Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reggie Bush

tonyriggins

From an admitted Saints fan:

Bush has been part of the reason why the Saints are 4-1 now. Yes, alot has to do with Brees and coaching. But although he doesn't have an offensive TDs, he has picked up respectable yardage, and kept drives alive by converting third downs. Like Michael Vick, its hard for some people to accept that Bush is not a conventional back. Yet like Vick he helps his team win.

In truth, I have been somewhat disappointed in Bush's rushing. But unlike some others, I am willing to give it more time. Though it is normal for a back to produce (at least on the ground) his rookie year, that has not been the case for every great back. For example, Ladianian Tomlinson and Walter Payton only averaged 3.5-3.6 their rookie years.

I have Bush on my fantasy team this year... so far (with last week the exception), he has pretty much sucked ass.

And he has NOT revitalized the Saints this year, so please stop saying that. Drew Brees has revitalized the Saints. Please people, try to actually watch the games, and stop drinking the media koolaid.

That said, I think Bush is going to be an outstanding player in this league. He has been slowed by an ankle injury, and I think he is still adjusting his style to the pro game. I think he'll have to be a little more physical and a little less "finesse"... but he'll learn.

He's an outstanding talent.

Oh yah... Mario Williams is a scrub... that much I do know. Worst #1 pick ever.

More people need to be talking about the wideout Colston. He is going to be an amazing receiver. To be such a late round find and to come in and do what he has done is flat out amazing.

I think a lot of people have been talking about him. Anyways stop saying its just Brees. Thats rediculious. Sure hes a large part, but if Haslett were still coaching there, chances are they wouldn't be 4-1. Its a team game, they have 20+ new players, including Brees, and a brand new coaching staff. Thats why they are improved. Not just Brees. That and they have had a lightish schedule so far. Its still early.

reggie is far from a bust, but if he makes the probowl im starting the brian westbrook for the HOF campaign, and im not even an eagles fan

awaahh? wth? If he ever makes the probowl or this year? And irregardless, why westbrook for HOF? I'm so confused. Westbrook will never make the HOF, plain and simple.

awaahh? wth? If he ever makes the probowl or this year? And irregardless, why westbrook for HOF? I'm so confused. Westbrook will never make the HOF, plain and simple.

I think what he is saying is that if Bush makes the pro bowl with the numbers he's putting up this year, then a guy like westbrook should be in the hall of fame.

yeah, on NFL Live they were talking about how Reggie Bush's best feature is that he doesn't really have a "position." he can lineup anywhere on offense and be a point of focus. there's no possible way you can call Reggie Bush a bust. he also hasn't gotten the opportunities to run the ball the way that Mario Williams has gotten the chance to get to the QB. WIlliams is a bust so far. bush is absolutely not.

im talking about if he makes it this year, hes doing the same things westbrook has done for the eagles the past few years except with a load of hype, you have to account for both of them on every play, whether they line up in the backfield or motion out wide and they give defenses different looks, but there is one difference though, westbrook is always near the top of the league in total td's and how many probowls has he made? only 1?, if bush makes the probowl like some people have suggested everywhere int he media and message boards, etc, it would be because of the hype

Im not putting the guy down, hes far from a bust and one of the most explosive players in the nfl but there are alot of reasons why new orleans is playing well, brees, horn, colston, duece

Bush is on pace for 109 rec. which will shatter the rookie running back record, and also the running back record period which is held by Larry Centers with 103 i believe. If you watch tape of him, you'll see how much attention he draws from the defense which opens things up for everyone else. He just hasn't figured out yet that the NFL is a one cut and go league. He takes a hand-off and dances around too much still. Wait til he figures that one out. Scary. No way he's a bust.

Who's a bigger bust Houston's Marco Williams or N.O. Reggie Bush? The Texans get so much critizism for taking the DE before Bush. Yet Reggie hasnt done anything, avg 3.1 YPC. Nobody says it though.

Nobody says it because that is not the case. Even if the ball is not in his hands, Defenses game plan around this guy. You consider him a bust? I just got dumber. :doh:

• 4 weeks later...

I dont really consider anyone a bust in thier rookie year, but I have heard talk like that about Maro Williams and if people can put Williams in that catigory then they can put Bush there too! Reggie is avg 2.6 ypc! catches alot of balls but he is not the 1st or even 2nd best reciever on the Saints at 6.8 yard per catch. I knew there was no way he could come close to the hype.

Everything about Reggie Bush amazes me this season.

It amazed me when everyone with a microphone in front of their face said it was sacreligious to do anything but annoint him the next great NFL superstar. It amazed me when everyone predicted he would hold out the entire season before he missed even a single day of training camp. It amazed me when people declared their infatuation as clearly well-founded after week 1 because Bush was obviously so much better than Williams. It amazes me now that everyone in the football world makes excuses for his mediocre production.

Everything about Reggie Bush is completely impossible to believe. Why wasn't it enough before the draft that he was a talented player who would improve whichever team drafted him? Why wasn't it enough that the Texans evaluated their roster and decided a great DE was of more importance than a great RB? Why isn't it enough now that Bush is a dynamic change-of-pace back who will likely improve after his rookie season? Why can't Bush be all of those things, and Williams simultaneously be a relatively productive defensive end who started from his first day with the team?

Why must everything in this league be surrounded by a cloud of unneccesary hype?

Everything about Reggie Bush amazes me this season.

It amazed me when everyone with a microphone in front of their face said it was sacreligious to do anything but annoint him the next great NFL superstar. It amazed me when everyone predicted he would hold out the entire season before he missed even a single day of training camp. It amazed me when people declared their infatuation as clearly well-founded after week 1 because Bush was obviously so much better than Williams. It amazes me now that everyone in the football world makes excuses for his mediocre production.

Everything about Reggie Bush is completely impossible to believe. Why wasn't it enough before the draft that he was a talented player who would improve whichever team drafted him? Why wasn't it enough that the Texans evaluated their roster and decided a great DE was of more importance than a great RB? Why isn't it enough now that Bush is a dynamic change-of-pace back who will likely improve after his rookie season? Why can't Bush be all of those things, and Williams simultaneously be a relatively productive defensive end who started from his first day with the team?

Why must everything in this league be surrounded by a cloud of unneccesary hype?

why ask why? Try bud dry.

:cheers:

reggie bush is unstopable! :doh:

I think Mario is turning out to be quite good. Lets not forget he plays on a horrible texas defense.

In his first 3 games of the season he had no sacks. In his last 5 games he has 4.5.... You could say he has turned it on.

So in 8 games he has 4.5 sacks... I think thats more than our whole team has.

9 sacks in 16 games for a rookie is pretty darn good. I'm thinking he ends up with 12 sacks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061110

Texans (+10.5) over JAGS

We're now at the stage of the Mario Williams-Reggie Bush saga when every true Texan fan on the planet (A) knows that Reggie Bush is averaging only 2.6 yards per carry, and (B) had mentioned that to at least 10 of his friends in the past few days, accompanied by a line like, "Hey, maybe this worked out for the best!" And you know what? You might be right. Bush looks terrible. I know he's been a valuable decoy, but it doesn't explain why he's stutter-stepping behind the line on every rush. It looks like he spent the summer studying Thomas Jones' game films from his Arizona days. Step it up, Reggie.

IMO Reggie Bush will at best be a healthy westbrook (which would be 1000 rush 500 receiving). He has great hands, amazing moves, and great speed. He just can't run between the tackles, if new orleans ran more sweeps, pulled linemen, ran counters, pitches, anything outside (ALOT more) he would be a good runner. Williams has looked good and has played pretty much ever snap, he plays 3rd down dt, de, drops back a bit, he does it all. Williams looks like a young peppers, but he hasn't faced as many double teams yet (the giants played him one on one a lot). Also if the texans had bush, it would be horrible. That zone blocking scheme with one cut and then taking off would be hell for bush, even if he could run between the tackles. Bush would make an amazing #3 receiver on any team, a great returner and hopefully a westbrook type back. Until about 2 years from now no one can really say anyone from the draft is a bust, or that anyone screwed up their picks.

Archived