Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell will start against Dallas (I Say)

Riggins Seventy Chip

I don't think Joe is protecting Brunell as much as he is protecting Campbell. He doesn't want to give Campbell his first start against an undefeated team on the road. Joe will give him two weeks to practice and prepare for our home game. Obviously, he can't come out and say this directly, but he must see that Brunell can't get it done anymore and that putting Campbell in will allow us to compete in 2007. I think this happens even if we win, barring a complete return to form by Brunell. Don't be surprised if, in order to protect Brunell, the stated reason for a Campbell start is a Brunell injury. Mark my words.

Yeah, I agree. I think that if we lose this game against Indy, Campbell will start. If we win, Brunell gets the job for a few more weeks. You see, its a win-win situation for us, if we win, we improve to 3-4, if we lose, Campbell will likely get his first NFL start against Dallas.

I'm telling you right now, if we lose and Brunell is still the starting quarterback when we face Dallas, I will lose all respect for Gibbs. And I was only 3 years old when Gibbs last led us to a super bowl, so I have the right to lose respect for the man, what have you done for me lately Joe?

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I actually hope what you say is true. Above all, I want the Redskins win - no matter what! But I think Brunell can't take us to the playoffs. Therfore, I want brunell to get hurt, collins to win us the game, and campbell to lead us to a W in dallas and off to the playoffs!

By the time Campbell starts I will have given up all hope in this team. It will probably be the only reason I watch the team at that point...to see if we have a future with the kid! Sorry, it wont be Dallas...it wont be until we are mathematically out of it (Unfortunately).

Yeah, I agree. I think that if we lose this game against Indy, Campbell will start. If we win, Brunell gets the job for a few more weeks. You see, its a win-win situation for us, if we win, we improve to 3-4, if we lose, Campbell will likely get his first NFL start against Dallas.

I'm telling you right now, if we lose and Brunell is still the starting quarterback when we face Dallas, I will lose all respect for Gibbs. And I was only 3 years old when Gibbs last led us to a super bowl, so I have the right to lose respect for the man, what have you done for me lately Joe?

LOL, that was my good laugh for the day. :laugh: I feel you little man. :applause:

I actually hope what you say is true. Above all, I want the Redskins win - no matter what! But I think Brunell can't take us to the playoffs. Therfore, I want brunell to get hurt, collins to win us the game, and campbell to lead us to a W in dallas and off to the playoffs!

You want Brunell to get hurt? Were you one of the douche bags booing us at the Titans game?

Even if we lose against the Colts, I don't think Gibbs would start an unexperienced QB against our most hated rivals. I think Brunell starts against the Cowboys. Now if Brunell plays like **** in the Cowboys game(btw which is on my Bday) 1. I will put out a hit on MB...and 2. Campbell will jump in next game.

I don't think we should say things like "put a hit on Brunell". Come on. Let's take it easy here. I personally think that Brunell is a good old QB, but just doesn't have the arm anymore and is too tentative right now. He would be a good mentor / #2 QB for the kid. I certainly don't wish him injury. I believe that Joe will pull him after the next game. Joe is letting himself take heat right now, sacrificing for his players as he ALWAYS has done. He must see the whole picture for himself.

I don't think we should say things like "put a hit on Brunell". Come on. Let's take it easy here. I personally think that Brunell is a good old QB, but just doesn't have the arm anymore and is too tentative right now. He would be a good mentor / #2 QB for the kid. I certainly don't wish him injury. I believe that Joe will pull him after the next game. Joe is letting himself take heat right now, sacrificing for his players as he ALWAYS has done. He must see the whole picture for himself.

It was just a joke, I'm cheering 100% for whomever lines up behind center!

I don't think Joe is protecting Brunell as much as he is protecting Campbell. He doesn't want to give Campbell his first start against an undefeated team on the road. Joe will give him two weeks to practice and prepare for our home game. Obviously, he can't come out and say this directly, but he must see that Brunell can't get it done anymore and that putting Campbell in will allow us to compete in 2007. I think this happens even if we win, barring a complete return to form by Brunell. Don't be surprised if, in order to protect Brunell, the stated reason for a Campbell start is a Brunell injury. Mark my words.

When I read the report of Brunell's rib injury, I couldn't help thinking that this will become the stated reason for Campbell's start in two weeks. Gibbs will use Brunell's injury as the stated reason to see Campbell in practice this week, and will use that time to scrutinize him to see if he is able to run the offense effectively. Let's see how Brunell's injury plays out.

Archived