Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sorry, but more for you guys to worry about

ELCHALJE

I can understand that. My point was that if the overall win/loss record is going to determine the divisonal champ.. wouldn't it be better to just not have a division? If someone has a tough divison where 9 wins can make the playoffs while another divison requires 11 wins and the team following them with 10 wins has a chance to not make the playoffs? That just doesn't make sense. It has been that way for a while and there is next to 0% chance in it changing.. I just think it does need to be shaken up a bit.

I think that would be equitable compensation for playing in a tougher division.

The bigger inequity I see is a strong team in a weak division padding its conference record for home field advantage by playing its weaker divisional opponents twice.

Still, I like the rivialries created by the division format and wouldn't want to give up membership in the NFC East for anything. Therefore, I'll take the tradeoff of the relatively remote possibility that a divisional champ can oust a non-divisional champ with a better overall win-loss record.

If the Giants, who are on a roll with consecutive wins over Skinz in NY and on the road in Atlanta, beat Dallas in Big D Monday, watch out. Giants would be 3-0 in NFC East, and 4-1 in the NFC.

Worse yet, at least for Skinz fans, Giants face Tampa bay and Houston in the Meadowlands the following two games. Giants 6-2 a very real possibility pending Monday night in Dallas.

We need to worry about beating the colts. who cares what other teams in our division are doing or what their record might be. If we dont win this game we wont have to worry about the other teams in our division cus at 2 - 5 we wont be seeing the post season.

If the Giants, who are on a roll with consecutive wins over Skinz in NY and on the road in Atlanta, beat Dallas in Big D Monday, watch out. Giants would be 3-0 in NFC East, and 4-1 in the NFC.

Worse yet, at least for Skinz fans, Giants face Tampa bay and Houston in the Meadowlands the following two games. Giants 6-2 a very real possibility pending Monday night in Dallas.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

I actually agree. The Giants, in my opinion, look like the team to beat in the division. We'll find out more on Monday night I think. I'm definately rooting for NY in that one.

Now let's move this to the NFL forum where it belongs.

Archived