Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it safe to come in now?

TC4

Just wanna make sure that it is safe to come back after all the carnage on Sunday

LOL :jk:

Anyways, two things I remember from Sunday hearing that I thought I would at least pass along....

First, did anyone else catch it when they said during the game that Gregg Williams said that he wouldn't be able to blitz as much due to not having Shawn Springs in the secondary? I sure do, and I have a feeling that when he is back, you will see the defense pick it up and blitz more, as they will be able to attack more knowing they can play better man-to-man.

Second, the Colts defense can not stop the run. If we can run the way the Jaguars and Titans did when they went to Indy, with our passing game, we got a decent shot at a win there I think. You don't think Joe isn't line it up and play smash mouth knowing that?

Discuss....

Heh, carnage over?

Oh hell no!

Check out the 2 threads directly underneath this...

One saying UNFORTUNANTLY the season is over and the other one saying Rogers is a bust!

Better come back after we kick the Titans but! :)

LOL - I completly agree, it's just that we need to grow some balls on both D and O and play with confidence week in and out. Hopefully we can beat the Titans. But if we do I'm worried the skins will go back thinking they beat the best team, you know vince young and all, and will lay another egg in Indy. I mean it's Paytons house, we can't win there (they'd think that).

I don't know..I'm with you, we DEF have a chance to upset Indy and go into the bye 4-3 but A LOT of work is needed to be done. We NEED intensity, we need our O line to play half as decent as the 91' o-line! We need G-williams to trust his peeps...

I think the Redskins need to stop this "Springs is hurt" excuse. We are not the only team in the NFL with ONE injured starter. The defense stinks and until Gregg W. is willing to admit this and stop being so arrogant and ignorant and ask himself how to fix it, we are in for a very long season.

Remember guys, the denfese has not had ONE good game. Yes guys, even the Texans torched our secondary at will.

Come back when we win against the titans and everyone will think we are on are way to the superbowl. I mean its just rediculous what a 360 this board takes when we lose. When we beat the jags everyone was like oh we are on the way to the superbowl then we lose one game and everyone wants to quit. haha this board makes me laugh real hard sometimes. Dont worry about me I am hanging in there till the end win or lose thats what makes a real redskins fan.

I mentioned before that Indy would be a good time to unleash a heavy dose of Duckett. - They have the smallest D-line in the league and have trouble stopping the run. Wear them down with Duckett, then throw in some speed with Portis. - Control the clock, keep Peyton off the field.

I mentioned before that Indy would be a good time to unleash a heavy dose of Duckett. - They have the smallest D-line in the league and have trouble stopping the run. Wear them down with Duckett, then throw in some speed with Portis. - Control the clock, keep Peyton off the field.

The Giants had an issue before their bye with stopping the pass.. look what happened. The Colts have a bye before the Redskin game, guess what their focus will be on?

The Giants had an issue before their bye with stopping the pass.. look what happened. The Colts have a bye before the Redskin game, guess what their focus will be on?

yea but technique and a lack of size are two different things. - If the want to stack the box, let'em. We still have WR's.

Yeah, but which O-Line will show up during the game? The one that gets Brunell knocked down and sacked or the other?

I'm hoping the one that played against Jacksonville will be the one that walks onto the field every week from now on.

I think they were our biggest problem on offense last week.

I live here in NJ but I'm a huge Skins fan and after the game, Tiki said they were able to beat the skins because the skins were basic in all parts of the game. He said compared to every other team thus far, the skins scheme was basic and they new every play the skins were gonna run.

I live here in NJ but I'm a huge Skins fan and after the game, Tiki said they were able to beat the skins because the skins were basic in all parts of the game. He said compared to every other team thus far, the skins scheme was basic and they new every play the skins were gonna run.

This should be it's own thread. But it shouldn't be a surprise when you bring in new players. The basic play calling on both offense and defense should deminish as the season moves on.

I wish we could pickup another decent CB before the Oct.15th trade deadline.. or Springs needs to Spring into action.

Patton or Duckett for a decent CB anyone?

Good cornerbacks are much more difficult to come by than either good WR's or good RB's. It would be all but impossible to get a good CB by trading either Patton or Duckett.

I mean, what stupid front office would trade a good CB for a good RB?

Uh, whoops. I... um... mean besides us.

That's it! We can trade Duckett for Shawn Springs and throw in a second. Well, we don't have a second, so we could make it a first in 2008.

That definately sounds like a trade we'd make.

Seriously, we have to hope that when Springs comes back, the coverage will settle down and play decent. I hope we can generate some pressure on the QB with better coverage allowing us to blitz. :fingersx:

Only GW to blame for setting up a defense so totally dependent on 1 player.

That is an interesting statement. It would seem that when and only when Springs return will everything be fine according to GW. I think that GW needs to get off of this "we gotta blitz to win" mentality and adjust what needs to be done now, not when Springs returns. And by the way, when Springs does return, he will have missed the first half of the season. How much rust do you think he is going to have on him, compared to guys who have been playing since day one. His return, will not bring instant gratification to the defensive plays. Although, I do hope I am completly wrong.

:helmet: :logo:

Archived