Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rogers is Out; Griff and Big Joe Not Looking Good, Either

Hooper

Wow...just wow. It is going to take a miracle to win this game. I will be shocked...utterly shocked.

The bye week can't get here fast enough - we are a beat up team.

I cant agree more. If we win this game, I am going to be absolutly AMAZED. I just dont see anyway for our team to step up and make a huge win on the road like this. Things are getting very grim

"The chickens have come home to roost"

Somebody needs to hang that sign up in the offices at Redskins Park and definitely hang it around the neck of Gibbs,Williams and Cerrato come draft day.

You constantly ignore the defensive line in the first 3 rounds of the draft for over a decade and eventually the talent deficit catches up with you eventually.

I am trying to be optimistic, but man oh man, this ain't good.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Rogers is Out; Griff and Big Joe Not Looking Good, Either

Carlos Rogers is out for Sunday's game. His right arm was in a cast and sling and he says he will be back for Dallas game after breaking his thumb.

Talking to Griffin and Salave'a, Howard and I came away with the distinct impression they would not be playing Sunday, either. Salave'a said his calf is still a significant problem, and Griffin said his hip problem is tricky and there is a serious concern that he may play one week, then have to sit out a month or more because it gets worse.

I wouldn't count on either of them dressing at this point. Even if Griffin is somehow able to dress, it's tough to imagine him starting. We'll see if they practice or not - that starts in around 15 minutes - and my guess is the team might list both tackles as questionable again on the official injury report, but that's just a guess.

What exactly happened to Griffin? I know its his hip...but I don't recall him being injured on any specific game against the Giants

Rogers NEEDS to be back. Darrell Green played with a broken arm. There is NO reason Rogers shouldn't play.

The offense better have the game of its life Sunday because, essentially, we're you-know-what on defense! Yikes!

Yup the best defense is a good offense and certainly this week. You do not want Peyton and the crew to have their hands on the ball a lot.

lol , not like we were gonna win anyway , this is yet another injury for carlos .... 2nd year and hes been injured and just plain bad on the field .... our d-line isnt very good with the vets and we all saw how it was with the rookies last week vs tenn ...... not a good sign at all i can almost laugh at our luck at this point tho

What exactly happened to Griffin? I know its his hip...but I don't recall him being injured on any specific game against the Giants

Rogers NEEDS to be back. Darrell Green played with a broken arm. There is NO reason Rogers shouldn't play.

No Darrell didn't....he got the broken arm tackling Barry Sanders when the skins were playing the lions. he was out for 7 games!!

C.Griff and Big Joe are banged up and to make matters worst Carlos Rogers is ruled out depleting our secoundary even further right before we play the high powered colts offense which includes Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and Brandon Stokely. Any suggestions on what we should do because I am extremely worried and this has all the makings of a blowout.

C.Griff and Big Joe are banged up and to make matters worst Carlos Rogers is ruled out depleting our secoundary even further right before we play the high powered colts offense which includes Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and Brandon Stokely. Any suggestions on what we should do because I am extremely worried and this has all the makings of a blowout.

I have a suggestion. Keep the colts offense off the field. run the ball and get some 3 and outs...Red Zone offense will need to be tighter that ever. used the zone bliz...use the 3-4 defense because we have more linbackers healthy..pray Shawn Springs is close to 100%

Archived