggie Bush, but who's to say that he would have done better than Domanick Davis had he stayed healthy? You cannot factor injuries into free agency, Davis would probably have helped out their game more than people give credit for.

He's not a good quarterback. Everyone has blamed the Texans' record on everything except him. While there might be a little truth to a lot of it... fact is, when you're consistently not competitive, its the QB. I've never understood why Carr gets a free pass. His release is terrible, his footwork is average, and his decision making is attrocious.

No one can tell if he is any good because the Texans have alomost made it a point to not upgrade his O-line. It is hard to throw the ball while laying on your back.

I think saying he's not a good quarterback is a bit of a stretch, but I also agree, he probably gets a bigger free pass than most do.

But you can't dismiss his quarterback rating. Wasn't he highest in the league coming into this week?

No one can tell if he is any good because the Texans have alomost made it a point to not upgrade his O-line. It is hard to throw the ball while laying on your back.

Why is it that the Cowboy's Oline looks like the worst in the league with Bledsoe behind center, and all of a sudden they are a juggernaut with Romo sits to pee? Not to mention going against one of the best front 4 in football last night.

I'll say it again... Carr has gotten a free pass. Fans point to the Oline, the RB, the D... EVERYTHING, except Carr.

Trust me, Carr will go somewhere else, and THAT team's Oline will all of a sudden start to struggle. Or maybe not. Maybe the coach there will realize that he doesn't have an NFL QB behind center... and pull him.

I think saying he's not a good quarterback is a bit of a stretch, but I also agree, he probably gets a bigger free pass than most do.

But you can't dismiss his quarterback rating. Wasn't he highest in the league coming into this week?

That is a decent point... however I've never been one for ratings. Plays like Romo sits to pee made last night... scrambling those 3 yards to keep drives alive, making the throws to the CORRECT receiver, not the easy completion... and most importantly, getting rid of the ball instead of taking the sack...

these are some of the most important factors at the QB position, none of which show up in the QB Rating stat.

Give me a Tom Brady or a Ben Roethlisburger (although not since his accident, lol) over a Peyton Manning any day of the week. I want a GAMER behind center, not a fantasy football QB.

I've never been one for ratings.

these are some of the most important factors at the QB position, none of which show up in the QB Rating stat.

I definetely think you're on to something there. People pay attention to stats WAY too much. Stats can be skewed like anything else.

Give me a Tom Brady or a Ben Roethlisburger (although not since his accident, lol) over a Peyton Manning any day of the week. I want a GAMER behind center, not a fantasy football QB.

Up to this point, I was willing to read your posts, but then this single statment shatter any respect I had for you. Tom Brady over Peyton Manning? This is a stretch, but you can justify it. But you would rather have Ben Roethlisburger over Peyton Manning any day of the week? Come up with any argument you want, but you will NEVER justify Big Ben being better than Manning.:doh:

Why is it that the Cowboy's Oline looks like the worst in the league with Bledsoe behind center, and all of a sudden they are a juggernaut with Romo sits to pee? Not to mention going against one of the best front 4 in football last night.

I'll say it again... Carr has gotten a free pass. Fans point to the Oline, the RB, the D... EVERYTHING, except Carr.

Trust me, Carr will go somewhere else, and THAT team's Oline will all of a sudden start to struggle. Or maybe not. Maybe the coach there will realize that he doesn't have an NFL QB behind center... and pull him.

...[/quote

but the Houstons Oline has been atrocois for yrs well ever since theycame into the league. But I wouldnt be surprised if thats a major upgraded unit next year with The coach they have now.

Wow, Sage threw for 186 yards and 3 TD's in less than a half!

That's more yards than Brunell had in three of his complete game starts.

Brunell only has 7 TD tosses in seven complete games

Another squandered 4th rounder :doh:

Did he leave as a free agent or did we trade him for someone or something?

Did he leave as a free agent or did we trade him for someone or something?

No, the Dark Ages hit!

He was drafted in the 4th round by Marty Schottenheimer. The following year Danny Boy fired him and brought in Spurrior. Spurrior (I believe) cut Sage and brought in his own three QB's. They included Danny Wuerffel, Shane Matthews and first round pick Patrick Ramsey. Spurrior ruined Ramsey making Sage the best of the group!

Sage never had a chance with Dan Snyder trying to win now and spent all that money on those free agents. He also wanted the 'gunslinger' Jeff George to be the QB, which put Sage as number 3. Then Spurrier let him go because he brought in his guys. Sage went to Miami because that was where Norv Turner was. So being in Houston might be his opportunity to start.

Archived