Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heard at the Park - 10/18/06

Tarhog

Heard at the Park - 10/18/06

Click HERE to read today's comments by Coach Joe Gibbs

Click HERE to read today's comments from Colts Coach Tony Dungy and QB Peyton Manning

Click HERE to read today's comments by QB Mark Brunell and CB Shawn Springs

Click HERE to read today's Redskin Injury Report

Click HERE to read today's Colts Injury Report

:helmet:

"We did smart things and I think we have good football players."

Yeah, I don't think trading a pick for Duckett was smart. Nor was giving a three year deal to Troy Vincent so he can play safety on his 38th birthday. Actually, i don't think giving Archuletta, Lloyd, Carter and El $30mm contracts was smart either.

These days, I don't think Joe Gibbs can claim to have done anything that is even remotely smart.

Quite an injury report to have after a bye...Freeney, Stokley, Vinatieri

Rocky Boiman LB Knee Questionable

Dwight Freeney DE Shoulder Questionable

Gilbert Gardner LB Thumb Questionable

Kelvin Hayden DB Ankle Questionable

Marlin Jackson DB Calf Questionable

Dan Klecko DT Low Back Questionable

Ryan LaCasse DE Quadricep Questionable

Ryan Lilja G Knee Questionable

Aaron Moorehead WR Back Questionable

Montae Reagor DT Knee Questionable*

Darrell Reid DT Calf Questionable

Dominic Rhodes RB Ankle Questionable

T.J. Rushing DB Low Back Questionable

Bob Sanders S Knee Questionable*

Jeff Saturday C Low Back Questionable

Hunter Smith P Groin Questionable

Brandon Stokley WR Knee Questionable*

Josh Thomas DE Ankle Questionable

Ben Utecht TE Low Back Questionable*

Adam Vinatieri K R Groin Questionable

Terrence Wilkens WR Concussion Questionable

*Indicates missed portion of ‘team’ (11-on-11 ) practice

Quite an injury report to have after a bye...Freeney, Stokley, Vinatieri

Most of them will probably play but when I saw that I was pretty shocked. Its a good thing for them that they had a bye last week or they might not have been able to field a team. What luck we have. :laugh:

Dungy said Brunell misses open guys and is inconsitent. Dungys seen NFL game footage.

Is it just me or do you rarely see opposing coaches actually say anything that might be negative about opposing players?[/quote

He is just stating facts. :)

Its not just you, that was a pretty rare statement, I hope he regrets it. :cheers:

"We did smart things and I think we have good football players."

Yeah, I don't think trading a pick for Duckett was smart. Nor was giving a three year deal to Troy Vincent so he can play safety on his 38th birthday. Actually, i don't think giving Archuletta, Lloyd, Carter and El $30mm contracts was smart either.

These days, I don't think Joe Gibbs can claim to have done anything that is even remotely smart.

They may have given Vincent a 3 year deal but there is no way he plays past this season, unless he really perfoms. 30M contracts to all those others probably won't stick if they are not playing well and produce numbers. NFL contracts are not guaranteed so if they cut someone at the end of the season they do not get the rest of their money. If they wanted to sign somebody for 5 years 100 million with a 2 million siging bonus the only thing he is guaranteed to get is the signing bonus.

Dungy said Brunell misses open guys and is inconsitent. Dungys seen NFL game footage.

Is it just me or do you rarely see opposing coaches actually say anything that might be negative about opposing players?

You mean Dungy can see what our HOF coaching staff can't see??? AND doesn't mind mentioning it because Mark is no threat?

I dont think Dungy's remarks were negative...He preface saying Mark was sometimes inconsistent and missed guys that were open w/Mark sometimes is very accurate and everything is on the money...If he woulda just said Mark was inconsistent and missed open guys that woulda been negative...

Archived