Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just finished watching the titans game...

Renegade7

We don't suck, we're just not healthy. I think back to all the times we've played without Griffin in the line up and what happened. Running lanes everywhere, long throws, just straight ugly, no doubt about it. Throw in the fact we didn't have big joe and Springs didn't even start, that's just not our defense. This entire season we haven't seen the real defense, and that's because of injuries, not because we're garbage. Portis could've gotten more carries, but I know in my heart we're not this bad. Brunell made a bad pass at the end of the game, happens, gotta move on.

With our defense healthy, we'll beat the Colts next week, no dobut in my mind. We'll be able to blitz, cover, and with that comes the lack of pressure to put the game on Brunell's shoulders. He's not a Pro-bowler anymore, he's a manager. And with the entire team clicking, he can manage this team right into the playoffs. Indy's run D is a joke, 25th in the leauge last I checked, and if we go in their as a team, we will come out victorious. We have the talent, we have the coaching. Get a bye and take down Dallas at home, bam, right back at .500.

We started slow last year, and it's the same thing this year. But when the money half the of the season starts, when December comes around, we'll be on again. That's when you'll see TJ playing as well. No need to fear, no need to fret. We already have a playoff berth wrapped up. Hail...

:helmet:

Always good to hear from the rare eternal optimist.

We don't suck, we're just not healthy. I think back to all the times we've played without Griffin in the line up and what happened. Running lanes everywhere, long throws, just straight ugly, no doubt about it. Throw in the fact we didn't have big joe and Springs didn't even start, that's just not our defense. This entire season we haven't seen the real defense, and that's because of injuries, not because we're garbage. Portis could've gotten more carries, but I know in my heart we're not this bad. Brunell made a bad pass at the end of the game, happens, gotta move on.

With our defense healthy, we'll beat the Colts next week, no dobut in my mind. We'll be able to blitz, cover, and with that comes the lack of pressure to put the game on Brunell's shoulders. He's not a Pro-bowler anymore, he's a manager. And with the entire team clicking, he can manage this team right into the playoffs. Indy's run D is a joke, 25th in the leauge last I checked, and if we go in their as a team, we will come out victorious. We have the talent, we have the coaching. Get a bye and take down Dallas at home, bam, right back at .500.

We started slow last year, and it's the same thing this year. But when the money half the of the season starts, when December comes around, we'll be on again. That's when you'll see TJ playing as well. No need to fear, no need to fret. We already have a playoff berth wrapped up. Hail...

The titans run D and run offense is also a "joke."

Already have a playoff berth wrapped up huh? :laugh:

Whatever your smoking I suggest laying off.

The titans run D and run offense is also a "joke."

Already have a playoff berth wrapped up huh? :laugh:

Whatever your smoking I suggest laying off.

It's not like we can't run or throw the ball. We did it againt the jags. Scoring 22 points isn't bad. Allowing 25 is what killed us.

May I have some of whatever it is you're smoking or drinking, please and thank you? ;)

I don't care if we swapped out our squad for the Care Bears, no way you lose that game at home.

Rookie QB. 0-5 team. Worst Run-D in the league. Haynesworth is out. LenDale White is out. Drew Bennett is banged up. Playing at home.

And we got beat.

The refs didn't job us. We weren't victim of a music city miricle, they Titans lined up on offense and defense and did enough to beat us. End of story.

Does that mean we suck? No. It means we did yesterday. Who's to say what will happen going forth, but if we can't dominate a team like the Titans at home, let alone win, a fluke win here and there isn't going to sustain us.

I don't care if we swapped out our squad for the Care Bears, no way you lose that game at home.

Rookie QB. 0-5 team. Worst Run-D in the league. Haynesworth is out. LenDale White is out. Drew Bennett is banged up. Playing at home.

And we got beat.

The refs didn't job us. We weren't victim of a music city miricle, they Titans lined up on offense and defense and did enough to beat us. End of story.

Does that mean we suck? No. It means we did yesterday. Who's to say what will happen going forth, but if we can't dominate a team like the Titans at home, let alone win, a fluke win here and there isn't going to sustain us.

I never laugh out loud but that care bear comment made me.

As hard as it is to beat the Colts, Beating the Colts with Brunell at Qb at Indy is just impossible. Its obvious defenses are now keying in on what Brunell can do. Saunders really cant open up his playbook like he wants to because he doesnt have a qb who can make the throws.

actually, Gibbs teams have always had a habit of starting slow, only to go to the playoffs year after year.

Another point to note, Saunders' offense in KC had been in the top 5 for the last 4 years, but he was there 5 years. The only year it was not top 5 during that tenure was his first year there, which they were 16th.

And I agree with GoSkins, people are so afraid to be positive around here.

We have problems right now, but they're all fixable.

They could turn it around but when was the last time the team that eventually won the Super Bowl lost to the worst team in the league at home in the same season? We are 2-4 right now with 2 gimme home wins as losses and 0-2 in the division.

I no longer expect great things from this team this year. Sure, they could beat the Colts in Indy but that shows to me more than anything that they had no heart this week and last week. If they can do that then we should at least be 5-1 right now. This team is too inconsistent and looks slow and nonchalant about it this season.

Like Brunell said, this game wasn't a must win game anyway. So why should the fans even go? Let us know when the must win games start so we can go to the stadium or turn on the big screen. I guess the goal this year is to handicap ourselves with a 2-6 starting record to make it fair for the other 31 teams because we are so elite!

The botteom line is that injuries are a part of the game...you have to plan on them happening before you step onto the field and have adequate backups to fill the gaps......

Good teams find a way to win......bad teams dont.

We let what many consider the worst team in the NFL come into our house, with a rookie QB, run on us like we were a college level team, gave them a big special teams play, couldnt run w/portis, couldnt get a turn over, ect...ect.....we are a bad team....there is no other way of putting it.

I love this team....have for many many years....but we are going to get our asses kicked by Indy..........plan on 2-5 and hope for turnovers against the cowpukes.......

Hail Skins.

Archived