Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rogers is Out; Griff and Big Joe Not Looking Good, Either

Hooper

I am trying to be optimistic, but man oh man, this ain't good.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Rogers is Out; Griff and Big Joe Not Looking Good, Either

Carlos Rogers is out for Sunday's game. His right arm was in a cast and sling and he says he will be back for Dallas game after breaking his thumb.

Talking to Griffin and Salave'a, Howard and I came away with the distinct impression they would not be playing Sunday, either. Salave'a said his calf is still a significant problem, and Griffin said his hip problem is tricky and there is a serious concern that he may play one week, then have to sit out a month or more because it gets worse.

I wouldn't count on either of them dressing at this point. Even if Griffin is somehow able to dress, it's tough to imagine him starting. We'll see if they practice or not - that starts in around 15 minutes - and my guess is the team might list both tackles as questionable again on the official injury report, but that's just a guess.

That's fine. Coaches have been saying that other guys will step in and make big plays in cases like these. They have been talking about rotating players before the season started. Question is: are these other guys really going to make some plays :rolleyes:? I'm kinda happy that Rogers is out. He's been catching and hitting "air" and chasing goose lately.

As others have suggested, Rogers hasn't been playing well. Also, Wright looked a bit better (except for the 4th down play he gave up) so we may be alright with Vincent coming in the fold.

Not having either of our DTs back might hurt. The good thing is that Indy isn't a strong running team, so maybe we can get by.

Jason

Archived