Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reggie Bush

tonyriggins

LOL you guys are fantastic. New Orleans is playing so far above their true level at the moment its silly. He has equal yards from scrimmage and average yards per touch as McAllister and no one calls him a bust.

As a rookie, he is playing better than some vets in this league. He will only get better next year.

Who's a bigger bust Houston's Marco Williams or N.O. Reggie Bush? The Texans get so much critizism for taking the DE before Bush. Yet Reggie hasnt done anything, avg 3.1 YPC. Nobody says it though.

The fact that all you take into account here is stats makes little to no sense. If you've ever watched a saints game, Reggie Bush is one of the SOLE reasons that offense is doing anything this season. Watch how defenses key in on him on EVERY play. Watch the replay of last nights Total Access and they go into detail about it as well.

Who's a bigger bust Houston's Marco Williams or N.O. Reggie Bush? The Texans get so much critizism for taking the DE before Bush. Yet Reggie hasnt done anything, avg 3.1 YPC. Nobody says it though.

You don't actually watch football do you?

Teams are terrified of Bush on offense and it's creating opportunities all over the place for the Saints.

Oh...and he won the game last week with a punt return.

Yea...quite a bust.

Jeebus anyone who says Reggie Bush is having a lousy season is on crack.

no body says it because reggie bush has been terrific and u sir are so wrong

I wouldn't say Bush is having a lousy season, but he certainly isn't lighting it up so to speak. Still doing tons more than Williams though. But as a rookie RB I expected a little more from Bush so far. His punt return for a TD was more of a great blocking than amazing moves. He just pretty much dodged/stiff armed one guy and then got great blocking and ran straight in the endzone. His rushing abilities have been what I predicted though, not very impressive. However, he will only get better and once he stops trying to do his college moves on NFL players and just taking the 1-3 yard gains instead of creative losses he will get much better. Right now he reminds me of Westbrook, great catching skills and decent rushing skills. Time will tell.

His career is very early and we dont know what will happen, but to hear all the hype about him before the draft you would think he would have walked into the NFL as the best RB. I wondered if he might be overrated, USC was very talented and you know that helped him look better.

Not so sure what the thread starters agenda is with this thread but apparently they havent been watching football. The guy is all over the place every Sunday. He is the only guy in the league who gets tripple covered on a flat pattern leaving a pro bowl receiver in Joe Horn wide open 15 yards behind him. Please watch the Saints play before making an idiotic thread comparing him to Mario Williams.

Here's some of the Bush hype that pissed me off in SI's Eagles/Saints preview:

"Philadelphia's version of Bush is Brian Westbrook , whose 126.5 yards from scrimmage per game ranks third in the NFL."

He's our version of Reggie Bush?:doh: Shouldn't it be the other way around? Bush has played all of 5 games in the NFL and is yet to score an offensive TD, yet Westbrook is our Bush. What a showing of total disrespect towards Westy.

"Philadelphia's version of Bush is Brian Westbrook , whose 126.5 yards from scrimmage per game ranks third in the NFL."

He's our version of Reggie Bush?:doh: Shouldn't it be the other way around? Bush has played all of 5 games in the NFL and is yet to score an offensive TD, yet Westbrook is our Bush. What a showing of total disrespect towards Westy.

Its funny I hadn't seen that before I posted last time about Bush being like Westbrook. Glad someone else sees it. Although your right it should be the other way around as Westbrook has proven himself more than Bush. I just hate the Bush hype. He didn't live up to it, not yet at least. I don't even think hes been the best back out in the last couple years. Hes still got plenty of time though. Hes been good, but not his hype good.

:laugh: Bush is like Westy times 2, or he will be anyways, sooner rather than later. The Eagles are gonna have a hell of a time trying to shut down Bush, when he won't have the ball he'll be watched still, he's pretty much a playmaker and the perfect decoy for the Saints

Its funny I hadn't seen that before I posted last time about Bush being like Westbrook. Glad someone else sees it. Although your right it should be the other way around as Westbrook has proven himself more than Bush. I just hate the Bush hype. He didn't live up to it, not yet at least. I don't even think hes been the best back out in the last couple years. Hes still got plenty of time though. Hes been good, but not his hype good.
I was reading some threads on a Saints MB earlier this week and they were posting things like "Westbrook couldn't hold Bush's jockstrap." Absolutely ridicuolus.:doh: I hope to God B West burns them this Sunday.

:laugh: Bush is like Westy times 2, or he will be anyways, sooner rather than later. The Eagles are gonna have a hell of a time trying to shut down Bush, when he won't have the ball he'll be watched still, he's pretty much a playmaker and the perfect decoy for the Saints
Perhaps he will be, but he isn't yet. Until proven other wise Bush is their Westbrook, not the other way around.

Reggie Bush is dynamite. To label him a bust is just dumb. In fact, labeling any rookie a bust this early is idiotic, but to call the league leader in receptions and a player that can change the game every time he touches the ball.....well, i dont know what that is.

Westbrook cannot hold Bush's jockstrap. Just wait until he gets a full grasp of the offensive system in NO. I would take Reggie in a heartbeat.

I think bush is all hyped up.

Ok he leads the league in receptions... at what 7-8 yards a reception? He is avg 3 ypc. He had a punt return for a td.

Did anyone even begin to think that maybe the Saints are a pretty good now because they have one of the best QB's in the League on their team now?

Mario Williams won the game verse miami with 1 1/2 sacks, and knocked a pass down in the end zone in the final few seconds of that game that would have given miami the win.

So right now if you want to go off who won games for the team its even.

Is a 3rd down back worth the #1 pick? I hope it doesn't turn out that way.

I think bush is all hyped up.

Ok he leads the league in receptions... at what 7-8 yards a reception? He is avg 3 ypc. He had a punt return for a td.

Did anyone even begin to think that maybe the Saints are a pretty good now because they have one of the best QB's in the League on their team now?

Mario Williams won the game verse miami with 1 1/2 sacks, and knocked a pass down in the end zone in the final few seconds of that game that would have given miami the win.

So right now if you want to go off who won games for the team its even.

Is a 3rd down back worth the #1 pick? I hope it doesn't turn out that way.

I find it simply amazing that quite a few people can't acknowledge true talent. First of all, the Saints had the #2 pick, and with a perfectly capable RB in Deuce Mcallister, why wouldn't they break Bush in a little bit at a time? Bush definetly not all hype, and honestly I don't think Mario Williams is either for that matter. Just watch the season progress and watch Bush progress, it'll be exciting to see. Soon enough he'll be carrying that team on his shoulders

Archived