Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sorry, but more for you guys to worry about

ELCHALJE

If the Giants, who are on a roll with consecutive wins over Skinz in NY and on the road in Atlanta, beat Dallas in Big D Monday, watch out. Giants would be 3-0 in NFC East, and 4-1 in the NFC.

Worse yet, at least for Skinz fans, Giants face Tampa bay and Houston in the Meadowlands the following two games. Giants 6-2 a very real possibility pending Monday night in Dallas.

If the Giants, who are on a roll with consecutive wins over Skinz in NY and on the road in Atlanta, beat Dallas in Big D Monday, watch out. Giants would be 3-0 in NFC East, and 4-1 in the NFC.

Worse yet, at least for Skinz fans, Giants face Tampa bay and Houston in the Meadowlands the following two games. Giants 6-2 a very real possibility pending Monday night in Dallas.

This thread should be titled "Giant fan subtly rubbing Skins noses into the dirt".

Why the leading threads? :whoknows:

I am not worrying.

The Skins had a better divisonal record last year but, still were dicked out of the divison crown.

It's amazing that a better overall win-loss record could have dicked the Redskins out of the NFC East title, what with our superior NFC East and overall NFC win-loss record.

It's amazing that a better overall win-loss record could have dicked the Redskins out of the NFC East title, what with our superior NFC East and overall NFC win-loss record.

I agree.

If you are going to crown a divisonal 'champion' and give them special treatment in the playoffs ( i.e. a home game) then what is the point in worrying about the divisonal record? Sure, IF there is a tie then that MAY come into effect...

Perhaps last year was one of those fluke years that the divisional champ did not have the better record amongst their fellow division-mates and that is why it was never really addressed before?

It just seems funny how the divison record would be secondary when it truly is a big deal.

I agree.

If you are going to crown a divisonal 'champion' and give them special treatment in the playoffs ( i.e. a home game) then what is the point in worrying about the divisonal record? Sure, IF there is a tie then that MAY come into effect...

Perhaps last year was one of those fluke years that the divisional champ did not have the better record amongst their fellow division-mates and that is why it was never really addressed before?

It just seems funny how the divison record would be secondary when it truly is a big deal.

Sorry, Praise.

I didn't know where you were coming from and I was being sarcastic.

But I do think an overall record deserves the divisional crown. :2cents:

You have a point. Plus Tiki is retiring at season's end, so the team will probably try and give him a "Bettis" exit out of the league. I see the Giants probably running things in the division, but to be real, they are not winning the super bowl.

The Tiki statement may well have been made just to modivate his team for that very reason.

Sorry, Praise.

I didn't know where you were coming from and I was being sarcastic.

But I do think an overall record deserves the divisional crown. :2cents:

I figured that you were but, I still agree with what you typed. :silly:

If that were the case.. then, don't you think that they should play the EXACT same opponents during the season?

I figured that you were but, I still agree with what you typed. :silly:

If that were the case.. then, don't you think that they should play the EXACT same opponents during the season?

Not really. Even if they did, would you make them play the exact same opponents at home and away?

I'm amazed at how schedules are coordinated as they are. I can't imagine having to add in location of common opponents into the equation.

I don't know of any sport that has a perfectly level playing field.

Not really. Even if they did, would you make them play the exact same opponents at home and away?

I'm amazed at how schedules are coordinated as they are. I can't imagine having to add in location of common opponents into the equation.

I don't know of any sport that has a perfectly level playing field.

I can understand that. My point was that if the overall win/loss record is going to determine the divisonal champ.. wouldn't it be better to just not have a division? If someone has a tough divison where 9 wins can make the playoffs while another divison requires 11 wins and the team following them with 10 wins has a chance to not make the playoffs? That just doesn't make sense. It has been that way for a while and there is next to 0% chance in it changing.. I just think it does need to be shaken up a bit.

Archived