Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reggie Bush

tonyriggins

I think bush is all hyped up.

Ok he leads the league in receptions... at what 7-8 yards a reception? He is avg 3 ypc. He had a punt return for a td.

Did anyone even begin to think that maybe the Saints are a pretty good now because they have one of the best QB's in the League on their team now?

Mario Williams won the game verse miami with 1 1/2 sacks, and knocked a pass down in the end zone in the final few seconds of that game that would have given miami the win.

So right now if you want to go off who won games for the team its even.

Is a 3rd down back worth the #1 pick? I hope it doesn't turn out that way.

People who say stuff like this obviously don't watch the Saints play. He has an impact on every offensive snap, whether he gets the ball or not. The Saints are using him great, not wearing him out as he adjusts to the grueling NFL schedule, but still decoying him enough that it helps the rest of the offense. He hasn't gotten into the endzone yet on offense, but FWIW he has had a sore achilles since week 1 so Payton has been taking it easy with him. Since everyone here who thinks he sucks is so big on his "disappointing" stats, here's one: Reggie has 1 game winning play for the Saints this year. How many do the other rookies have?

As for all of the Bush supporters here, you all must be closet Saints fans. If it walks like a duck... //tr1stupidityoff

Yes, Yes Bush the best player ever :doh:

and Mario is the worst...

do we not see the double standard here?

All I can see is youre being over synical. No one is saying this. What they are saying is that Williams has not shown his value as a #1 pick this year at all.

While Bush, who is paying dividens on a team that was not supposed to be very good at all this year, is proving that he should have been the #1 pick.

Regardless of if you wish to slam Bush or not.

All I can see is youre being over synical. No one is saying this. What they are saying is that Williams has not shown his value as a #1 pick this year at all.

While Bush, who is paying dividens on a team that was not supposed to be very good at all this year, is proving that he should have been the #1 pick.

Regardless of if you wish to slam Bush or not.

Each has individually won a game for their team. How has bush done any more than Williams... And how do you even begin to judge who has done more?

People hyping bush do not want to look at the stats... well the stats are not going to lie after 5 games... the dude is having trouble running the ball.

Then if you say he is having trouble rushing.. they say.. they are easing him in? No! Duce is the better running back. (as a runner)

But the same people want to look at the stats for Mario. If that is the case don't look at williams stats he's a rookie to, and I would say its harder for a DE Rookie than a RB.

People who say stuff like this obviously don't watch the Saints play. He has an impact on every offensive snap, whether he gets the ball or not. The Saints are using him great, not wearing him out as he adjusts to the grueling NFL schedule, but still decoying him enough that it helps the rest of the offense. He hasn't gotten into the endzone yet on offense, but FWIW he has had a sore achilles since week 1 so Payton has been taking it easy with him. Since everyone here who thinks he sucks is so big on his "disappointing" stats, here's one: Reggie has 1 game winning play for the Saints this year. How many do the other rookies have?

As for all of the Bush supporters here, you all must be closet Saints fans. If it walks like a duck... //tr1stupidityoff

Glad I didn't defend him them. Wouldn't want to be a closet Saints fan.

Reggie Bush rushing

game 1: R. Bush 14 61 4.3

game 2: R. Bush 6 5 0.8 ypc

game 3: R. Bush 13 53 4ypc

game 4: R. Bush 11 22 2ypc

game 5: R. Bush 9 23 2.5 ypc

3.1 ypc for the season

his pass catching?

7.4 yds per catch

Is this what you expect from a person that was suppose to be the #1 pick?

Could you imagine what it would be like If we picked him, and he was putting up that type of rushing stats here in DC? We'd wonder if we maybe a huge mistake taking a running back with the #1 or #2 pick overall.

We would look back at what ronnie brown & cadillac williams did in there first season.

Who's a bigger bust Houston's Marco Williams or N.O. Reggie Bush? The Texans get so much critizism for taking the DE before Bush. Yet Reggie hasnt done anything, avg 3.1 YPC. Nobody says it though.

Wow, you haven't been watching any Saints games, have you? Bush has REVITALIZED the saints. The Saints would be 1-4 this year without him. He may not be having those great rushing numbers, but realzie he's technically the no. 2 runnig back behind mcalister. Look at his receptions, punt return yards, etc. And look how Deuce has responded! By teams focusing in on reggie, Deuce is having a fantastic year.

Each has individually won a game for their team. How has bush done any more than Williams... And how do you even begin to judge who has done more?

People hyping bush do not want to look at the stats... well the stats are not going to lie after 5 games... the dude is having trouble running the ball.

Then if you say he is having trouble rushing.. they say.. they are easing him in? No! Duce is the better running back. (as a runner)

But the same people want to look at the stats for Mario. If that is the case don't look at williams stats he's a rookie to, and I would say its harder for a DE Rookie than a RB.

dude, I dont even know where to start. Watch the games. If you still don't get it, have someone explain it to you.

Reggie Bush rushing

game 1: R. Bush 14 61 4.3

game 2: R. Bush 6 5 0.8 ypc

game 3: R. Bush 13 53 4ypc

game 4: R. Bush 11 22 2ypc

game 5: R. Bush 9 23 2.5 ypc

3.1 ypc for the season

his pass catching?

7.4 yds per catch

You left out the part where he averages over 110 all purpose yards per game. And how he leads the league in catches. Including WRs, whose job it is to catch.

You left out the part where he averages over 110 all purpose yards per game. And how he leads the league in catches. Including WR's, whose job it is to catch.

So I drafted a Running back #2 in the draft to run for 3.1 ypc, and catch 8 passes for 7.4 ypc? When I already had a pro bowl type back?

Man you are right I'm SOLD!

You ought to go back and watch the past 4 years of saints games....

Drew Bree's is the reason the saint are where they are.

I'd say its a combination of a lot of things. They are playing very well, haven't had a rough schedule yet, and the people they added are all doing great. Colston is doing amazing, Bush is doing good, Brees looks good. Also the change in coaching staff is a big reason. Don't say its just Brees cause thats ignorant. I'd say if you want the biggest factor its the new coaching staff cause Haslett was terrible.

So I drafted a Running back #2 in the draft to run for 3.1 ypc, and catch 8 passes for 7.4 ypc? When I already had a pro bowl type back?

Man you are right I'm SOLD!

... Duece hasn't been a pro bowl back for a good # of seasons. Injuries or what not. But now that he has someone like Bush to help out hes doing very good and has rebounded from the injury (which i was really wrong about so far). Sometimes a players contributions can't be measured in stats. Bush is helping the team, sure hes not living up to the hype just yet, but who could have. He is playing good football. Hes not the best back to come out ever, but still.

That is exactly right. Bush or not, they wouldnt have the record they do without Brees.

You could say that about just about everyone on that team this year. I'm not arguing that bush is the only reason they are good. But to say that he is not even PART of the reason is just crazy. Someone get prophet fitted for a helmet before he hurts himself.

I agree the Saints are stronger for a combination of items including Bush, who has been incedible. However, Bres is the real deal and leader of the team. They would not be a winner withhout him.

As shocked as I was when SD let him go and Miami didn't take him, I was dissappointed the Redskins didn't make a ran at him. There are few chances to get a QB of his potential and Brunell has been passed his prime for years. That's not to say he couldn't win it all this season, but the future could have been Bres.

You could say that about just about everyone on that team this year. I'm not arguing that bush is the only reason they are good. But to say that he is not even PART of the reason is just crazy. Someone get prophet fitted for a helmet before he hurts himself.

Honestly I don't care either way... My biggest thing is I would never draft a running back in the top 3. Especially one that is more of a 3rd down back IMO. But again thats my opinion. In a few years we will find out if i'm wrong.

Come ON! saying Duce is not a pro bowl type back is insane. The dude was hurt last year, and had no qb to help him and still produced.

2002 New Orleans Saints 15 15 325 1388 4.3 62 13tds

2003 New Orleans Saints 16 16 351 1641 4.7 76 8tds

2004 New Orleans Saints 14 14 269 1074 4.0 71 9tds (missed 2 games)

2005 New Orleans Saints 5 5 93 335 3.6 3 (hurt)

Come ON! saying Duce is not a pro bowl type back is insane. The dude was hurt last year, and had no qb to help him and still produced.

2002 New Orleans Saints 15 15 325 1388 4.3 62 13tds

2003 New Orleans Saints 16 16 351 1641 4.7 76 8tds

2004 New Orleans Saints 14 14 269 1074 4.0 71 9tds (missed 2 games)

2005 New Orleans Saints 5 5 93 335 3.6 3 (hurt)

try again.

... Duece hasn't been a pro bowl back for a good # of seasons

Archived