Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When will it be time.......?

BDOG510

The fact that you think we should bench Brunell to bring immediate succes shows your football knowledge.... :laugh:

Yes, let's randomly bring in a kid who's never taken a snap into the most complex offense in the NFL and pray he becomes tom Brady immediately. LOL.

When did I ever say brings immediate success? Show me where. Oh wait...I didn't. So don't put words in my mouth and then question MY football knowledge, because it would seem that your apparent lack of reading comprehension has me questioning your general knowledge.

What I was saying is that Brunell is old, and the offense is gonna be here in the long term. Campbell is the long term answer, Brunell isn't. Gibbs starting Campbell to get the growing pains out of the way would be excellent. I don't need him to be Tom Brady, but if he were Carson Palmer or Eli Manning, and got experience and went through growing pains but was ready for year two, that would be great.

I can admit that Gibbs has softened up too much since he's come back. Not going for it ever on fourth and one and not benching Brunell are prime examples of that. But the guy can still flat out coach. He brought us to the playoffs last year. These guys believe in him. He's the best coach we're gonna get.

What are you talking about? He dosen't coach anymore. His only responsibility is game management, the clock and whether to go for it or not, stuff like that.

And honestly he sucks at it.

I don't have 3 Super Bowl rings but come on, 16-3 late in 3rd and we attempt a FG to make it 16-6?

What good does that good? It was a terrible call, even HOF's can make mistakes and he did, that was just beyond conservative it was just flat bad.

There are so many problems with this team that its not even worth trying to find 1 person to blame it on.

Gibbs won't be back next year because when we miss the playoffs and finish 8-8 at best he is going to realize that this team is a long ways away from winning and he won't stick around for that. His wife wants him to quit already.

That's original.

Thanks. I was actually really concerned about whether or not you found my posts to be original or not. :doh:

No matter how you feel about my post you've got to admit that way to many people are blowing this game way out of proportion. Yes it was a disgusting display of football, and yes this team is capable of so much more, but for people to start saying that Snyder needs to fire Gibbs and Co. is just ridiculous. To say that we have no shot of making the playoffs at this point is just crazy, and to say that this season is over is just plain stupid.

Guest sith lord
If i'm not mistaken Saunders calls most of the plays, not Gibbs. SO it could have been Saunders decision not to go for it. Just a thought.

Don't even go there, that call was all Gibbs. If Saunders is making the decisions on when we should or shouldn't go for it, he should be the headcoach. Plus, Gibbs do call some of the plays.

It's not that we lost, its the WAY we lost.

Gibbs first five games as the Skins coach he went 0-5. Would you have fired him then, too?

Sometimes you have to be patient. There is no quick fix for us. We fire Gibbs now we regress back to before Spurrier was here. Still a TON of football to be played this season. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

If i'm not mistaken Saunders calls most of the plays, not Gibbs. SO it could have been Saunders decision not to go for it. Just a thought.

Haha good lord!

So now Gibbs isn't play calling or making the game management decisions?

Is he just eye candy modeling Reebok Redskin gear on the sidelines?

That's original.

So is the username "sith lord".

For crying out loud people, when a HOF coach who's been in the league as a head coach for more than 10 years, won THREE superbowls, and worked other coaching jobs before that in pro football, and he wants to coach the team for 5 years, you say "THANK YOU" and shut up and watch what happens. There actually are questions you don't ask, and this is one of them. Gibbs is staying here, and I can't believe I have to defend that idea.

We're freaking 2-3, the season isn't over. Isn't this the reason that the Redskins WEREN'T good over the past ~12 years? Weren't people equally freaking out about how we never developed a sense of TEAM continuity? Has anyone forgotten what happened last week? Yeah, we looked like balls today and played like it too (and maybe the 4th and 1 we should have gone for it, but we certainly didn't ever establish the line well enough so that Gibbs / Saunders could trust them to get that 1 yard), but can anybody just understand, think, take a deep breath, and try to remember how we all felt when we were 5-6 and had to win 5 in a row??

Guest sith lord
Gibbs first five games as the Skins coach he went 0-5. Would you have fired him then, too?

Sometimes you have to be patient. There is no quick fix for us. We fire Gibbs now we regress back to before Spurrier was here. Still a TON of football to be played this season. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

This is Gibbs 3rd year as coach and we're regressing.

When did I ever say brings immediate success? Show me where. Oh wait...I didn't. So don't put words in my mouth and then question MY football knowledge, because it would seem that your apparent lack of reading comprehension has me questioning your general knowledge.

What I was saying is that Brunell is old, and the offense is gonna be here in the long term. Campbell is the long term answer, Brunell isn't. Gibbs starting Campbell to get the growing pains out of the way would be excellent. I don't need him to be Tom Brady, but if he were Carson Palmer or Eli Manning, and got experience and went through growing pains but was ready for year two, that would be great.

You must have meant immediate success. It's only 5 games into the season and you said he should've benched Brunell. So what did you give up on the team from season's start???? You said "the decision not to bench brunell". That was past tense in how you were using it. Why ruin a season that isn't near dead yet?

for all you guys clammering to fire Joe Gibbs, u have any suggestions on who we'd bring in...or who you think the miracle cure for this organization is going to be. If not, then stick with Gibbs cuz these players never give up and will keep fighting as shown by last year's 5 in a row or we dont go. Or did you all not think that could happen either. Keep the faith.

Honestly none of this fire Gibbs stuff makes any sense to me because he's not even coaching.

He isn't the offensive cord. or the defensive cord.

He dosen't do anything, besides decide whether or not to kick (punt or fg) or go for it and when to call time outs I guess.

Gibbs gets too much credit when things go well and too much blame when things go bad.

Gibbs was not the reason we made the playoffs last year, he made the offensive calls, not the defensive ones, and our offense was bad for the most part, which is why Gibbs basically fired himself and hired Saunders.

To me Gibbs is basically a figure head as far as games go. We'd do the same whether he was there or not.

So is the username "sith lord".

For crying out loud people, when a HOF coach who's been in the league as a head coach for more than 10 years, won THREE superbowls, and worked other coaching jobs before that in pro football, and he wants to coach the team for 5 years, you say "THANK YOU" and shut up and watch what happens. There actually are questions you don't ask, and this is one of them. Gibbs is staying here, and I can't believe I have to defend that idea.

We're freaking 2-3, the season isn't over. Isn't this the reason that the Redskins WEREN'T good over the past ~12 years? Weren't people equally freaking out about how we never developed a sense of TEAM continuity? Has anyone forgotten what happened last week? Yeah, we looked like balls today and played like it too (and maybe the 4th and 1 we should have gone for it, but we certainly didn't ever establish the line well enough so that Gibbs / Saunders could trust them to get that 1 yard), but can anybody just understand, think, take a deep breath, and try to remember how we all felt when we were 5-6 and had to win 5 in a row??

I don't know. Felt the same at 5-6 as I feel tonight. Really would hurt to have a godawful season then watch Gibbs leave. Not good at all.

You want to fire Gibbs because we lost a road game to a desperate rival?

:laugh:

This place kills me after a loss.

I Agree with you...a loss to the Giants in NY calls for Gibbs to be fired....SAD A few weeks ago it was Brunell and John Hall. But last week the same people who are complaining wanted Gibbs to run for President and Brunell be his running mate. Guys really we are not going to win every game....Gee is it possible we would not have made the 4th and 1? Then they would have been upset about him going for it and not taking the points...I kinda expected not to pull this one out....it happens...we should be focusing on the Titans and getting to 3-3 then playing the Colts, not firing coaches over one game.

Guest sith lord
Honestly none of this fire Gibbs stuff makes any sense to me because he's not even coaching.

He isn't the offensive cord. or the defensive cord.

He dosen't do anything, besides decide whether or not to kick (punt or fg) or go for it and when to call time outs I guess.

Gibbs gets too much credit when things go well and too much blame when things go bad.

Gibbs was not the reason we made the playoffs last year, he made the offensive calls, not the defensive ones, and our offense was bad for the most part, which is why Gibbs basically fired himself and hired Saunders.

To me Gibbs is basically a figure head as far as games go. We'd do the same whether he was there or not.

In other words, we have no head coach.

To just admit that Gibbs and Co. have done a terrible job this year with this team.

When will it be time to fire Gibbs and bring in some fresh blood that can get this team back to where we all want them to be.

Will Dan fire Gibbs if we end up with a losing season this year.........?:doh:

This is the very reason why we've been an average team for more than a decade. We keep bringing in "fresh blood." Gibbs was fresh blood three seasons ago. I agree that there are some problems that start with him. But I fully him to fix them. If he can't there aren't too many who can.

Archived