Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Tag" now banned...

Spaceman Spiff

How did I know some ignorant person would say that.

Yea banning tag is just rediculous. Screw that, kids should riot.

Without even reading the article, if tag is being banned...it's probably wussy liberals. Minivan driving soccer moms terrified that Blake or Flynn or whatever last name is the current cool first name might get hurt. Sorry.

Personally as long as it is a local decision and not a statewide or nationwide one I have no real problem with it, other than its stupid. But I think localities should have the right to be stupid if they want to be stupid in things like this. It makes it better for the Man localities that will have to later play them in football and other sports, albiet they will definately crush everyone else in rhythmic gymnastics but thats ok.

Without even reading the article, if tag is being banned...it's probably wussy liberals. Minivan driving soccer moms terrified that Blake or Flynn or whatever last name is the current cool first name might get hurt. Sorry.

Agreed. And screw Blake and brent and Blair and Kyle. And screw his friend Tucker. **** Tucker! Tucker sucks. Did I mention that im getting real sick of Guys named Todd?

I like George Carlin too.

im a liberal and I think banning Tag is the most retarded thing ever.

If by squares you mean wussy liberals...

Memo to the illiterates: read the article before you comment.

Officials at an elementary school south of Boston have banned kids from playing tag, touch football and any other unsupervised chase game during recess for fear they'll get hurt and hold the school liable.

It's not "wussy liberals" who are to blame, it's the (ambulance-chasing) lawyers. This country has a disturbing shortage of people willing to stand up for the notion of personal responsibility. If you get hurt playing tag or two-hand touch, it's probably your own fault. This ban sends the entirely wrong message to kids of "if something bad happens, it's someone else's fault, not yours."

It's not "wussy liberals" who are to blame, it's the (ambulance-chasing) lawyers. This country has a disturbing shortage of people willing to stand up for the notion of personal responsibility. If you get hurt playing tag or two-hand touch, it's probably your own fault. This ban sends the entirely wrong message to kids of "if something bad happens, it's someone else's fault, not yours."

But that's the problem. Kids are SUPPOSED to get hurt. It's a part of growing up. You can't put kids in a stupid, sterile bubble. You have to bang your head on the asphalt and tear yourself up playing touch football. It's a frickin' right of passage.

Attorneys wouldn't be so much of a problem if the terrified, wussy parents didn't employ them for every scratch on the kid's knee.

But that's the problem. Kids are SUPPOSED to get hurt. It's a part of growing up. You can't put kids in a stupid, sterile bubble. You have to bang your head on the asphalt and tear yourself up playing touch football. It's a frickin' right of passage.

Attorneys wouldn't be so much of a problem if the terrified, wussy parents didn't employ them for every scratch on the kid's knee.

I agree very much that kids are supposed to get hurt. The frickin' rite of passage is educational and we do kids a real disservice if we deny it to them.

First it was "wussy liberals," now it is "wussy parents." :doh: Quit trying to backtrack from the fact that you didn't bother reading the article before posting and instead tried to make some comment about "liberals" that had nothing to do with the article or the thread. We'd all be better off if people would stop blaming whatever vague group they don't associate themselves with (such as "liberals") for every problem, whether or not that vague group actually has anything to do with the problem in question.

Anyway, I'm with you if by "terrified, wussy parents" you are referring to parents who refuse to assign responsibility to their kids. I definitely think these parents deserve as much blame as the lawyers and I'm sorry I failed to make that clear in my initial post. Along with the parents, I think some blame has to go to lawyers who do their best to exploit the school system (and "the system" in general) by assigning blame where none should be assigned. In the end, the school is left to try and protect itself from this blame game and exploitation, and thus we see this "no tag" garbage. In this case, here's the message of personal responsibility that parents and schools should be sending to kids: it's fine if you want to play tag, but if you get hurt, it's your fault, so learn to take care of yourself while playing.

i just heard about it on jay leno. what the **** is wrong with schools? first they get rid of dodgeball, and now TAG??? why must everything competitive be taken out of schools? without competition, there is no way to succeed *caughsatessayreferencecaugh*.

Because schools are trying to make little boys be little girls. Boys can be mean and aggressive, and that's not very nice you know

And it's already worked on the school officials, since they don't have the balls to tell the lawyers to go **** themselves

If by squares you mean wussy liberals...

So now all liberals are wussies? Funny, you disappear from here after actually learning to repsect and debate on merits, then you go right back to being the ignorant Spiff you were when you first arrived.

Still supporting Bush there Spiff? Still think Iraq is going great? Still in love with your party now that they are found supporting pedophiles?

Yea, the wussy liberals in Mass are to blame :doh: ignorance has a name, and it is spaceman today.

Because schools are trying to make little boys be little girls. Boys can be mean and aggressive, and that's not very nice you know

And it's already worked on the school officials, since they don't have the balls to tell the lawyers to go **** themselves

so true so true..

Ridiculous. Leave it to the squares in MA to ban TAG, quite possibly the greatest and most legendary kids game ever:doh:

Do people even read the stories - even when they post them? According to the article, schools in Wyoming and Washington have also banned 'tag'. But, let's not let that stop us from focusing on the wussy liberals of Mass.

Last time I checked - Wyoming is squarely in the heart of Bushland.

I agree with you somewhat in princinple, however, I don't think it has anything to do with balls. Unfortunately, whether or not the school official tells the lawyer to go **** themselves (which they should, I agree), the school will still have to face losses at the hands of a judge and jury in court. So stupid, I'll never understand how people could have so little consience and so little respect that they would sue because their kid tripped and fell playing tag and broke his arm. That's part of growing up, give me a break, what the hell happened to people taking responsibility for their actions?

So now all liberals are wussies? Funny, you disappear from here after actually learning to repsect and debate on merits, then you go right back to being the ignorant Spiff you were when you first arrived.

Still supporting Bush there Spiff? Still think Iraq is going great? Still in love with your party now that they are found supporting pedophiles?

Yea, the wussy liberals in Mass are to blame :doh: ignorance has a name, and it is spaceman today.

Haha, I disappeared only cause I was banned for 30 days for making fun of a certain poster.

I don't like Bush, but I definitely don't like Liberals and won't vote for one, although I've come to get a better understanding on some of their viewpoints.

Not all liberals are wussies, Chom, but ones who ban games like "Tag" and "Dodgeball" are. Can't hurt any of the wittle kids feeeewwwwiiiiinnnggggssss, now could we?

I agree with Sarge, they're just trying to make little boys into little girls. There's a book that came out a couple years ago that deals with this subject...Can't remember the name of it, but it was very good.

Sorry to insult the utopia of MA, but this is pretty rediculous.

Archived