Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rex Grossman

Thirtyfive2seven

Some of you were putting him in the same league as Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, and others because lets face it, he was awesome in the first half of the season.

But look at him tonight. 4 INT's. It IS possible for good teams to have bad games. Who would have thought that the Bears were going to lose (ok maybe) to the Cardinals tonight?

I would have called you crazy if you said that before tonight.

With all the "We should start Campbell, look at Leinart" threads.

Take a good look at this game. Sometimes, good QB's just have BAD games where they force the ball. Mark plays smart. He doesn't force the ball and sometimes Mark has a bad game. Amazing how QB's go from Hero to Goat in a matter of .. 3 hours.

Some of you were putting him in the same league as Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, and others because lets face it, he was awesome in the first half of the season.

But look at him tonight. 4 INT's. It IS possible for good teams to have bad games. .

I'm sorry, are the BEars still 5-1 even if they lose tonight?

Oh OK, thanks.

BTW, this is Grossman's THIRTEENTH start.

How many does Guts and Smarts have?

"Take a good look at this game. Sometimes, good QB's just have BAD games where they force the ball. Mark plays smart. He doesn't force the ball and sometimes Mark has a bad game. Amazing how QB's go from Hero to Goat in a matter of .. 3 hours."

1) 2-4 this season.

3) 14-17 overall (correct me if I am off by a game or so; didn't include playoffs).

that is MB's Redskin record. some folks, I guess...just love losing!!!!!! for their sakes......by all means keep MB at the helm!

I was just about to post about him.. although this isn't his night, I'd take a BAD, HORRID, DISGUSTING Grossman over a... WAIT breaking news, Hecter just PW3ND that punt return.. as I was saying, I'd take Grossman over a SOLID one game a year Brunell anyday.. just throw the ball and take chances will you!!!

So you're now comparing a young QB who still has some growing pains to go through with a 14 year vet?

First we dumb down the offense for ole "super smart Mark" and come up with gameplans that are befitting a rookie and now he's compared with a guy making his 13th career start.

Brunell sure must be living right because he's got people making excuses for him no matter what.

That was a great game. Back to the topic. All I'm saying is that everyone was so quick to jump on the Rex is Sexy bandwagon about how good he is playing. He stunk up the joint tonight and the defense and special teams bailed him out.

sorry man, but you have failed to prove your point

Brunell's "play it safe" approach, is not gonna get us to Miami

Brunell underthrowing Moss on deep routes, is not gonna get us to Miami

Brunell only being able to play half the field, is not gonna get us to Miami

We shouldn't be comparing Rex Grossman to Mark Brunell. Grossman is allowed to have a bad game because that monster defense picks him up. Our defense is nowhere near that good.

Brunell can't turn the ball over like that and expect the Redskins to win. If Grossman shows us anything, it's what Joe Gibbs is afraid of: putting in a young QB that almost loses a game we should win.

What we can learn from the outcome of the game is this: It's not all about the QB. A game can be won with defense, special teams, and heart. I would much rather have those things than a new QB right now.

Brunell can't turn the ball over like that and expect the Redskins to win. If Grossman shows us anything, it's what Joe Gibbs is afraid of: putting in a young QB that almost loses a game we should win.

Except we WENT DOWN THAT ROAD. We don't win more with the other guy. It's not as if we have an old Elway or Favre here.

Again, we ARENT WINNING so it's kind of irrelevant that Gibbs fears a Grossman performance. One, Grossman is better than Brunell and has been since last year. Two, we aren't exactly winning with Brunell now. If he is afraid of a young QB making mistakes he can always tailor the gameplan around that. Grossman was terrible because he either refused to listen to his coaches or more likely, his team trusted him based on previous experience.

didnt Rock run 100 yards back for a TD one game?

didnt the Titans only put up 25 points this game? look man, its very simple. we paid this offseason to revamp our OFFENSE, and they should be winning us games. our defense is going through bad times but theyre still doing a strictly mediocre job. the way the Titans played this past weekend, I am kind of surprised they didnt put up 40 points. Also, have you ever considered how much more our defense is on the field than our offense...because we go 3 n out

Except we WENT DOWN THAT ROAD. We don't win more with the other guy. It's not as if we have an old Elway or Favre here.

Again, we ARENT WINNING so it's kind of irrelevant that Gibbs fears a Grossman performance. One, Grossman is better than Brunell and has been since last year. Two, we aren't exactly winning with Brunell now. If he is afraid of a young QB making mistakes he can always tailor the gameplan around that. Grossman was terrible because he either refused to listen to his coaches or more likely, his team trusted him based on previous experience.

Hey, I don't want to have to defend Gibbs here. I'm just telling you what Gibbs is afraid of and that it isn't totally irrational.

We aren't winning right now, but the season isn't completely lost yet. Brunell has looked bad a lot of the time, but he got hot for a period last year and he has looked good in spurts this year. I'll give Mark one more week. One more horrible performance, then we can give Campbell the bye week to prepare.

We can only dream of having a QB on this team who is capable of winning games with his arm. Sad thing is, sticking with Brunell is not even the bulk of what is wrong with our team and watching Campbell learn on the job won't be any better for us. Then all you will see around here is "start Brunell", "stick with the vet threads":laugh:

But look at him tonight. 4 INT's. It IS possible for good teams to have bad games. Who would have thought that the Bears were going to lose (ok maybe) to the Cardinals tonight?

I would have called you crazy if you said that before tonight.

With all the "We should start Campbell, look at Leinart" threads.

Take a good look at this game. Sometimes, good QB's just have BAD games where they force the ball. Mark plays smart. He doesn't force the ball and sometimes Mark has a bad game. Amazing how QB's go from Hero to Goat in a matter of .. 3 hours.

See, these are the stupid comments we will be hearing when Jason Campbell starts to struggle. Grossman has onyl started 13 games!!! He had a bad night. Give him a freakin break!!

Archived